• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Beamerjld

Neo Member
Just noticed that DKC is sold out from Moonshake, if anyone has any interest in Metroid, pick it up before the only option is flippers on ebay.

BTails

Great to hear, thanks! I'll hold off over-paying on ebay.

While I don't doubt Outrun will get a repress, I hope you have a copy of Super Hang-On already (pr no interest in it)! They've said a few times that that release most likely will not get a repress as it wasn't super popular, and there was a lot of issues manufacturing the packaging.

Champloo4

Sorry if this has been asked already...
Has there ever been discussion/info about the Snake Pass soundtrack getting a vinyl release? That music is so good.

Been playing N++ on an off a lot in my free time and would love to see a vinyl LP release.

So would I and a few other people. The creators once retweeted a mockup.

It sadly won't happen though. They licensed all that music for the game only. They don't have rights to release it as a soundtrack digitally, let alone physically. To negotiate that would be lots and lots of money, and from the sound of things, N++ didn't sell well enough to bother with that, sadly.

So would I and a few other people. The creators once retweeted a mockup.

It sadly won't happen though. They licensed all that music for the game only. They don't have rights to release it as a soundtrack digitally, let alone physically. To negotiate that would be lots and lots of money, and from the sound of things, N++ didn't sell well enough to bother with that, sadly.

I'm bummed the game sold poorly. It's such an amazing value.

snkryo

Hi, so a friend is selling a few vinyls for $250 as a lot. I'm new into vinyl collecting and I dont play all video games that come out but I do enjoy game music. Are these worth getting for $250?

Pony Island
Downwell
Enter the Gungeon
Lisa Painful RPG
Super Time Force
Super Motherload
Lagrange Point
Crypt of the Necrodancer
FTL
FTL Advanced
The Last Guardian
Hue
No Man's Sky
Thumper
Fez
Hyper Light Drifter

BTails

Hi, so a friend is selling a few vinyls for $250 as a lot. I'm new into vinyl collecting and I dont play all video games that come out but I do enjoy game music. Are these worth getting for $250?

That's a nice price for that bundle, considering many of those releases were $25-50 USD sold brand new. That being said, it really depends on whether you enjoy those soundtracks, and would listen to them, at least in my opinion. As someone who mostly collects retro game soundtracks, Lagrange Point is the only one that would interest me: it's an awesome soundtrack, but is also still available from Ship to Shore Phono Co.

Pony Island
Downwell
Enter the Gungeon
Lisa Painful RPG
Super Time Force
Super Motherload
Lagrange Point
Crypt of the Necrodancer
FTL
FTL Advanced
The Last Guardian
Hue
No Man's Sky
Thumper
Fez
Hyper Light Drifter

Are they all well cared for? That's a good price but in my opinion it's not worth it if you actually don't want most or all of them. Quality over quantity is a good way to collect or else you might end up with tons of records you don't care about (this happened to me).

These's some really great soundtracks in there, Hyper Light Drifter, Lagrange Point, Fez, FTL... some of my favourites.

For $250 that's quite a good deal, some of those vinyls are pushing $80 by themselves. Buy them, listen to them, sell the one's you don't like.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Pony Island
Downwell
Enter the Gungeon
Lisa Painful RPG
Super Time Force
Super Motherload
Lagrange Point
Crypt of the Necrodancer
FTL
FTL Advanced
The Last Guardian
Hue
No Man's Sky
Thumper
Fez
Hyper Light Drifter
I will offer you $40 for that Fez if/when you don't wish to have it and choose to buy this package from your friend.

wiibomb

Pony Island
Downwell
Enter the Gungeon
Lisa Painful RPG
Super Time Force
Super Motherload
Lagrange Point
Crypt of the Necrodancer
FTL
FTL Advanced
The Last Guardian
Hue
No Man's Sky
Thumper
Fez
Hyper Light Drifter

didn't know The Last Guardian had a vinyl... I'm tempted on that one. Unfortunately I bough the NMS record about a month ago and the others I don't know/listen

snkryo

Thanks everyone for your input but I decided I will get the lot and sell what I don't like. I have been listening to a few soundtracks on youtube and some are very good.

Beamerjld

Neo Member
FYI, The Limited Run Games release this friday, "The Flame in the Flood" has a vinyl release for sale.

