• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save A Life: Naughty Dog fan leather smith fighting cancer (Last stretch ~1.1k left!)

"Contracts cancer, time to make methamph... I mean leather equipment"

Damn, I would love to donate that 500 sooo much. But I don't know if I have the money. Also, does it feel a little douchery if I order some of the items from "Dat" Vigilante store, rather than donate to him. I mean, that holster and wrist band look real good, but I feel sad if only portion of the money goes for his cancer treatment and rest for the materials.

I don't want for such a talented guy to go so early.

kubus

"Contracts cancer, time to make methamph... I mean leather equipment"

Damn, I would love to donate that 500 sooo much. But I don't know if I have the money. Also, does it feel a little douchery if I order some of the items from "Dat" Vigilante store, rather than donate to him. I mean, that holster and wrist band look real good, but I feel sad if only portion of the money goes for his cancer treatment and rest for the materials.

I don't want for such a talented guy to go so early.
By all means, if you see something on the website that catches your eye: go for it. All money made from purchases go to the gofundme page so it would be a big help!

Of course you can also add an extra tip to your purchase if that makes you feel better :)

kubus

A wonderful person who wants to remain anonymous just bought all the Steam and Origin keys I was selling, and donated all the proceeds from that to the GoFundMe page :D. Unbelievable how many wonderful people there are <3

We need more publicity people. At this rate, we won't make it. For that final push we need something to happen.

We pushed editors to publish this on their sites and that worked. Now we need something else. Anyone familiar with streamers? I see a lot of these "streams for charity", something like that would be wonderful.

Apparently, for Ana Kessel, the hit-and-run victim from Insomniac, Epic Games organized some auction with the proceeds going to her fundraiser. We should try to get something like that set up for David as well.

Anything goes now!

Ok, bought the backpack, wrist, holster and the buckle. totally costing 280$, + 20 dollars of donation to kick some cancer ass.

Just hope he takes his time to recover before he starts to work again.

FYC

Banned
A wonderful person who wants to remain anonymous just bought all the Steam and Origin keys I was selling, and donated all the proceeds from that to the GoFundMe page :D. Unbelievable how many wonderful people there are <3

We need more publicity people. At this rate, we won't make it. For that final push we need something to happen.

We pushed editors to publish this on their sites and that worked. Now we need something else. Anyone familiar with streamers? I see a lot of these "streams for charity", something like that would be wonderful.

Apparently, for Ana Kessel, the hit-and-run victim from Insomniac, Epic Games organized some auction with the proceeds going to her fundraiser. We should try to get something like that set up for David as well.

Anything goes now!

Yeah, we need to make one last push. I'm gonna be e-mailing / tweeting a bunch of people.

If we could get this on IGN that'd be fucking bonkers. Everyone should tweet the everloving shit out of @GameOverGreggy (Greg Miller).

Also thinking of Gametrailers and Giantbomb. I think @patrickklepek would be willing to lend a hand.

edit: Oh sweet jesus, peanutbuttergamer and james chen retweeted me already. Off to a good start.

kubus

Ok, bought the backpack, wrist, holster and the buckle. totally costing 280$, + 20 dollars of donation to kick some cancer ass.

Just hope he takes his time to recover before he starts to work again.
You are a fantastic human being. Thank you!

Yeah, we need to make one last push. I'm gonna be e-mailing / tweeting a bunch of people.

If we could get this on IGN that'd be fucking bonkers. Everyone should tweet the everloving shit out of @GameOverGreggy (Greg Miller).

Also thinking of Gametrailers and Giantbomb. I think @patrickklepek would be willing to lend a hand.

edit: Oh sweet jesus, peanutbuttergamer and james chen retweeted me already. Off to a good start.
That's really great!! Thank you!! This afternoon I tried emailing some developers so hopefully we'll get a response from that as well.

I'm off to bed now again unfortunately, fingers crossed one of the people you contacted can help! And hopefully I get a helpful mail in my inbox tomorrow too.

FYC

Banned
So far it's been going swimmingly. Boogie / Francis, Max Scoville, Jim Sterling, Mega64... So many people retweeted. Holy shit. I'm speechless. When I'm done I have to go back and thank each and every one of them personally. If any of you read this, thank you.

FYC

Banned
Hmm, is it me or does the recent donations bar act funny? Sometimes the "donated x minutes ago" resets itself or just goes backwards in time.

Well, anyways, we're getting there! Please keep spreading the word. E-mails, tweets, facebook, whatever you can do.

kubus

Waking up and seeing this still going strong is such an wonderful feeling <3

And it reaffirms my belief that NeoGAF is the best gaming community ever. You're all amazing!

We're nearly there, let's keep going!

