• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer played through MGS Ground Zeroes' main mission in [1.5hrs, not rushing]

Come on. You don't intentionally misread that now, don't you? First of all I think there is more than one main mission. And if it is true what they say, then the main mission isn't even 4 hours long, because they also spend some of that time on extra modes.

I believe they played through the ONE main mission that was available in the preview build and that is all there is to it.

You can, easily. Just don't do it. Do they have your family hostage? Is it the terrorist's law?

Well, $40 isn't going to make me go bankrupt and I'm sure that despite the length I'll play it enough to justify the cost. They do have my family hostage though; I'll need to do something about that as well.

I don't think I can justify more then $20 for this ($15 would be a fair price for it I think). Wether this means I'll wait for a price drop or just buy the PS3 version though...

kuppy

Sounds to me like they played through it at night and day mode and tried to do it in different styles.
I'll wait till it's bundled with Phantom Pain or sooner if reviews are super good.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wait this is my first time hearing its 40 dollars, did they give an explanation on why its 40?

Thread title seems incredibly misleading. They said they had a hands-on time of 4 HOURS on the game. Nowhere do they say that the game RUNS for 4 hours.
They said they played through the main story within their four hour hands on time. So it's obviously shorter than that.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So it really is the equivalent of the tanker chapter from MGS2?

Oh my goodness I forgot about that! I loved that thing! Sneaking around the huge group of soldiers while they were all watching a video on the projection screen was so badass.

The_Monk

That's a bit short indeed. I want to play this game but 40€ for 4 hours seems that won't squeeze the money I invested, on the other hand I just played MGS3 HD and I was getting ready for Ground Zeroes.

March is a month filled with many releases and for me, budgeting is key. I'm not sure if I'll have to skip this because the money/length ratio is short. Need to make a wise decision but I really want to play this Day one.

Guess I'm waiting for a price drop then. Thanks for the heads up! Splitting the game in two parts was a bad idea to begin with.

Daemul

This is a prologue you can buy early with the main game shipping presumably 1-2 years later.

Ah ok. That seems like a major rip off though, paying $40 for a prologue and then $60 for the main game later on. A wise man would wait until the main game comes out before getting the prologue, which would be very cheap by then.

Thread title seems incredibly misleading. They said they had a hands-on time of 4 HOURS on the game. Nowhere do they say that the game RUNS for 4 hours.
Seems accurate to me.

"We had four hours of exclusive hands-on time with Ground Zeroes, which we used to play through the main mission and experiment with extra modes."
'Through' means to completion, on top of playing with extra modes.

Dysun

1188.gif

Not a surprise, but disappointed still

Asd202

I really don't understand why some you guys think GZ is a full game, it's a demo. Even Kojima called it a pilot episode.

Goon Boon

Banned
Delay the game however long it takes to include a beta of metal gear online that will last till Phantom Pain's release.

This is just fucking silly.

Asd202 said:
I really don't understand wy you guys think GZ is a full game, it's a demo. Even Kojima called it a pilot episode.

There were some holdouts trying to claim that it could be a decent length game still. I hope their spirits are crushed now enough to eat their pride.

Omikaru

So £10 an hour if you buy physical PS4, and that's not even considering that they played through the main campaign + side-mission stuff in that four hours, so it's likely to be even shorter.

I don't see this backfiring on The Phantom Pain at all. No way.

maxcriden

I'm sure it's not quite the same, but FWIW you can speedrun MGS2 (not skipping much other than some cutscenes) in about 4 hrs 45 mins without much difficulty. I understand they probably weren't speedrunning, though.

Zomba13

I'm still not clear on this. Is this going to be part of MGSV. Like, when The Phantom Pain releases will it include this as the first bit or do you only get to play GZ if you buy it separately?

kmax

Boggles my mind why they're not releasing the whole complete game. This cashgrab move will backfire hard for them.

Dr Dogg

I might get getting a little confused but by saying they had four hours do they mean that was only the time they could spare or they played through it in 4 hours?

I am curious if they are including cut-scenes or if they skipped them because they only had 4 hours. If this is 4 hours with out cutscenes that seems reasonable. MGS 4 was about 4 hours of gameplay.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So is the Phantom Pain going to include the GZ prologue stuff when it gets released?

Do we know?

Again: They played through ONE of the several main missions AND some extra modes within the 4 hours they had.

How can you guys not understand that? lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I am curious if they are including cut-scenes or if they skipped them because they only had 4 hours. If this is 4 hours with out cutscenes that seems reasonable. MGS 4 was about 4 hours of gameplay.

So you think Ground Zeroes being the same size as MGS4 is reasonable?

They didn't skip cutscenes. No way.

Grief.exe

That's a bit short indeed. I want to play this game but 40€ for 4 hours seems that won't squeeze the money I invested, on the other hand I just played MGS3 HD and I was getting ready for Ground Zeroes.

March is a month filled with many releases and for me, budgeting is key. I'm not sure if I'll have to skip this because the money/length ratio is short. Need to make a wise decision but I really want to play this Day one.

Wait for the heavily rumored definitive edition of Phantom Pain to land on PC Monk.

So is the Phantom Pain going to include the GZ prologue stuff when it gets released?

Do we know?

Yes.

Kimawolf

Ridiculous. No way id buy that crap. But it will sell millions im sure. And people wonder why they get over charged and nickle and dimed to death. Gamers deserve this ridiculous big budget industry.

Top Bottom