Just found out this was for sale, hadn't seen anyone talk about it... Guess because its kinda hidden on the composers personal merch site.
It looks like the Orange variant might be the Limited Edition? According to the source code, there are only 17 of these left, and over 200 of the blue variant.

https://chuckraganmerch.com/collections/music

Spwn

didn't know The Last Guardian had a vinyl... I'm tempted on that one. Unfortunately I bough the NMS record about a month ago and the others I don't know/listen

I read people commenting that TLG has a lot of surface noise. Apparently it's pressed with the same method picture discs are made.

FYI, The Limited Run Games release this friday, "The Flame in the Flood" has a vinyl release for sale.

Just found out this was for sale, hadn't seen anyone talk about it... Guess because its kinda hidden on the composers personal merch site.
It looks like the Orange variant might be the Limited Edition? According to the source code, there are only 17 of these left, and over 200 of the blue variant.

https://chuckraganmerch.com/collections/music
Thanks for the heads up! Just grabbed the orange one. $26 with two day shipping is pretty nice

rpbtz

Black Screen Records are releasing Jesper Kyd's soundtrack to Robinson: The Journey on vinyl: http://blackscreenrecords.limitedru...-kyd-robinson-the-journey-official-soundtrack
DJnSD6EWsAAmjSb.jpg:small

rpbtz

Gamemusic Records will release "The Heroes Piano Sonata" on vinyl, which is an arranged piano album with music from the Heroes of Might & Magic series performed by the series original composer Paul Anthony Romero. Preorder info should be coming soon.
DJwxQfbXcAAMPQQ.jpg:small

OnPoint

Been something of a lull in records to order... though my wallet is happy for the reprieve, I am worried there will be a rapid-fire release schedule coming up. Am I right to worry about this?

rpbtz

Been something of a lull in records to order... though my wallet is happy for the reprieve, I am worried there will be a rapid-fire release schedule coming up. Am I right to worry about this?

Somewhat. I know of a few unannounced titles + those that are announced and aren't up for preorder yet (of which there's a few). I'm fairly certain that these won't all drop at the same time, though, so it might not be a big issue.

As soon as RKA becomes available I just know there will be like half a dozen "must have" releases the same week, lol

I hope Nier 2 gets a North American distributor.

rpbtz

Black Screen Records have opened preorders for Syberia 3: http://blackscreenrecords.limitedrun.com/products/592511-inon-zur-syberia-3-official-soundtrack
DJxuMhJWkAE2Xcl.png:small

They will open preorders for another new release in ~2h 30 mins from now as well.

__

iam8bit have announced a Japanese variant of their Undertale release with new art and different colored vinyl. They've also announced that they'll release a 3LP of DETERMINATION, which is a heavy metal arrangement of Undertale. So far it's only announced on their Japanese blog, but the teaser image for the 3LP is in English, so it'll likely be up on US/EU stores later: https://www.iam8bit.jp/blog/2017/09/15/220310
c10fec0ee36c4d6fe75d6ea0a2e3800b.jpg

a52156ed25a4a340aae45e966588a6d0.jpg

EDIT: Also just noticed that the marketing says "Papyrus" when it's a picture of Sans.

Lanofrose

Neo Member
Was wondering if anyone here could help me out.

does anyone that has the Sonic Mania vinyl know if the available tracks on that are different (custom endings I'm almost certain it has, mostly looking for less muddy) than the digital download codes lossless soundtrack?
I heard the digital lossless release and it is really muddy imo. I am wondering if I should invest time/money into getting the vinyl tracks into digital lossless (this makes sense right?). The custom endings to the tracks are a bonus for the effort if so. If you can't tell I know little to nothing about vinyl.

Baconmonk

I know I'm super late to the party, but any word on more copies of Sonic Mania being available? I see Data Discs does re-releases now and then, but this one isn't even out yet! I'd love one of the colored ones (the blue speaks to me) but even a plain jane black record would be cool.

Picked up the SoR2 from them the other day, such a great soundtrack.

I know I'm super late to the party, but any word on more copies of Sonic Mania being available? I see Data Discs does re-releases now and then, but this one isn't even out yet! I'd love one of the colored ones (the blue speaks to me) but even a plain jane black record would be cool.

On September 12th they tweeted that the second pressing was almost sold out. If it has been this successful, I would expect them to reprint it again for sure.

Top Bottom