• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame 4 revealed

wsippel

Banned
Developed by Tecmo and Grasshopper, produced and published by Nintendo:

7.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

icecream said:
The title is 'Rei ~Tsukihami no Kame~' or I suppose Fatal Frame: The Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. The key theme of the game is 'memories.' The pictures are from a 2 minute trailer that was shown.

Also, Keisuke Kikuchi returns as the producer, with Shibata Makoto as the director. Suda51 will also have directorial involvement as well. Summer 2008 release.

Mar

Oh awesome. I only just recently bought the first game to play on my 360. I still haven't played it though and yet to play any of the games in this series. Looking forward to hearing more about number 4 though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nintendo? Right. Fatal Frame would do so much better on PS3/360.

Lobster

Banned
OMFG YES!

BTW, Fatal Frame 4 was revealed ages ago for Wii.

Seiken said:
Nintendo? Right. Fatal Frame would do so much better on PS3/360.

Please, tell us why it would've done so much better on PS3/360. Please.

Alex

Yeah! I love Silent Hill, I love RE, I love System Shock, but if you want fucking scary, nothing beats Fatal Frame.... Well at least where I left off... Hopefully the quality was maintained.

Viewt

Awesome. With Nintendo publishing, Grasshopper finally has the chance to become a commercial darling.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm pretty sure that's CG. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Another Fatal Frame? Awesome.

Hopefully it puts to good use, the Wii controller. The series IMO needed a fresh direction after 2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mr. Pointy said:
Cry moar.

Anyway is that all CG?
Cry moar, wow. I don't think it's CG, probably pre-rendered backgrounds.

fresquito

Defuser said:
Because Wii fanboys don't do the same thing at all AMIRITE?
Like I care who does this, it should be bannable anyway. Saying "I wish this appeared on x console =/= this would be better on x console".

icecream

Public Health Threat
The title is 'Zero ~Tsukihami no Kamen~' or I suppose Fatal Frame: The Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. The key theme of the game is 'memories.' The pictures are from a 2 minute trailer that was shown.

Also, Keisuke Kikuchi returns as the producer, with Shibata Makoto as the director. Suda51 will also have directorial involvement as well. Summer 2008 release.

Soule

is that cg? in game prerendered shots? do we know much about this game?

anyway, i've only played one fatal frame game before which my brother's girlfriend owned so i didn't get to play it too much but it seemed intriguing, wasn't completely drawn in or anything. At this point i'm quite curious about Fatal Frame 4, I'll wait to hear more, hope it turns out good :)

RJT

Mr. Pointy said:
Anyway is that all CG?
Probably.

Metroid Prime 3 and RE4 look great during gameplay but look terrible during cutscenes. These two games would benefit a lot from CG cutscenes.

Fucking great, even though it had been somewhat confirmed before. The “published by Nintendo” part is quite interesting – hopefully this is a continuation of the outreach to Japanese devs that seemed to start with MH3 last year. Very welcome news.

Yoshichan

fresquito said:
Like I care who does this, it should be bannable anyway. Saying "I wish this appeared on x console =/= this would be better on x console".
Why? Oh well, let's drop it.

Lobster said:
Please, tell us why it would've done so much better on PS3/360. Please.
Stop feeding trolls you retard. You just set yourself up for it in every thread you post in.

At least it's 16:9.Looks cg to me.

Seiken said:
Cry moar, wow. I don't think it's CG, probably pre-rendered backgrounds.
Yes, cry moar. The backgrounds are probably pre-rendered, but the character model is insanely smooth. She's got a doll-like, late-90s CG model look to her. Not a polygon or angle in sight. That's pretty impressive if the Wii can put that out. But that's why i'm thinking it's all CG.

Dascu

icecream said:
The title is 'Rei ~Tsukihami no Kame~' or I suppose Fatal Frame: The Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. The key theme of the game is 'memories.' The pictures are from a 2 minute trailer that was shown.

Nice. This could be one hell of a horror game.

fresquito

icecream said:

This would mean Nintendo is funding the project with some input power here and there I guess.

Terrell

TreasureHunterG said:
Grasshopper is working too close with Nintendo lately. I sense a future purchase.
I could endorse this... if doing so didn't cause some sort of logic error in my head.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Spider_Jerusalem said:
It could go multiplatform, but leaving the PS at all? Crazy.
One and two were multiplatform. But since Nintendo is publishing this, it's probably going to stay on the Wii.

Someone hurry up and release the trailer!

Lee N

Membre
icecream said:
The title is 'Rei ~Tsukihami no Kame~'
it's quite obviously 'Zero ~Tsukihami no Kamen~' - especially considering that's what the furigana says.

one of the readings for 零 is, indeed, ぜろ

Produced and published by Nintendo wow, looks like 3rd parties still have an inferiority complex on Wii. Also seems to be Nintendo way to make friends with them.

Top Bottom