• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Yeah, this game gets easier and easier. It has a reverse difficulty curve, just like Witcher 2. Imo it's the biggest flaw of this game, which I otherwise consider a masterpiece. I started at normal, but at ~ level 20-22, I had turned it up to Death March.

Most every game I've played is like this TBH.

The God

So it seems beating the Baron in Gwent is impossible. Dude has an infinite amount of spy cards.

Edit: defeated him in my attempt right after I posted this lmao

Please no spoilers.

I was just wondering about how far I am into the main story line.

This just happened :
I brought the deformed little guy back to Kaer Morhen because they think he has a curse on him, and he may be Ciri herself. I am level 20

Just wondering on a scale of say 1-100% how far through the main story am I.

I have done tons of side stuff.

Caja 117

Im about to start a playtrough with no minimap on, I'm kind of scared about how big is the world in this game, and how I'm going to be able to do quests, so GAF, what mindset should I come in the game when playing with no Minimap, how do I do about reaching places to complete my quests?

krakov

Im about to start a playtrough with no minimap on, I'm kind of scared about how big is the world in this game, and how I'm going to be able to do quests, so GAF, what mindset should I come in the game when playing with no Minimap, how do I do about reaching places to complete my quests?

Open the actual map very often most probably.

Tactics18

Just finished the game after like 7 months.

I got what I consider to be the best ending all around without reading any guides which is pretty nice.

Getting the season pass now.

If you are playing on a PC, download FriendlyHUD.

If not, playing without a mini-map could be rather difficult. Some quests heavily rely on quest markers so you would have to go to your main menu map. For the most part you can rely on landmarks for orientation though.

Lender

Was in a complete Witcher phase so I decided to play the first and second game. Never played the first game, never finished the second, so I was in for a treat. I enjoyed the first one alot despite it age and stupid combat system. What a difference with the second and third game. Glad that they've decided to overhaul the combat system for the second game. Second one was equally impressive as the first one. Some stuff changed for the better, some for the worse, but all in all I enjoyed the second one a lot, and I'm glad I finally got to finish it.

Now back to the third one for a second playthrough. :)

Please no spoilers.

I was just wondering about how far I am into the main story line.

This just happened :
I brought the deformed little guy back to Kaer Morhen because they think he has a curse on him, and he may be Ciri herself. I am level 20

Just wondering on a scale of say 1-100% how far through the main story am I.

I have done tons of side stuff.

It's hard to put a percentage on it but I can say for sure that you still have a ways to go.

So seeing as i'm devoid of money for some time (so i can't get Hearts of Stone) my activity on the game is discovering every "?" in the world. Only 2 left in Velen/Novigrad...

Skelligeis a different beast, though. All those Smuggler's Cache in the sea...

halp.

Wvrs

Finally finished.

Bought the game on release day back in May, been steadily working my way through whenever I've had time since. Took a long time, but I'm glad I stuck through. It blew me away, never been so invested in a game since I was a teenager.

Had zero experience with this series before the day TW3 released, when I saw the hype on Neogaf, watched a trailer and went for it. Now, 110 hours of gameplay later, and with all the books on my Kindle and waiting to be read, I'm in love.

I'm feeling something that I've never, ever felt after finishing a game before -- a sense of loss, like I've said goodbye to friends for the last time. Get that feeling from books sometimes, but never a game. A testament to the phenomenal world-building and characters.

I've got the books to read (nearly done with Sword of Destiny) and the DLC at least. Should probably check out the first 2 games too.

Please someone tell me there's even a slight possibility that CDPR will make The Witcher 4 one day. I don't want it to be over.

Finally finished.

Bought the game on release day back in May, been steadily working my way through whenever I've had time since. Took a long time, but I'm glad I stuck through. It blew me away, never been so invested in a game since I was a teenager.

Had zero experience with this series before the day TW3 released, when I saw the hype on Neogaf, watched a trailer and went for it. Now, 110 hours of gameplay later, and with all the books on my Kindle and waiting to be read, I'm in love.

I'm feeling something that I've never, ever felt after finishing a game before -- a sense of loss, like I've said goodbye to friends for the last time. Get that feeling from books sometimes, but never a game. A testament to the phenomenal world-building and characters.

I've got the books to read (nearly done with Sword of Destiny) and the DLC at least. Should probably check out the first 2 games too.

Please someone tell me there's even a slight possibility that CDPR will make The Witcher 4 one day. I don't want it to be over.
They will. Most likely. It just won't star Geralt though.

Are there any missable gwent cards except for dandelion?
Also, I'm trying to complete the collect them all quest.Is there any way to see what cards I'm missing?

Renae

Could anybody help me out, where can I find silk? Feel like I'm been searching for hours and even google won't help me. I must be overlooking something as surely it isn't that hard to find.

How do I fight this werewolf? The one that gaurds the entrance to the tree or whatever, I went and got cursed oil but it regenerates so damn fast its useless.

Weren't werewolves incredibly vulnerable to the Igni sign?

