• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

All good and all, but when is Mondo gonna drop that Symphony Of The Night vinyl? Has been teased for a long time but still no word of an official release date....

Was this posted?

http://www.bravewave.net/genseries/005
AOF+Mock+Up-1.jpg

rpbtz

Brave Wave also teased GS-006 on Twitter with "The lone knight shall be no more". So I'm guessing it's a new Shovel Knight release. Likely one of the DLC OSTs. If true, I'd definitely be okay with that.

wiibomb

Brave Wave also teased GS-006 on Twitter with "The lone knight shall be no more". So I'm guessing it's a new Shovel Knight release. Likely one of the DLC OSTs. If true, I'd definitely be okay with that.

Has there been a release of the shovel knight ost already? I was thinking it would be really nice to have one of those. SK has one hell of an OST

oh that's.... rather expensive. I'll continue looking at it, but right now its pretty expensive considering this is in Europe and the shipping would probably cost even more.

Sorry to say, its highly doubtful it will get any cheaper. Ever. As there are 40 copies left unsold and they are the only retailer.

OnPoint

Not exactly vinyl related, but I thought I'd take advantage of the Iam8bit sale going on to buy my friend a shirt for a present and the lowest shipping option is $15? Uh, no thanks.

kubus

So is the only way now to get the Life is Strange vinyl by buying from resellers? You were supposed to be able to get them through Square's reward program, but the product page says "Waiting List", so I'm guessing they're out of stock? Not that I would be able to get enough points anyway...

Really want to add this one to my collection but €250 is... ehh. Yeah.

Shinohara

Neo Member
So is the only way now to get the Life is Strange vinyl by buying from resellers? You were supposed to be able to get them through Square's reward program, but the product page says "Waiting List", so I'm guessing they're out of stock? Not that I would be able to get enough points anyway...

Wow, I just picked one up via points a few weeks ago.

rpbtz

Keep an eye on eBay - and even better set up alerts. They're never cheap, but I got one for $100 a few weeks back, which is the lowest I've seen in it go for for a while.

I'll be passing on these.

There were stronger SNK choices than this, in my opinion.

I'm on the fence. I love NeoGeo, but the next three releases are for Art of Fighting which, as you note, aren't the strongest choices. I'd wager they hold off on Samurai Showdown II for a long time. They state that it's a multi-year endeavor, and they're likely to release other soundtracks while the SNK stuff is under way, so...check the thread for the next few years, I guess.

Shinohara

Neo Member
Keep an eye on eBay - and even better set up alerts. They're never cheap, but I got one for $100 a few weeks back, which is the lowest I've seen in it go for for a while.

That's impressive, I just got $200 for mine on eBay, which promptly went right back to SquareEnix for the FF12 HD Collector's Edition.

YaBish

I need to have that Nier Gestalt/Replicant OST in my life. But how to go about it... I can't exactly set up some kind of notifications easily :/

Suge

Neo Member
Wow, shocked at the response for the AOF series release, I've heard and seen worse generic new indie game OST's willy-nilly getting released on vinyl getting a better response than this even game vinyl releases that the actual game hasn't or hadn't come out yet before pre-orders for the soundtrack e.g Cuphead & Sonic Mania.

Very strange...

kubus

Wow, I just picked one up via points a few weeks ago.
Damn. Did you have to buy points or double dip on games or whatever to get 600 or did you just have enough?
That's impressive, I just got $200 for mine on eBay, which promptly went right back to SquareEnix for the FF12 HD Collector's Edition.
Damn $100 is a steal. I have my eye on the one on eBay for $200 but shipping to Europe is another $65 (wtf) and customs tax will probably be another $60 or so :/. Hoping for an eBay listing within the EU. (I know there's one on discogs, but it's a bit steep)

rpbtz

Damn $100 is a steal. I have my eye on the one on eBay for $200 but shipping to Europe is another $65 (wtf) and customs tax will probably be another $60 or so :/. Hoping for an eBay listing within the EU. (I know there's one on discogs, but it's a bit steep)

That's crazy shipping. I paid ~$40 for shipping AND customs (it was handled through the eBay global shipping center). Unfortunately the seller was shit at packaging so the cover's pretty beat up...

I had set my max at $150 and just kept patiently waiting for one to show up - which paid off in the end. I bid on a few auctions as well, but most ended at $160-170.

OnPoint

Wow, shocked at the response for the AOF series release, I've heard and seen worse generic new indie game OST's willy-nilly getting released on vinyl getting a better response than this even game vinyl releases that the actual game hasn't or hadn't come out yet before pre-orders for the soundtrack e.g Cuphead & Sonic Mania.

Very strange...

Sonic Mania was super hyped and the music in the trailer, not to mention the stuff that was released prior, was solid. Plus the series has an insane pedigree. Is that really a surprise? Cuphead I can't really defend as I'm not really into its soundtrack (though I want the game something fierce).

I will agree that some OSTs are hyped beyond where I would be hyped for them, or maybe even more than I think they might warrant, but AOF is simply a relatively unexciting property.

Shinohara

Neo Member
Damn. Did you have to buy points or double dip on games or whatever to get 600 or did you just have enough?

I might have a call Square Enix problem... multiple FF14 Collector's Editions + FF14 soundtracks on blu-ray + a bunch of older games during their anniversary sale. It adds up.

SKINNER!

Banned
Got the Sunset Riders vinyl as a gift from my girlfriend. She said she ordered it back in Feb and completely forgot about it until it arrived early last week. I haven't got the chance to open the seal and give it a listen but wow it looks pretty sweet.

BTails

$11 bucks USD shipping to Canada for Bayou Billy is a hard pill to swallow, especially considering it's a 7". I'll probably wait on that one, as there's a few other albums I want to order coming up in the next few weeks (Josie and the Pussycats soundtrack from Mondo!!).

Top Bottom