• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

X-Frame

Son of a bitch that boat fisherman in Oreton has a stacked Gwent deck, I've lost like 8 times to him. Just when I think I may squeeze by with a victory, he pulls some BS with all his hero cards and spy cards, plus every weather card! Damnit, haha.

So, what the verdict? Triss or Yen?
I'm in novigrad and get the impression my next Triss mission may be the point of no return
... I'm leaning towards Yen, but honestly haven't seen much of her so far. (I've yet to go to Skellige)

I'm in novigrad and get the impression my next Triss mission may be the point of no return
... I'm leaning towards Yen, but honestly haven't seen much of her so far. (I've yet to go to Skellige)
The Triss point of no return isn't part of the main quest line, so you can put it off until you go to Skellige.

I find Yen the most interesting character and you'll also be spending the most time with her from Skellige onwards. Yen & Geralt feel like an old married couple, the dynamic between these two is excellent.

Raxus

I picked Yen and both have heartbreaking consequences but I felt Yen fit better with the ending I was going for.

DavidDesu

After rebuilding the database on my PS4 so far no sign of the stuttering issue, so if anyone gets stuttering after a while definitely give it a shot, should only take a few minutes to do.

Is playing on death march glitchy? I was watching a lets play earlier and man, there were so many. Mostly AI related.They were playing on PC. Never encountered any on my normal play through.

Lender

I did it in my second playtrough but didn't notice any huge differences. Sometimes it makes it a little easier as you can avoid conflicts and fights.

I thought it was also usefull when (spoiler concerning triss)
where you confront Menge and Triss could get tortured. I don't know for sure though since I didn't have the Axii sign upgraded then.

Is playing on death march glitchy? I was watching a lets play earlier and man, there were so many. Mostly AI related.They were playing on PC. Never encountered any on my normal play through.

I've had so many glitches on easy, it's unreal. I'm never complaining about a Bethesda game again.

Glitches include:

The mutagen menu on PS4 doesn't work, the cursor is invisible.
Geralt constantly jumping of his own accord.
Getting stuck with a boat around my waist, couldn't move.
Falling in a hole which you can't get out of, had to restart.
Getting stuck on objects, pieces of wood on the ground etc.
Cutscenes of you defeating a monster playing while still fighting that same monster.
Finding an area you're not supposed to be and the game insta-killing you.

I've only just got the game and had all these so far. I put 167 hours into Fallout 4 over Christmas and had a single crash.

X-Frame

So that CGI trailer they released in around May where Geralt hunts the higher Vampire -- is that a Contract or mission in the actual game? Or was that just for a trailer?

Lender

The one where he asks what year it is and then says 'then fuck off'? I've been wondering as well since I haven't come across that quest.

Nordicus

So that CGI trailer they released in around May where Geralt hunts the higher Vampire -- is that a Contract or mission in the actual game? Or was that just for a trailer?

The one where he asks what year it is and then says 'then fuck off'? I've been wondering as well since I haven't come across that quest.
That's a super short "!" type quest in the sewers somewhere in Novigrad. Don't remember exactly where the entrance is, but it's different from the sewers you go into during several other quests.

Sai

That's a super short "!" type quest in the sewers somewhere in Novigrad. Don't remember exactly where the entrance is, but it's different from the sewers you go into during several other quests.
It's near an entrance to the sewers on the southeastern side of Novigrad. It's the same area you end up in if you allow the chase sequence during Zoltan's Gwent card quest to continue until the end.

Higher Vampires aren't as big of a deal as they're made out to be in the lore. :/

Coreda

It's near an entrance to the sewers on the southeastern side of Novigrad. It's the same area you end up in if you allow the chase sequence during Zoltan's Gwent card quest to continue until the end.

I've looked around a couple times in that vicinity and still couldn't find it. Wondering if it's tied to something else that hasn't triggered (possibly the Gwent quest?, haven't completed it yet).

Sai

Maybe. Don't think I completed it in either of my two runs through the game before handling Zoltan's quest.

SkylineRKR

You will see a lot.

Yen is the best choice imo. Much better developed in this game.

Just finished the game (XB1) after owning it since launch, ploughing through the game the past week whilst off work.

What a game.

Not sure how I feel on the ending or the plot as it starts to finish up -
I got the Good ending/Ciri is a Witcher

Debating whether or not to restart it on my PC and get the DLCs as I feel like I've had my fill.

I swear to god, I cannot beat this shitty little halfling in the High Stakes Gwent tournament. Fucker just keeps pulling extra cards out of his ass and getting insanely lucky with them. I had him as good as dead, and the game gives him a Geralt and Ciri card from the same hand.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I thought it was also usefull when (spoiler concerning triss)
where you confront Menge and Triss could get tortured. I don't know for sure though since I didn't have the Axii sign upgraded then.

You would be wrong. It doesn't really change anything for that conflict, aside from getting you some XP for successfully pulling it off.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Just gotta do the super annoying headshot thing and I will have a platinum. Then it is on to finish the DLC.

Devil's Pit for that trophy, NPC's will stop at the gate so you can line up your shots.

That is far and away the worst trophy in this game. Even using the Devils Pit method it will take hours of farming and the worst part is that you will have no way of knowing how close you are. You have no way of knowing truly what counts as a headshot or not and to this day people still dont know!

Its in the running for worst trophy of 2015. Man did I hate doing it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I swear to god, I cannot beat this shitty little halfling in the High Stakes Gwent tournament. Fucker just keeps pulling extra cards out of his ass and getting insanely lucky with them. I had him as good as dead, and the game gives him a Geralt and Ciri card from the same hand.