I use igni, but I swear it does next to nothing and the little it does do, he regenerates in about a second.
Thanks @above!
Edit: My limited edition copy of hearts of stone cams too, might have over paid for it ($70 CAD) but gwent is so good I feel it's worth.

Auctopus

On my second play through of the game and got to the moment I was maybe most looking forward to... the Lord of Undvik quest.

Good Lord, if this just isn't one of the most beautifully constructed quests I've ever played. The fact that it all takes place on that one island just makes it feel even more focused and knitted together. The castaway on the ship, the ogres cooking the solider, the mysterious tower, the village by the lake, the mines, the cliffs, the ice giant: It's fucking incredible.

I was looking forward to replaying this moment but it's even better than I remember.

Azzurri

On my second play through of the game and got to the moment I was maybe most looking forward to... the Lord of Undvik quest.

Good Lord, if this just isn't one of the most beautifully constructed quests I've ever played. The fact that it all takes place on that one island just makes it feel even more focused and knitted together. The castaway on the ship, the ogres cooking the solider, the mysterious tower, the village by the lake, the mines, the cliffs, the ice giant: It's fucking incredible.

I was looking forward to replaying this moment but it's even better than I remember.

Yea, that whole skillieg main side quest was very well done.

Could anybody help me out, where can I find silk? Feel like I'm been searching for hours and even google won't help me. I must be overlooking something as surely it isn't that hard to find.

If all else fails, you should be able to make Silk from other items.
2x Linen =1 silk
4x string =1 Linen

Either General stores or Black/armour smiths should sell it though?

Ciri for sure, or at least it should.

I feel like Ciri is a bad choice because she became way too OP towards the end of Witcher 3. Still hoping for a Vesemir prequel myself

I feel like Ciri is a bad choice because she became way too OP towards the end of Witcher 3. Still hoping for a Vesemir prequel myself

I see the argument of Ciri being overpowered at the end of the game time and time again and don't get it. Wasn't Geralt really OP in the third act of TW2 and they had no problem much him down to earth in 3? This is an rpg, progressing the character is the point.

There is so much cool stuff they could do with Ciri, completely different locations, characters, dilemmas, themes... not to mention different gameplay elements and skills. She's exactly what the franchise needs not to feel stale and repetitive (but still recognizable).

If some people simply dislike her, that's okay. But constantly bringing up her being "overpowered" sounds dishonest to me.

And I have nothing against Vesemir. I just think Ciri would be fresher choice for the next protagonist.

Flipyap

Ciri for sure, or at least it should.
Maybe if Wild Hunt didn't have multiple endings, but surprising a large portion of the audience by erasing their version of the story is never a good idea.
Also, the idea of playing
a magical savior, the single most important person in the entire multiverse
doesn't exactly fit The Witcher.

Unless it's a complete reboot. In which case, hell yes.

I see the argument of Ciri being overpowered at the end of the game time and time again and don't get it. Wasn't Geralt really OP in the third act of TW2 and they had no problem much him down to earth in 3? This is an rpg, progressing the character is the point.

There is so much cool stuff they could do with Ciri, completely different locations, characters, dilemmas, themes... not to mention different gameplay elements and skills. She's exactly what the franchise needs not to feel stale and repetitive (but still recognizable).

If some people simply dislike her, that's okay. But constantly bringing up her being "overpowered" sounds dishonest to me.

And I have nothing against Vesemir. I just think Ciri would be fresher choice for the next protagonist.

All that dimension jumping... I want to return to
our own dimension, planet earth
I loved when Ciri told Geralt about it.

All that dimension jumping... I want to return to
our own dimension, planet earth
I loved when Ciri told Geralt about it.
She was there another time in the books, which had an impact on the first game.
When she first was figuring out how to focus her powers she briefly wound up in London during the great plague. She accidentally brought back a flea with her that spread the plague to the Witcher world. In Witcher 1 parts of Vizima were closed off because of it.

Dave_6

Finally started this game on PC yesterday. I really have no experience with these games except I played maybe ~2 hours of the second one a while back and never got back to it :/ Anyways, I'm maybe two hours in and feeling overwhelmed already with so many items, huge inventory management, potions etc. I'm just following the main story so far and I'm to the point where I'm having to fight the Griffin for the first time and it is kicking my ass.

X-Frame

What are some good Fast Attack builds? I'm seeing some random builds from the summer on Google focusing on the Combat tree and Alchemy tree.

I'm only playing on the 2nd of 4 difficulties but may bump it up soon. I find it fun to make sure to study the Beastiary, equip the correct oils and potions and bombs and then hunt someone. I'm not the biggest fan of the Signs though, besides possibly Igni and Quen.

Just started this (wonderful) game, and I'm not very far in. Level 7 and have only done a little bit in Velen. In the span of an hour or so I accepted two quests from people I ran into, and since they were higher recommended level than I currently am, I thought I'd wait for a bit before doing them but just seconds after accepting and checking the quest log it fails instantly. Like not even a minute after talking to the dude, it fails. Since it happened twice in such a short time, I wonder if this is a common occurence and if there's something I can do to prevent it. I have no clue why this happened.

Top Bottom