• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa's Fishy Tales of the Nekomata DLC is out in North America

joe2187

Banned
WARNING: I own the retail version of Muramsas Rebirth.

There may be an issue with this DLC and patch. I downloaded the DLC and the patch and I get an C1-2760-5 error on launch of the game now.

SCE_ERROR_ERRNO_EMFILE

does that mean it erased my cartridge?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, that was a surprising release. Though considering I sold my copy about 1/2 a year ago (it took me a month to remember "OH YEAH, DLC was suppose to be coming"), I'll wait until the game's on sale & the rest of the DLC is out and/or there's a bundle with all the characters.

Also, for those that care, it seems there's 6 trophies (3 bronze, 2 silver, 1 gold) included. Any word on how long it takes to complete this? For $5, seems like a decent deal if it takes a while to beat.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
In regards to the DLC, make sure to update the game first with the patch and then the DLC.

I believe if you install the DLC first and then the patch an issue like above may occur.

JimPanzer

arr I have the US copy of the game, but the PSN account attached to my vita is EU. sucks to buy the game again to play the DLC :(

duckroll

In regards to the DLC, make sure to update the game first with the patch and then the DLC.

I believe if you install the DLC first and then the patch an issue like above may occur.

That sounds like what most people will do though, considering how long it has been since the game originally came out. What are the odds that someone would actually be regularly playing the game and updating the latest patch before going to the store and downloading the DLC which... is probably the reason why they would launch the game again in the first place. :(

Just to confirm, you don't need to have beaten the main game to play these?

I beat the game on Wii and might pick up the Vita version just for these side stories.

joe2187

Banned

Is there any way to fix my issue? when I inserted the cartridge the orange bubble didnt show up until after I loaded up the game. I'm now getting a different error on launch. CO-4706-7

Shinta

Banned
$5, so an additional $20 on top of the retail price to have it all with 4 DLC characters.

Glad I waited to pick up the game. I'll keep waiting until all the DLC is out.

That sounds like what most people will do though, considering how long it has been since the game originally came out. What are the odds that someone would actually be regularly playing the game and updating the latest patch before going to the store and downloading the DLC which... is probably the reason why they would launch the game again in the first place. :(

I have not played muramasa since June, I have easily played 10+ games since that date yet my plus account downloaded the Update last night (have not installed).

I think Vita Plus patches work differently than PS3, as long as the bubble is present and you have plus it should download.

Of course, if you don't have plus...

Briarios

Must buy! I'm working now on finishing up the last of the content of the main game (final caves of evil & last endings) - ready to pounce on the DLC!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Is there any way to fix my issue? when I inserted the cartridge the orange bubble didnt show up until after I loaded up the game. I'm now getting a different error on launch. CO-4706-7

I would use content manager to see if you can still back up your save data and back that up. (there's an option that allows you to back up the save data only)

Then attempt to delete/re-install the game, then install the patch, and then the DLC. I believe that should fix the problem.

As far as I know, data isn't written to the game card when applying the patch/DLC, those should both be on the VITA itself.

joe2187

Banned
My issue has been fixed.

Contacted sony support and they suggested I reformat the system, which was quick and painless besides doing the initial Vita system startup all over again. But everything works fine now.

I was very worried I wouldnt be able to my play my 2013 GOTY.

kq0zRMJ.jpg

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
My issue has been fixed.

Contacted sony support and they suggested I reformat the system, which was quick and painless besides doing the initial Vita system startup all over again. But everything works fine now.

I was very worried I wouldnt be able to my play my 2013 GOTY.

I'm happy to hear that it's all resolved :)

I hope you have fun playing with Okoi ;)!

MrBS

Out of practice with Muramasa. Revengeance parry system doesn't work here :p My second attempt of the first battle I was able to get past it.

SonicTHP

Neo Member
Just started playing Muramasa again over the winter break. Surprise DLC release makes me quite happy.

Muramasa is an amazing game. I bought it on Wii and Vita and will happily pay for the DLC episodes because I've already had so much fun with it. Can't wait to play the other 3(?) episodes.

Amir0x

Banned
I didn't know this game was ever getting DLC, this is amazing. I hope it's worth it since I rarely buy DLC, but I do love my Muramasa and it's been ages since I played any new content within that title. So a little treat...

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Just to let our European fans know, the Euro version of Fishy Tales of the Nekomata will be released next Wed, 1/22 :)

TnK

Is this game out in Europe along with the DLC? I kind of regret, and not regret buying the LE for Muramasa from AKSYS.

EDIT: Apparently from two posts above mine, there is a European release of this game.

BakaJaNai

Banned
Quick question - i have US Muramasa cartridge but play it on Vita tied to EU account.
Will EU DLCs be compatible with my game, or only way will be to play in Vita with US account ? (This would suck balls, cause game progress would be split).

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Cool! How long is this DLC? And any info for the rest?

You mileage may vary, but it has its own story mode for the new character Okoi, which contains 3 new bosses, and 6 new trophies.

Also,
just like the main game, the DLC has 2 endings, one when you beat the DLC scenario and one after you beat all of Kisuke/Momohime's bosses with Okoi and then equipping the item you receive from doing so and fighting the last boss of the DLC again to unlock the 2nd ending.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Quick question - i have US Muramasa cartridge but play it on Vita tied to EU account.
Will EU DLCs be compatible with my game, or only way will be to play in Vita with US account ? (This would suck balls, cause game progress would be split).

Unfortunately the DLCs are tied to their product codes so the Euro DLC is only compatible with the Euro version of the game and the US DLC is only compatible with the US version of the game.

Though just to let everyone know, Muramasa Rebirth is currently on sale on the Euro PSN store for 50% off for normal users and 60% off for PS PLUS users until 1/22 :)

BakaJaNai

Banned
Unfortunately the DLCs are tied to their product codes so the Euro DLC is only compatible with the Euro version of the game and the US DLC is only compatible with the US version of the game.

Though just to let everyone know, Muramasa Rebirth is currently on sale on the Euro PSN store for 50% off for normal users and 60% off for PS PLUS users until 1/22 :)
I guess saves are also tied to product code and this will not help in my situation even if i decided to double-dip.

Sushigod7

I'm so tempted to get a Vita just to replay this and Dragons Crown on a OLED screen. Muramasa is my favorite game from the Wii only bummer playing on Vita is no nunchuck control which is the way it was meant to be played.

so1337

I guess saves are also tied to product code and this will not help in my situation even if i decided to double-dip.
It's a bit of a hassle but you could set up a US PSN account with a fake address.

I also bought the US version. I might just double dip and get the DLC that way.

edit: It looks like you can play the DLC regardless of your progress in the main game.

jamsy

Think I'm gonna pick this up. Loved Muramasa on Vita.

Gonna need to reinstall though. I also never got all the swords, even though I was planning on doing so. Wasn't there some kind of secret (best?) ending or something if you did that?

Yasumi

Banned
This is pretty awesome so far. The story seems more coherent than the main game. Okoi seems a little slidey compared to Momohime and Kisuke, but the fact that she doesn't feel the same is nice. Looking at the training screen, this seems like it'll be nice and long. $4.99 well spent.

Also, Okoi's eating sounds are pretty lewd. Was not expecting that after Momohime.

Valkyria

Banned
You mileage may vary, but it has its own story mode for the new character Okoi, which contains 3 new bosses, and 6 new trophies.

Also,
just like the main game, the DLC has 2 endings, one when you beat the DLC scenario and one after you beat all of Kisuke/Momohime's bosses with Okoi and then equipping the item you receive from doing so and fighting the last boss of the DLC again to unlock the 2nd ending.

Thanks! I'll wait for EU release.

Top Bottom