Have you acquired every other card from the game yet? The tournament is tough, but its very doable once you have all the necessary hero cards.

Have you acquired every other card from the game yet? The tournament is tough, but its very doable once you have all the necessary hero cards.

Only 'big' one I'm still missing is the Geralt card, have the others.

Finally beat him! Was close, though. Won the first round, then ended 57 - 57 on the second, both with no cards left.

Why is there no option to "reset" the tournament (maybe with new characters and without cutscenes/ story)?

1. It's fun as hell
2. You could earn some money
3. You have something to do after beating the game.

X-Frame

Did I screw myself out of the Geralt gwent card?

I have completed the Old Pals quest by beating
Zoltan, Roche, and Lambert, however a lot of guides I'm reading say there is a 4th Thaler (whom I haven't seen yet) to get the Gerald card. After I beat Lambert it completed my Old Pals quest.

Did I screw myself out of the Geralt gwent card?

I have completed the Old Pals quest by beating
Zoltan, Roche, and Lambert, however a lot of guides I'm reading say there is a 4th Thaler (whom I haven't seen yet) to get the Gerald card. After I beat Lambert it completed my Old Pals quest.
Question: when you first met Sigi
Dijkstra, did you break his leg again?

Just started playing through this and I've got a few questions. I'm on PC.

• I've been playing with controller so far, any opinions on K+M vs gamepad?
  • Any essential mods I should get? I've been looking at Friendly UI, not sure if I should grab it.
  • I started the game on the second hardest difficulty, and I almost died on the first ghoul fight (I think I could've taken one more hit before dying). Should I bump the difficulty down, or just leave it be?

Lender

Just started playing through this and I've got a few questions. I'm on PC.

• I've been playing with controller so far, any opinions on K+M vs gamepad?
  • Any essential mods I should get? I've been looking at Friendly UI, not sure if I should grab it.
  • I started the game on the second hardest difficulty, and I almost died on the first ghoul fight (I think I could've taken one more hit before dying). Should I bump the difficulty down, or just leave it be?

I started with Keyboard and mouse, but switched over to my xbox one controller. Much better imo.

THere are some mods out there, but it depends on what you want to get. I'd suggest looking over at nexusmods to look at some popular mods and see what interests you. I love the Darker Nights mod, the 'nodirtylenseffect' mod and the fast travel from anywhere. (although I only used the last one at the end of the game)

I started on the second hardest difficulty as well, and I also had some trouble in the beginning, mainly because you're just underskilled. It will get better after a while when your level gets higher and higher.

Azzurri

Have close to 20hrs in the game and it's beautiful. It helps playing it on a 21:9 1440p G-sync monitor with 980's in SLI at ultra, along with a decent amount of mods.

I usually don't play open world single player games, but the this game is so good, and I actually care about the characters in the game which I usually don't. I really like playing as Ciri, she's just so swift and sassy, a really great designed character.

I'm pretty high level like 21 for where I'm at (triss quest, I literally did ?'s and hunts before I even did main quest line), but I did use the double xp mod for the hell of it. So I'm pretty overleveld for most quests, but I don't really care, I play for the story, so if the game is too easy I'll bump the difficulty.

Should I just do Main story quest for the time being to slow it down, I don't want to miss main story quest because my level is to high?

I just started playing this game but I find myself going into the World Map a lot to create my pin point to direct to me to a place of interest, the icons with a question mark. Is this how everyone else plays this game? Is there a better way of doing this? It seems like it would get repetitive after awhile.

methane47

I just started playing this game but I find myself going into the World Map a lot to create my pin point to direct to me to a place of interest, the icons with a question mark. Is this how everyone else plays this game? Is there a better way of doing this? It seems like it would get repetitive after awhile.

Witcher is a game desperately in need of second screen support on the phone.
The map is too big, and the loading times take too long.

I think the experience would be 5 times better if they allowed all the menus to be handled on a second screen.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Witcher is a game desperately in need of second screen support on the phone.
The map is too big, and the loading times take too long.

I think the experience would be 5 times better if they allowed all the menus to be handled on a second screen.
Or an iPad for consoles.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Man, I love everything about this game, but I get my ass kicked by some monsters. The combat feels so cluncky and unresponsive sometimes.
Should I lower the difficulty? How does that changes the combat?

M.D

Does game difficulty affect Gwent AI? I've fallen in-love with Gwent and destroy every opponent with ease :(

The only problem is I'm still stuck with original deck even tho I buy every card I see and earned a lot and still have more to earn.
I'm close to having enough cards to play with Scoia’tael and Nilfgaard and wonder how it will affect my play, because I'm really used to playing my current cards and learned the AI pattern. Wish you could play it online!

methane47

Man, I love everything about this game, but I get my ass kicked by some monsters. The combat feels so cluncky and unresponsive sometimes.
Should I lower the difficulty? How does that changes the combat?

Quen .... and redo your abilities.
The only abilities that are active are the ones that are placed in the slots to the right.
That said you should focus on 1 or 2 trees. For me i only have my points in Combat and Signs..

Combat has like 30 points Signs maybe 5.....

When fighting starts I just hold square to attack like 10 times per second with the flurry attack... and Quen usually holds up for the entire time until everything dies.

Does game difficulty affect Gwent AI? I've fallen in-love with Gwent and destroy every opponent with ease :(

The only problem is I'm still stuck with original deck even tho I buy every card I see and earned a lot and still have more to earn.
I'm close to having enough cards to play with Scoia’tael and Nilfgaard and wonder how it will affect my play, because I'm really used to playing my current cards and learned the AI pattern. Wish you could play it online!

Gwent online would be nice. I'd pay for that.

Top Bottom