• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

OryoN

I think Need For Speed:MWU compares quite well with NFS:Rivals, to the point where I could see a 720p version on Wii U, with all features intact(though it won't happen). The console could prove to be quite a capable little machine if only devs/pubs cared enough to invest the effort. That's why I'm anxious to see how Project Cars is going to look on it.

Nice pic, by the way! I have to give props to GG for not being afraid to actually use some color in KillZone. It's makes such a big difference!

Timu

7cfc20e6_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1716-24-44-247.png

29ef317a_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1717-11-55-155.png

6abe5dbc_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1717-12-57-613.png

d11c53f1_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1716-31-13-439.png

f0ec2c23_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1717-16-53-048.png

f5b01d4e_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1717-20-50-882.png

60c251c9_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-11-1718-23-45-310.png

And yes that last shot is gameplay with the HUD off.

No_Style

Those of you who wish to export the PS4 screenshots without uploading them to Facebook or Twitter, you can attach them via PSN messages and retrieve those attachments through the messages in PlayStation App. I saved them to my Photo Stream on iOS and got them on my computer that way.

Unfortunately you cannot send messages to yourself so you will need a buddy or a dummy account.

Inconvenient workaround but it works. I tested with my brother and I managed to get the 1080p 260KB JPG out.

nib95

Banned
Quick and dirty next gen faces comparison. Only one that was resized is the Assassins Creed one (downsampled to fit), otherwise the others are all 1:1 pixel crops from their original 1080p capture.

10917095213_d5144dcb4b_o.jpg

Quick and dirty next gen faces comparison. Only one that was resized is the Assassins Creed one (downsampled to fit), otherwise the others are all 1:1 pixel crops from their original 1080p capture.

This is probably definitely my bias speaking but I prefer Shadowfall. Crysis 3's would look better if the face chosen wasn't so gaunt and I'm not a fan of BF4's faces at all, looks like someone smeared vaseline over all of them and every character seems to have weird cuts.

Ran rp

Those of you who wish to export the PS4 screenshots without uploading them to Facebook or Twitter, you can attach them via PSN messages and retrieve those attachments through the messages in PlayStation App. I saved them to my Photo Stream on iOS and got them on my computer that way.

Unfortunately you cannot send messages to yourself so you will need a buddy or a dummy account.

Inconvenient workaround but it works. I tested with my brother and I managed to get the 1080p 260KB JPG out.

Woah, thanks! If you have a Vita you can download it through a message as well and either send it to your email or copy it to your computer with Content Manager Assistant.

Just tried it with this pic.

Twitter (121 KB):

BZUgAfwIMAAgezv.jpg:orig

Messages -> Email/CMA (252 KB):

iHkHAcwoh4pSr.jpg

It's still a bit compressed but it is much cleaner.

Locked to Twitter and Facebook right now. Eventually we'll be able to export via USB

Shit, guess no screen captures for me then. Hopefully it's soon.

Edit:

Thanks for this.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Someone should post a comparison of the messages and Facebook options.

What's the lighting KZ is using?

I don't think they're using any 3rd party lighting engine so it's built in house.

Ganon's Tower

http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bys8r.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/wiiu_screenshot_tv_017tuoo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You should probably spoiler that second one.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is probably definitely my bias speaking but I prefer Shadowfall. Crysis 3's would look better if the face chosen wasn't so gaunt and I'm not a fan of BF4's faces at all, looks like someone smeared vaseline over all of them and every character seems to have weird cuts.

Battlefield's faces are weird. They're mapped after the voice performers. Sometimes it looks like there's too much blur or something being applied. Other times they look fantastic.

battleyauyx.jpg

Ran rp

I don't think they're using any 3rd party lighting engine so it's built in house.

There's hardly any difference between FB and Twitter uploads.

a comparison of facebook and twitter compression

original filesize: 406 KB

twitter
BZUNPEEIMAA3SRN.jpg:orig

fb
1400702_536849939723553_1681443745_o.jpg

Original filesize: 272 KB

twitter
BZJ1GFJIgAA7y2U.jpg:orig

fb
1417698_536855466389667_1957754204_o.jpg

Original filesize: 268 KB

twitter
BZJ3CHcIIAAdpwp.jpg:orig

fb
1415053_536855586389655_1995102755_o.jpg

Original filesize: 488 KB

twitter
BZJ1ms2IIAAfJ-v.jpg:orig

fb
1404663_536855519722995_1778657201_o.jpg

Not really much of difference between the two. Both seem to chop the already too small filesizes in half.

Desperately need PNG > USB export ASAP.

Battlefield's faces are weird. They're mapped after the voice performers. Sometimes it looks like there's too much blur or something being applied. Other times they look fantastic.

battleyauyx.jpg

That looks great, almost as good as Ryse, the teeth look well done too. Hope we can compare soon.

Ran rp

What is "Messages"?

Also can't you use the web browser to upload directly to Abload or Minus?

Attaching the screenshot to a message and sending it to someone then downloading the picture from the PlayStation App or the Messages app on the Vita.

Just tried minus and abload from the browser and they don't work :/

phanphare

Banned

just edited it. didn't know how to put an image in spoiler tags so I just linked it and put a spoiler warning in front

Pitmonkey

My PS4 should be arriving tomorrow morning, hyped. I'll post some shots here if I can (I have an external capture card so the quality should be pretty good, no compression).

Unless you have an HDCP stripper or DVI converter external capture cards won't work as of yet.

What's the lighting KZ is using?

What do you mean? It's their own engine.

This should be in OP.

Timu

Unless you have an HDCP stripper or DVI converter external capture cards won't work as of yet.
Recording videos may not work unless you use Fraps or Bandicam for software recording, but taking screenshots from them does using Fraps or Bandicam, and external capture cards like Roxio, Elgato, Avermedia, PVR2 all work with the PS4 for screenshots.

Satchel

Banned
They do. There's a shit tonne of compression in some of these shots. In-fact, in some like for like scenario's even Gamersyde's video grabs look sharper lol. Having said that, these really look fugly to you?

/pics/

Your re-posts look nicer. The only one that look s odd (not visually, but just....odd) is the one of the Helgan on the ground.

Other than that. Pretty.

I need to ask, as someone who liked KZ3 and ated KZ2, will I like SF?

VanWinkle

Faces are all nicely detailed. I prefer the skin shaders on KZ from those.

Yeah IMO pikmin is the all arond best game on Wii U right now... plus the best graphics IMO... and just to think this started as a Wii game. I really want Pikmin 4 ground up with new engine.... people are not ready!
Slightly off topic(but on the topic of reused engines), isn't KZSF using a modified KZ3 engine? Or is it an all new engine built for next gen?

Slightly off topic(but on the topic of reused engines), isn't KZSF using a modified KZ3 engine? Or is it an all new engine built for next gen?

I'm sure it's all based on the same stuff, but the lighting is mostly new. Almost all dynamic. No more "point" lights either. It's all area lights.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Lord the last 2 pages have been full of fugly.

Even the Killzone shots posted in the last page or 2 have looked downright average. Surely all these games look way better than some of these screens.

Having just played through Killzone, and being a PC gamer, I'll say that Killzone's graphics are very inconsistent. There areas without much going on, low resolution textures, not a lot of geometry, and frivolous use of flare and other effects. Then there are levels with next gen effects and large scale (beginning of chapter 4). Seems to me the game originated on PS3 or was a rushed launch title. I expect that PS4 titles in 2 years will be defined by:
1. Large scale
2. No load times
3. Areas with texture bombs - areas where the tiniest of details in game are high enough resolution that you can read papers/ads/warning signs/pictures.

Ansisotropic filtering would also be nice.

EDarkness

Hmmm...I think the AC4 face is better. Just seems more vibrant and less plasticy. Honestly, they all look good but I think it's simply a matter of personal artistic taste at this point.

Mashing

Those faces look more detailed than what was in FF: Spirits Within movie IMO. It's very hard to pull off imperfection in human skin, but developers are making fantastic headway in that regard.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Recording videos may not work unless you use Fraps or Bandicam for software recording, but taking screenshots from them does using Fraps or Bandicam, and external capture cards like Roxio, Elgato, Avermedia, PVR2 all work with the PS4 for screenshots.

What are you using to capture?

Pitmonkey

Can we keep these facial comparisons for a separate thread? Not hating what so ever, just out of context for this threads intent.

That said - I'm constantly surprised with Assassin's Creed 4 for the Wii U. The texture work is so far beyond AC3 it's laughable.

dlY06iq.jpg

hpUylwL.jpg

mo60

Wow at some of the shots in this thread especially the shots from Killzone SF and some of the WiiU games.

Top Bottom