• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Save A Life: Naughty Dog fan leather smith fighting cancer (Last stretch ~1.1k left!)

Mung

Donated. I wish David all the best.

As someone who works in cancer research, the fact that David getting treatment is even an issue is something that brings great shame on the US and those who are against any changes to the healthcare system. Over here, this man would have got treatment regardless of his economic situation. What a disgrace.

Glad things are looking up.

I ordered a few items a couple of months ago, and they've not appeared yet. I've sent an email but had no reply, don't want to hassle anyone I'm sure they've enough going on. Hopefully they'll get here soon, I'm in the UK so that can delay things....

kubus

Glad things are looking up.

I ordered a few items a couple of months ago, and they've not appeared yet. I've sent an email but had no reply, don't want to hassle anyone I'm sure they've enough going on. Hopefully they'll get here soon, I'm in the UK so that can delay things....
The shipping date is January 29th for all orders so that would explain why you haven't received it yet ;)

kubus

Update from Jackson, who runs the campaign for David!

- If you have any questions regarding an order you placed, you can email him directly at jacksonjtay[at]gmail.com.

- He's trying to push out an update regarding the orders.

- There will also be pictures of David and his family soon as a thank you message to everyone

That doesn't mean we aren't out of the woods yet though, we're still 6k short of reaching the goal. Hope we will make it in time! :(

FYC

Banned
Welp, I can't get my gift credit card to work.

Shit.

I'm gonna ask a few people who stream / make videos to spread the word. I know a few who would probably even put a link to the donation page on their stream. That'd be rad.

kubus

Welp, I can't get my gift credit card to work.

Shit.

I'm gonna ask a few people who stream / make videos to spread the word. I know a few who would probably even put a link to the donation page on their stream. That'd be rad.
That would be all kinds of awesome!

Would buy that belt buckle the moment it becomes available. Damn that thing is awesome! Great cause, great stuff, doesn't get any better than that. Best of luck.

FYC

Banned
I've gotten into streaming as a fun little hobby lately, added a blurb about David in the panels below the stream window. Hopefully it catches some attention.

Thanks to SlasherJPC for giving another shoutout.

FYC

Banned
Don't think this was posted

Fundraiser Rewards: I will be posting an update soon for those of you that ordered one or more of our products as your donation towards our fundraiser.

This update will contain shipping info and also info on what else we've been working on.

The update will be posted not only here but also on our website as well as Facebook and Twitter.

We thank you again for your help!

Jackson

kubus

A more extensive update was posted on David's facebook page. Quite heartwarming!

Op1HAEC.jpg

Since last October when we first announced that David's cancer had returned, that's when things got out of control..

All of my spare time was spent helping David not only with his shop but also helping him with whatever he needed. Most times it involved me driving back and forth from LA to SF daily.

Everything began to pile up and it got really overwhelming having to deal with so much. I just want to let everyone know that I apologize if any of you felt neglected. I took this position to help David in his time of need and I wasn't able to fully focus on everything I was suppose to.

As of right now that changes. Starting now we are officially back to work full time!

With David now getting the help he needs with his treatments, A few volunteers, myself and with some advice from a few of you, we were able to take our time and come up with a plan to get this shop back in shape.

One of our biggest problems is communication. Now that we have time to stay focused on making this store the best that it can be, we were able to work out a plan so we can keep in contact with every single one of you without issues.

Whether it's just answering simple questions or working on a current order that still needs to be fulfilled, we will get back to you a lot faster now with these new improvements.

To make it easier to reach us about an order you can now email us at: Orders@ThatVigilante.com
Please leave your order number and the name on the order in the subject line. For those of you that tried to contact us today, please use this email from now on.

For general information regarding our products or anything else you can still reach us
at: info@ThatVigilante.com

Right now all sales have stopped so we can catch up with past orders that still need to be fulfilled.

Those of you that have requested a refund please contact me using our new contact info above and I will send you your confirmation.

Regarding those orders that still need to be sent out, I will be contacting you with your shipping info directly or you can contact me requesting the info and I will send you the full details.

We are finally getting back on track and will be sending out all of our orders including our Fundraiser Rewards!

As for our shop, we are giving it a complete makeover! Not only will our website be updated but also all of our other sites as well. Expect to see some changes starting early next month on our Instagram, YouTube Channel, Tumblr and any other places we're signed up with.

We will posting videos of future and also current designs.

For those of you that have or are going to receive your orders we encourage you to make a video review or share photos with everyone showing what you think of our work.

For legal reasons we are still not allowed to advertise our work as what inspired each product design but you can feel free to discuss anything and everything you want without any worries.

Our Facebook page is also open for any questions or comments you might have so feel free to post on our wall or send us a message.

From now on we are going to give you full details about everything that's going on with our shop. No longer will you feel isolated or confused. We understand that can be frustrating and we're doing everything possible to resolve our past issues.

I will be posting another update this weekend letting everyone know how things are going and also I'll be sharing something David wanted you all to see. He's been working on an art project while he's been recovering and would love your feedback.

I'm going to end this update with something that really makes me happy and something I'm sure David would want you to see.

This photo is of David and his Grandmother a day after he was released from the hospital and before he left to start his treatments.

That smile, that picture, and that moment was made possible because of all your help. You helped him fight. Never forget that.

Jackson

Kard8p3

kubus, not sure if this is the right place to post it; but I seem to have made a typo when I entered my shipping address, would you happen to know who I have to contact to fix this?

edit: In contact with someone, thanks though!

nampad

Thanks for posting that update kubus. I was wondering why I haven't received any shipping details. Will wait some more time now before I bug them with my questions regarding my order, guess they are busy enough.

kubus

Don't cheer just yet everyone, things are looking grim if that remaining 6k isn't raised somehow... and soon :/

On the upside, I was told that a lot of orders have shipped by now! Some of you should have gotten a shipping notification.

I was asked by Jackson to ask everyone here if you could send an email to orders@ThatVigilante.com to let them know if you have received a message or not. So if you got a shipping notification of some sorts, please say so in the email, and if you haven't gotten anything yet, please also send an e-mail! He's trying to sort out all the orders and this would help tremendously.

Also, if you received your item(s), please post pictures of it here! :D

Don't cheer just yet everyone, things are looking grim if that remaining 6k isn't raised somehow... and soon :/
On the upside, I was told that a lot of orders have shipped by now! Some of you should have gotten a shipping notification.

I was asked by Jackson to ask everyone here if you could send an email to orders@ThatVigilante.com to let them know if you have received a message or not. So if you got a shipping notification of some sorts, please say so in the email, and if you haven't gotten anything yet, please also send an e-mail! He's trying to sort out all the orders and this would help tremendously.

Also, if you received your item(s), please post pictures of it here! :D

Not good to hear.

Just sent an email regarding shipping details as I've not received anything relating to it yet.

Edit - Wow quick response from Michelle who will look in to it for me

D-X

The bumped worked. I just saw this and donated. Hope someone else sees this bump and it continues

Cmagus

Good to see he is doing well. Honestly for my donation I don't really care if they ship my stuff as I didn't really want anything for my donation I just had no option when doing it through GoFundMe.

majik13

good luck to him.

though it would be much cheaper, safer, and quicker if he just took cannabis oil to cure his cancer I would think. Would be nice if it were more readily avaliable. But would be worth obtaining it if it would save your life.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So is this site like Kickstarter? Where if you don't hit the goal you don't get the money?

edit: is there a timer on the site for how much longer is left to raise funds? I don't think I'm seeing it.

kubus

So is this site like Kickstarter? Where if you don't hit the goal you don't get the money?

edit: is there a timer on the site for how much longer is left to raise funds? I don't think I'm seeing it.
No, unlike Kickstarter, all donations are final and the goal doesn't have to be reached. All of the raised money will still go to David, even if we don't make it to the 46k.

I think they also disabled the timer, because it's become sort of an ongoing thing with no hard deadline. The campaign has been running for about 2 months now I think. With the most recent update though, they said that it's important to reach the goal within a week from now to make sure David's final bills are paid :(. So there sortof is a deadline now... Just no counter.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
No, unlike Kickstarter, all donations are final and the goal doesn't have to be reached. All of the raised money will still go to David, even if we don't make it to the 46k.

I think they also disabled the timer, because it's become sort of an ongoing thing with no hard deadline. The campaign has been running for about 2 months now I think. With the most recent update though, they said that it's important to reach the goal within a week from now to make sure David's final bills are paid :(. So there sortof is a deadline now... Just no counter.

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. Glad he's getting the money no matter what happens.

edit: wow someone donated a thousand! Awesome.

FYC

Banned
Holy shit blizzards, someone donated $1000.

Whoever did is awesome. Thank you so goddamn much.

I think I'll use Twitter again to help rasie the remaining funds.

FYC

Banned
Has this been sent to anyone like yosp or anyone else at Sony?

I think I tweeted yosp and Boyes a while back, didn't get a RT or response. I'll certainly try again. It would help if we got lots of people using social media to raise awareness. We're so close!

Top Bottom