Edit: Wow, looking back at the first page of this thread, we didn't even have 1k. Now look at us :D

kubus

Bought some stuff and donated. Also provided a good opportunity to bump this thread back up.
Thank you! And thank you again for being so thoughtful to bump :).

Also major shoutouts to Grokbu for fighting really hard to get this on reddit.

Still waiting for any replies to my mails :(

haikira

Unable to donate again, but just thought I'd post to keep things active and say how awesome of a job everyone is doing.

I've also pointed out the donation page to friends and family and trying to think of any other ways to give it exposure.

OrangeOak

I don't know this guy or his work but I hope he gets better
Donated but not much :(
Some of you guys are really awesome,he is lucky to have such support.

Nags, Trolley both with 500. You guys are awesome.

I tend to make a big donation to a charity for Christmas, this seemed a lot more worthy right now as the need for it is clear.

It sounds crazy but it's only once you start reading up on things you realise quite how lucky you are as a person and if my donation helps then it's worth every hour that I work to make it.

kubus

I tend to make a big donation to a charity for Christmas, this seemed a lot more worthy right now as the need for it is clear.

It sounds crazy but it's only once you start reading up on things you realise quite how lucky you are as a person and if my donation helps then it's worth every hour that I work to make it.
That's truly inspiring. Bless you.

FYC

Banned
I wonder if there have been any more store purchases, it's been 16 hours since an "offline donation" appeared.

kubus

I think so, at least a few people mentioned in this thread that they bought something.

So far I haven't gotten any replies to my emails.. :(. Come oooonnn...

FYC

Banned
I promised I would personally thank everyone on twitter who RTed me, so here's a list:

• 4PlayerPodcast
  • Jim Sterling
  • Vinny Caravella
  • Chris Remo
  • Jeff Green
  • Gary Whitta
  • John Vignocchi
  • MMODen / Limpy
  • James Chen
  • Dave Oshry
  • Peanutbuttergamer
  • Mega64
  • Wario64
  • Max Scoville
  • Boogie2988
  • Justin Wong
  • PR_Balrog
  • James Stevenson
  • Drew Scanlon
  • Leigh Alexander
  • SlasherJPC
  • Campster
  • Swiftor
  • David Liao
  • Joseph Christ
  • Dale North
  • Chris Carter
  • Mattie Brice
  • Floe
  • David Jaffe
  • Jebailey
  • Nick Henderson
  • Aris
  • Trihex
  • Laura Kate Dale
  • Ben Kuchera

...I think that's it. Not to mention the people who RTed it from their pages! I mean, holy fucking shit! All of you, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! Such a tremendous help. You're all awesome. Really awesome.

I think so, at least a few people mentioned in this thread that they bought something.

So far I haven't gotten any replies to my emails.. :(. Come oooonnn...

Hmm. I think Kagari helps run RPGSite.net... Maybe she'd be kind enough to help put this story on the front page?

shaowebb

Still trying to raise the rest of the funs to afford his recovery treatments so dont slow down folks. Glad he's gotten this far, but he's still got a bit to go.

Keep donating and tweeting this folks.

Draft

I'm in for 15

My heart aches at the idea of anyone begging for life saving medical care. Society needs to figure this shut out.

Grokbu

The fundraiser has really come a long way. Almost a regular year's salary has been funded so far, in just seven days. Pretty amazing.
Also major shoutouts to Grokbu for fighting really hard to get this on reddit.
I don't feel like I deserve a shoutout though, since I haven't done nearly as much as I could. :/
Not trying to be rude though! It's kind of you for doing the shoutout.

Grokbu

By the way! I cannot currently remember the login details of my old reddit account, and my current one is only a couple of days old. There are a couple of subreddits that exist where it might be suitable to post about this, just that there are some rules on some of them where your account has to be so-and-so old, so I cannot post with my current account. I just thought I'd link these in case anyone would be so kind and want to/can post there.

r/Assistance: http://www.reddit.com/r/Assistance/
On r/Assistance, to make monetary requests your account has to be at least 90 days old.

r/Charity: http://www.reddit.com/r/charity
To post r/Charity, your account has to be at least 20 days old.

Bought a backpack. I really hope this treatment helps him; I lost a friend to pancreatic cancer a couple of years back and it was really nasty.

FYC

Banned
We're down to the last 10 hours!

We can do this!!

Please help by sharing our page to everyone and letting them know about our cause!

I'll be posting another update in a few hours.

Thank you!

$34,606 at the moment!

kubus

Good to see this topic being noticed again! Thank you all for your donations!

I think we'll be able to reach 35k in time :D. Also holy shit someone donated 1k, that's freaking amazing :D

Edit:
I just saw that [bleep] donated 1k.

It needs to be done... please everyone...
Wait, really? It was him? How do you figure?

Top Bottom