• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save A Life: Naughty Dog fan leather smith fighting cancer (Last stretch ~1.1k left!)

Would be nice if this target was met, seems so close, although I really can't believe that for the sake of $500 he would be denied possible life saving treatment, surely things aren't THAT fucked up in the world?

FYC

Banned
$37,616.00

I don't think he's updated offline donations for a couple of hours now. Wonder how much the store's raised since then.

I gotta head to bed. Hopefully when I wake up they will have at least hit 38k. Night night.

Stimpack

I donated as much as I could, and I hope the shout out did something. Someone else reminded me after I had done the stupid Dave Lang "Get fucked, boi!" business, but I should have done it the first time. I do hope he gets better. The guy has an incredible talent, and the world will be all that much worse if he doesn't pull through. Very cool of the Spartan Show couple for asking for the information and the chat for flooding it out there. I hope he gets better =(

*edit* Also the Spartan Show got another follower. That was real cool of them, they're a very genuine couple.

frankiedigital

Neo Member
Seems like surgery is a go, which is awesome news, but after surgery medication is also very important for his body to recover so we need to keep this going

kubus

Someone just called The Spartan Show with a shout out to the campaign! Should hopefully get a couple more donations.
Thats awesome!!!

Edit: Looks like offline donations are being added again!

Another edit: I updated the OP with the latest update from the GFM page, but it's a bit cluttered now. Unfortunately I have to go to work now so I can't sort the OP out to make it look cleaner. If anyone wants to give that a try, go ahead. PM me the code and I'll edit the OP asap. Or maybe it's fine the way it is.

FYC

Banned
!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funds we've been able to raise are enough to get David the surgery he needs! We will be updating everyone soon with more details as they come in but the fight is not over yet!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's great to hear. I'm so happy they'll keep the donations open too. Let's get the rest.

kubus

Yeah 580 donators averaging $65.70 per person. Great work guys especially kubus and others for bringing the cause to light and the constant push.
Right back at ya!

But we're not done yet... We still have 9k to go!

Is there any way we can use the current nextgen hype as a tool to create awareness? The shoutout on the Spartans show was really great, we need more of that. Ideas?

Edit: maybe it's time for a thread title change. How about putting the amount that's left at the end and then get a mod to update it with each 1000 dollars raised? So now it would be (9k left!) or something? Might motivate more people to click on the thread?

FYC

Banned
Right back at ya!

But we're not done yet... We still have 9k to go!

Is there any way we can use the current nextgen hype as a tool to create awareness? The shoutout on the Spartans show was really great, we need more of that. Ideas?

Edit: maybe it's time for a thread title change. How about putting the amount that's left at the end and then get a mod to update it with each 1000 dollars raised? So now it would be (9k left!) or something? Might motivate more people to click on the thread?

Good idea. PM a mod!

Croyles

Glad to hear that he can get the surgery. I hope the goal for the rest of the money is reached soon. I'll see who else I can share it to.

FYC

Banned
New post

This campaign ends when we reach our goal!

We've come this far and we're not going to quit, not now, not when we're this close!

Want to join the fight?

The first step is to get the word out!

Just letting people know about our cause is a huge help!

Please join this fight and let's help David beat this once and for all!

FYC

Banned

Hmm...Try and get in touch with popular streamers? It's worth a shot. I have a few ideas that need some kinks worked out, but I think they could be of help. You'll see what I mean :p

Also, does anyone know Greg Miller's personal e-mail? I think having this on IGN could be a humongous help. Can't get him on twitter or GAF PMs.

Blinck

hey, quick question!

I was trying to make a donation through the website with paypal. However when I "checkout with paypal" I get sent to another checkout with a sheet to fill. Shouldn't I be directed to the paypal checkout immediately ? My paypal already has all this info, so there should be no need to fill it again o_O . Am I missing something?

frankiedigital

Neo Member
hey, quick question!

I was trying to make a donation through the website with paypal. However when I "checkout with paypal" I get sent to another checkout with a sheet to fill. Shouldn't I be directed to the paypal checkout immediately ? My paypal already has all this info, so there should be no need to fill it again o_O . Am I missing something?

From what I remember, there should be a "Checkout with PayPal" button right above that form, you don't need to fill the form

kubus

Ahhhh I'm so sorry for disappearing for almost two days. Something came up and I'm without a computer this weekend so it's hard for me to catch up :(. Thank you to those GAFfers who kept this bumped :). And godofnerdiness, that giveaway is truly awesome! :D

hey, quick question!

Ahh yeah I think you need to fill that form out. I think the website thinks that you're actually buying a product, so it wants you to fill in a shipping address. You can probably fill in nonsense there if you want to. Once you filled out that sheet, you will be directed to the paypal checkout page, iirc. Thank you for donating :)

Nerix

I hope there will be enough support to finance David´s treatment.

But I think it is a real shame, that you have to do such a campaign to get propper health care in one of the richest countries in the world.

In Europe (or at least in Germany) it would be unbelievable to be in such a situation. Every single person has to have a health insurance and would get a cancer treatment. You should be glad about Obama Care. Even if you say everyone should have the right to decide, if he/she wants to have a health insurance - think about the poorest in the society. They don´t have a choice and only can afford a health insurance when it is mandatory and supported by the whole society...

kubus

I hope there will be enough support to finance David´s treatment.

But I think it is a real shame, that you have to do such a campaign to get propper health care in one of the richest countries in the world.

In Europe (or at least in Germany) it would be unbelievable to be in such a situation. Every single person has to have a health insurance and would get a cancer treatment. You should be glad about Obama Care. Even if you say everyone should have the right to decide, if he/she wants to have a health insurance - think about the poorest in the society. They don´t have a choice and only can afford a health insurance when it is mandatory and supported by the whole society...
You make some good points (I live in the netherlands and I am so grateful to have health insurance) but I think this discussion would best be left to the Offtopic forum :).

(I don't know if you wanted to start a discussion or make a statement for discussion, but I just wanted to point that out before this thread is heavily derailed)

Blinck

Ahhhh I'm so sorry for disappearing for almost two days. Something came up and I'm without a computer this weekend so it's hard for me to catch up :(. Thank you to those GAFfers who kept this bumped :). And godofnerdiness, that giveaway is truly awesome! :D

Ahh yeah I think you need to fill that form out. I think the website thinks that you're actually buying a product, so it wants you to fill in a shipping address. You can probably fill in nonsense there if you want to. Once you filled out that sheet, you will be directed to the paypal checkout page, iirc. Thank you for donating :)

Ah, thanks! Done :)

I wish David the very best, get better soon !!!

kubus

Someone outside of GAF suggested that we coordinate a day where we all use social media in an effort to spread the word. Primarily asking people in the industry and such to share it around(I have a list of people who already retweeted me). Could possibly attract more attention.

Thoughts?
This seems like a really good idea. We should prepare with pre-made tweets, statuses, etc, that we can put into the OP so everyone can use those.

I am currently cooking something up with someone at the moment which can really make a big difference, but until we finalized things I can't really say anything about it. I'll hopefully hear more soon and then I can reveal the plan. We can then simultaneously launch that "project" alongside the social media barrage plan that Godofnerdiness came up with :). It'll make a strong combination that will reach many people for sure.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Top Bottom