• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising PC release date Jan 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frologic

This was my reaction. I think MGR was the first 20GB+ game I've ever installed on steam and it took FOREVER. I definitely don't want to get used to this unless there is a massive increase in d/u speeds in general for US citizens.

My HDD space is low. I'm about to uninstall my 40gig The Secret World to make room for this game.

Is it just me being thick, or is this still not showing in some areas? In Ireland here, and theres nothing on steam, and searching for metal gear just brings up the fucking rock smith page

Hasney

Yeah likewise.

Which is a bit of a shock not being dicked over until Friday like every other UK release.

You do get the rare games that unlock at midnight your timezone on a simultaneous worldwide release too. Watching Americans spam my messenger because I was playing Skyrim from the UK midnight was quite fun.

Looks like it'll be Saturday the 11th at 5-6AM in Australia, though the Steam page says "Available 10 January 2014." I feel like Steam gets nearly every Australian release timer wrong.

Dr Dogg

You do get the rare games that unlock at midnight your timezone on a simultaneous worldwide release too. Watching Americans spam my messenger because I was playing from the UK midnight was quite fun.

Hahahaha. We must celebrate these rare occasions of digital oceans swing in our favour.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like it'll be Saturday the 11th at 5-6AM in Australia, though the Steam page says "Available 10 January 2014." I feel like Steam gets nearly every Australian release timer wrong.

The game unlocks in a little over a day, not two.

derFeef

You do get the rare games that unlock at midnight your timezone on a simultaneous worldwide release too. Watching Americans spam my messenger because I was playing Skyrim from the UK midnight was quite fun.

Hah, had the same experience with Alan Wake on the 360 back then, which released at a Tuesday in EU and Friday in USA.

red731

cant-wait.gif

PC is knife. MGSR is butter.

Thread title is wrong! I've been preparing all week for the game to be available to me when I wake up tomorrow morning but steam says 10th of Jan now and I'm in AUS so it might not be until Saturday. I don't want to wait two more freakin days!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thread title is wrong! I've been preparing all week for the game to be available to me when I wake up tomorrow morning but steam says 10th of Jan now and I'm in AUS so it might not be until Saturday. I don't want to wait two more freakin days!

It unlocks in 26.5 hours for everybody: 9th in the US, early on the 10th for us.

It's the PS3's FMVs, nothing more, nothing less.

Real talk though, it would be nice if Platinum could throw in some higher res textures. Maybe down the line as a downloadable extra, like Skyrim and Sleeping Dogs. But I'm guessing they probably don't have the time or higher quality assets laying around.

jett

D-Member
I can't believe they haven't even released a single screenshot. You guys are buying this port entirely on faith. And faith on who, I wonder, since I doubt PG handled this port themselves.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I can't believe they haven't even released a single screenshot. You guys are buying this port entirely on faith. And faith on who, I wonder, since I doubt PG handled this port themselves.

A PG and Konami guy on GAF told us explicitly that Platinum worked on the port.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I'm pretty worried by the lack of PC build shots but I am a fool for MGS and you know what they say about a fool and his money.

The port IS handled by Platinum themselves. Both JP Kellams and the Konami dude said it.

I find the lack of PC screenshots strange too.

Kadin

Just in case people are still looking for a deal on this, it's $19.19 on Gamefly after using discount code GFDJAN20, at least here in the US.

I can't even look at the steam store page for it why is that? I'm in Ireland, am I missing something?

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

But yet I've seen people say they have it pre-loaded already?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I can't even look at the steam store page for it why is that? I'm in Ireland

But yet I've seen people say they have it pre-loaded already?

Ireland was accidentally added to the regions that couldn't see/purchase the game. It was supposedly taken care of yesterday but yourself and a friend of mine from the isle say the page is still not visible.

Ireland was accidentally added to the regions that couldn't see/purchase the game. It was supposedly taken care of yesterday but yourself and a friend of mine from the isle say the page is still not visible.

Yeah I just searched and it's fucking Ireland alone that this happened to? lol god dammit

But yeah still not fixed. I can't even see it on any other game based sites that sell it either

Parsnip

Yeah I just searched and it's fucking Ireland alone that this happened to? lol god dammit

But yeah still not fixed. I can't even see it on any other game based sites that sell it either

Strange. I mean, they definitely changed that stuff yesterday according to steamdb, so I wonder what's up with that.

Sentenza

It's the PS3's FMVs, nothing more, nothing less.
Oh well, disappointing.
I know a lot of people of GAF seem to care a lot about FMV compression and complain when it's too bad, but it's really a part of gaming I couldn't give less of a damn about, so to me these are 20 GB absolutely wasted, like for Max Payne 3.

Gvaz

Banned
Personally, the only one that irks me is full longplays devoid of commentary or added additional content. At least be creative!

Sometimes I just want to watch the game being played without actually playing it. There are too many boring people who need to shush, and too many people who sound like they're 12 or wheezing every five seconds.

The best Lets Plays I've seen was the ones of the Metal Gear series by some popular somethingawful goons.

Dahbomb

Game looks and plays fine though. Not top tier port like DmC but still good enough.

JLeack

Banned
I just installed the game. For some reason my PS4 controller isn't working in the game at all. I even tested it in some other games and checked the controller settings for my PC.

BONKERS

The game only supports a max of 1080p.
And every resolution seems to be scaled by the game to your display resolution if your display resolution isn't supported.

Resolutions only showed on my PC, 800x600,1024x768,1280x720 and 1920x1080.
(My monitor is 1600x900) (This actually poses the question, If I play the game on a 1366x768 TV, would it even support it?)

Which causes problems for forcing AA. In game has up to 8xMSAA. So you'd think forcing SGSSAA be a no brainer. Nope.

Because of what seems to be the scaling forcing AA either doesn't work at all. Or it works, but the entire screen flickers batshit crazy. (Using flag 0x084012C1)
Or Just get a complete black screen, but all the UI elements work fine at 1080p (While at 720p AA simply isn't applied) with 0x080010C1
http://i7.minus.com/irJ55Vx99AV66.png
Screen

Here's a shot of 8xSGSSAA (When the screen flickers if you take a lot of screenshots you'll get a few where you have a normal frame)
http://i5.minus.com/iv2ZHreBcIzQh.png

Enhanced SGSSAA works pretty well , but it is blurrier and it seems to miss certain edges (Like in VR Missions the talking head of a character in the box Edit: after double checking forced SGSSAA does the same. I think that's just because of the scanlines in VR mode)
http://i.minus.com/iV1Ws10jYFBc3.png
http://i.minus.com/itnIDR66DrGgV.png

Strangely I also just discovered, if you force SGSSAA and then go in the options and enable in game MSAA and then switch it back off. The image won't flicker anymore

0x084012C1 8xSGSSAA
http://i.minus.com/iDNTgNBxVgg47.png
http://i.minus.com/iCBp7tlwazQuG.png
http://i.minus.com/iQcPKCdRJoeWx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom