• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Invitation for an Xbox One Alpha Trial [Titanfall]

Yea, who cares if a $500, brand new console (not to mention the more expensive and less capable) can barely do resolutions slightly above an 8 year old console!

Seriously, it's a 6 vs.6 source based games. It's not exactly the prettiest. If it can't hit 1080p, I just don't know what to think.

So......I take it you don't have a code?

Correct. First Xbox One footage, and also the first footage of gameplay that wasn't carefully crafted by Respawn. The only gameplay footage that exists of this game is the footage they've shown in their two gameplay trailers.

At all public events where the game was playable they had a strict no video policy. I've searched youtube several times and found nothing. ;)

Well brother, you know we will get that footage very soon. Somebody is going to leak it, they always do.

Same.

Some questions about this game I'd love to have answered.

1) How long does it take to kill a human opponent, pilot vs pilot with a gun? Comparable to COD?

2) How easy are AI soldiers to kill? Same as human pilots in terms of health?

3) How many guns are there, and what styles are on offer? Assault rifles? So sub machine guns even exist? LMG's?

4) Perks? Equipment?

5) Killstreaks? Do they even exist outside of the Titans?

Ughhh... NDA's!

TomShoe

Banned
Did the NDA agreement mention repercussions for breaking it?

Probably a console-ban, maybe some legal action at the worst.

...but we're just sitting here, waiting for someone to leak. We know it's gonna happen. The internet is about as good at keeping secrets as Wikileaks, for that matter.

I actually disconnected my Capture Card from my Xbox One before I started playing the game. I would love to upload footage and get that YouTube publicity, but... Not being that guy who breaks the NDA.

Now... To set my TV to 1080p... Had it down to 720p to play Battlefield 4 and Dead Rising 3 without the sharpening filter.

BF4 doesn't have the sharpening filter. DICE used their own upscale technique.

EL CUCO

...but we're just sitting here, waiting for someone to leak. We know it's gonna happen. The internet is about as good at keeping secrets as Wikileaks, for that matter.

More like a ban from the Alpha, and a permanent black list from future testing.

At WORST an XBL ban.

pass it over here! xD

My friend got a code and doesnt have BF4 nor did he sign up for it.

I'm already in and have been rocking. I don't know what kind of things can be said without breaking NDA's, but what that one dude post about the respawn thread/board/site... yep.. that plus 1000! And I'm a huge COD fan (except ghost killed it.. they really sucked that one up) But I haven't felt like this since COD 4.

Einbroch

Banned
Also just create a fake gmail account, upload a Google doc, and link it to someone and have them spread it around.

NDAs are stupid for games that are out in less than two months.

No chance. This is a third party company. At worst they'll ban you from XBL (for Titanfall) on the account you played the Alpha on. Most likely they just won't invite you to future testing.

JaggedSac

Yeah, I'm certainly hoping something leaks, lol, just curious what Respawn would try to do to them.

Well now we know you sent a PM. Just stick to the NDA guys, it's safer that way.

He was just being an idiot.

Also, why would you care if someone anonymously sent someone impressions? Seriously, it's strange seeing people act like we're dealing with CIA secrets here. lol

statham

Kevin ‏@kev7080 1m
Titanfall is by far one of the best games I've played in a while! It's in beta but yet beats games that cost full price. @DMC_Ryan

Cody Beltz ‏@nuketaco42 2m
O.O That is all. #Titanfall

Nillo ‏@You_Know_Nillo 3m
Playing that titanfall on xbox one! Game is bad ass!! http://instagram.com/p/jSO_gvnEOw/

Chance Glasco ‏@ChanceGlasco 4m
I never thought an alpha would be a system seller for me. Titanfall is amazing. Props to @Respawn #titanfallalpha

Luis Morales ‏@SpeedyBlueDude 5m
After one game of TitanFall... Holy shit. Halo is dead to me. CoD is dead, and Battlefield is also dead to me.

This is fucking incredible.

Ryan Bodayle ‏@ChicoPlaysCOD 8m
I'm playing the Titanfall server test, all I can say is this game is gonna be fucking awesome.

Lord Mikey ‏@crotana 33s
Titanfall might be the greatest video game I've ever played. Wow @Respawn good job guys

Mike Smith ‏@mps927 2m
How does the Titanfall alpha play better than the battlefield 4 retail game? THIS IS JUST AN ALPHA. IT'S AMAZING
some more tweets!

Why did you just declare to the whole world that you sent him a PM?

asianfacepalm.gif

Beant

He was just being an idiot.

Also, why would you care if someone anonymously sent someone impressions? Seriously, it's strange seeing people act like we're dealing with CIA secrets here. lol

My thoughts exactly. Your list of questions is 100% what i wanted to know too.

Top Bottom