• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising PC release date Jan 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I got my code from amazon us today, I wonder how this will play out on my euro account with all this region locked talk everywhere

Edit: just saw post from konami above, yeay!

EDIT : you edited out that last comment about worldwide availability so my comment doesn't make sense now

Sorry. There are... reasons... I had to edit. It really isn't anyone but our own fault (Steam has been an excellent partner about the whole thing), but we're trying to correct it.

I'm bugging you again to ask about Steam cards. :p

And I will continue to send these comments to our handlers across the Pacific. I'd love to see some Rising cards!

BY2K

Membero Americo
God damn it, I come back home and I see the button of the game saying PLAY.

I click on it and it goes back to pre-load.

:(

Spaghetti

are we still in a position where mgsv on pc lives and dies by how well rising does?

not that we really have anything to worry about for rising's sales performance, selling consistently well through the sale and now resting in the upper end of the top 10 sellers on steam is pretty indicative that it's doing great

i just feel that it'll cement plans for rising 2 on pc... just that nobody senior at konami will twig the idea that mgsv could do well on pc too

Peff

And I will continue to send these comments to our handlers across the Pacific. I'd love to see some Rising cards!

Yes please. A senator Armstrong background would be lovely.

EDIT: I wouldn't worry about it. The thing is, they have to sell the 30/40$ demo :p That'll be a late release, but hopefully TPP will be simultaneous.

are we still in a position where mgsv on pc lives and dies by how well rising does?

It never is a "If X happens, Y will happen, too" sort of absolute situation for companies, everything comes down to an enormous amount of conditionals based on the corporate structure, etc. But Rising selling really, really well is a great thing to have in our pockets when we pitch for future PC releases. Hypothetically, Rising selling poorly would not be a nail in the coffin, but would make the process potentially more difficult in the future.

Peff

Any clue as to which of the two extremes it's closer to right now? I suppose your lips are sealed, but the best-selling chart sure makes it look positive.

Gbraga

It never is a "If X happens, Y will happen, too" sort of absolute situation for companies, everything comes down to an enormous conditionals based on the corporate structure, etc. But Rising selling really, really well is a great thing to have in our pockets when we pitch for future PC releases. Hypothetically, Rising selling poorly would not be a nail in the coffin, but would make the process potentially more difficult in the future.

So it's like, if Rising doesn't sell well you have to convince them of why MGSV could still sell even though Rising didn't, but if it does you can say "SHIT, LOOK AT RISING"?

Let's hope it sells well then! Do you guys already have the preorder numbers? If so, are they looking good?

Any clue as to which of the two extremes it's closer to right now? I suppose your lips are sealed, but the best-selling chart sure makes it look positive.

Not yet. We'll see. But we would like to thank everyone so far who has helped put us near (and sometimes at) the top of the Steam charts.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Giving away three copies of my favorite game last year in the Steam thread and everyone is welcome to join! :>
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96118969&postcount=4496

ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metal Gear Rising #3 -- MB-044FDE43F70CC44B
Metal Gear Rising #2 -- MB-73A276CBC1DD6672
Metal Gear Rising -- MB-D38F7E0AA64D0699

t1389137096z1.png

z1ggy

It never is a "If X happens, Y will happen, too" sort of absolute situation for companies, everything comes down to an enormous amount of conditionals based on the corporate structure, etc. But Rising selling really, really well is a great thing to have in our pockets when we pitch for future PC releases. Hypothetically, Rising selling poorly would not be a nail in the coffin, but would make the process potentially more difficult in the future.

The PC market has been growing steady in the last years. Getting good ports (good optimization + lot of options graphically wise), it´s always welcome for the PC gamming community and we show it.

SEGA is a good example (except for ROME II) of doing the right thing.

Xyber

Did they change something with the pre-load? Saw earlier in the thread that people couldn't install to something else than C but I had the option to change my install drive.

And I embrace these download sizes if it means less shitty looking cut scenes (that's the reason to why it's so big right?).

nG03y3o.png

Spaghetti

so you're telling me there's a chance

Rnr1224

i preordered the game on amazon, but now when i try to get the code to redeem it by downloading the amazon downloader, it says that my download token expired. anyone have this issue or know how to resolve it?

Iorv3th

i preordered the game on amazon, but now when i try to get the code to redeem it by downloading the amazon downloader, it says that my download token expired. anyone have this issue or know how to resolve it?

Just go to your digital library on the amazon page and it will give you the key there. You don't need to use the amazon downloader.

Xyber

Just go to your game library ("Your Account" drop down menu and then almost at the bottom of the list) on the site and you can get the key there.

Peff

My account-> My game library or something like that, all your steam keys are there.

Also, speaking of pitching, it this does turn out to be a success, could it be possible to look into getting the PC ports of SH2/3/4 on Steam? I think there was an attempt to get that around the time the last one was released, but nothing came out of it.

jediyoshi

And I embrace these download sizes if it means less shitty looking cut scenes (that's the reason to why it's so big right?).

nG03y3o.png

Unless they rerendered everything with better compression, it should be neigh identical to the PS3's cutscenes.

Rnr1224

Just got off the phone with amazon support and apparently the order wasnt being sent through and they it had been pending for almost 2 weeks. Got the preload up now but thanks for all the help!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
That changes the button prompts?

No. but I think mods/community can/migh make PlayStation button prompts for people playing with Xinput wrapper (like in Saints Row/Dark Souls). you want get PlayStation button prompts natively by the devs (almost no game do it) so use DS4 and wait for pc modders to do their thing.

Kade

Would be really awesome if more controller enabled games had the option to change the button prompts the way Final Fantasy XIV does. Developers of games with PS3/PS4 versions should just include the files with the PC version.

Spaghetti

There's always a chance. As long as you guys do what you do (please continue to comment on threads, on our social media platforms, mail us postcards or however you can contact us), and we do what we do (reports, reports and more reports), there's always a chance.
i mean, i'm more than happy to keep talking about it in a way that prevents me getting banned for port begging, but there's only so many times you can hear "no comment" or "no news right now" before people lose interest in asking about it, y'know?

outside of kojima's "maybe" last june, it's starting to get to the point where it's shit or get off the pot

not that even in my wildest expectations we'll hear anything before the console launch, but an ambiguous tease would not go unnoticed

Sothpaw

Bought just because I gave played every MGS game and they have all been enjoyable. I know this is totally different but fuck it.

ToraShiro,

Did you guys ever test the game to see if 3D vision is working? I have an entire community of 3D gamers over on the Nvidia boards that are dying to see this game in 3D (including myself). It would make the ultimate ninja game on the PC!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I will be at work when that giveaway ends, so if I win and seem like an ungrateful silent person, that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom