• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: War For Cybertron - First Trailer released

The multiplayer looks pretty interesting. I did enjoy the multiplayer in Revenge of the Fallen, even if it was horribly imbalanced. The co-op aspect seems interesting as well.

I have high hopes for this, as I'm a huge transformers nerd

CryptiK

Customisation is going to be a let down. They could have at least added interchangeable armour and heads but its just basically repaint a set model :(

Zapages

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
As usual these skins look cool but they should be in the game as unlockables instead of this stupid preorder stuff.

So true... Especially for a game like this. :mad:

The game looks super awesome!!!

The game does look really awesome no doubt, but I do have my concerns. Like, how much is there really to this game? Maybe they're holding their cards close to their chest but all they've really show is big robot world, flight stuff, and fighting Omega Supreme. I have a sinking feeling the campaign will be short but sweet, play as Prime w Ratchet/Bumblebee then play again as Megatron w Starscream/Soundwave. Versus mode looks fun but again, how long can it last with just 4 player classes? At the very least I think is going to be good and worth getting, just with only 2 months left until release I hope there's enough to it to make it great.

Snaku

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Finally. A transformers game that not only looks gorgeous but looks to play just as well.

Um...

w2eh6q.png

Basically all the gameplay they showed was straight out of Transformers: Armada. It had the same third person movement, an optional dash attack like what Optimus does there, and the Omega Supreme fight is ripped straight from Tidalwave, missile barrage and continuous laser included (which Omega Supreme never originally did).

Which hopefully means it will be as good as Transformers: Armada, but really, I'm sick to death of people dismissing that game and claiming "first good Transformers" about any other game.

I played through part of the Tranformers Armada game, and I did find it was difficult. I also wasn't exactly sure what I was supposed to be doing. Maybe I'll boot it up later and see if I can get into it.

Swittcher

Banned
I really, really want to see Next-Level's take on this for the Wii.

But goddamn the HD version is looking way, way better than I initially thought.

cacildo

happyfunball said:
(Wii version) And no mention of online multiplayer and no Wifi on the box......might be a terrible awful horrible dissapointing and rage inducing rent.

Fixed

Edit: remember that comercial like 2 years ago about buying horrible games?

Those were hacked out of the flash site and identified days ago, on TFW2005.

Pretty strange choices. Reminds me a bit of the totally random inclusion of Skydive in the RotF game. You'd think they'd make a list of the top ten most loved characters on each side and then work their way down that. Now we have the obvious eight choices (Brawl is kind of famous now after the movie)... and then two completely random Scramble City limbs who never had any real homages up until now.

Next prediction: Nosecone and Seawing.

Tamanon

Banned
Metroplex was awesome. Definitely looking forward to this game though. Looks amazing. What I've wanted for years.

Plus the best news....no humans!

Xater

VaLiancY said:
:lol :lol :lol This was pretty funny I have to admit.

So good. :lol

I can't believe I am excited again for a Transformers game. I enjoyed High Moons Darkwatch so maybe this can actually turn out good.

Gonna check this game out. Has a lot of darkhorse potential similar to Arkham Asylum. Nice mid level title to keep busy a few weeks over summer.

bleh. definitely too little diversity in the transform modes. why not just have shockwave as a huge flying gun, could still be the exact same jet class. I don't see the problem. everyone is either car tank or jet, boo. not that I will ever see him in the game if he's going to be gamestop exclusivo forever

Duane Cunningham said:
http://kotaku.com/5531679/female-robots-represent-in-the-war-for-cybertron-multiplayer-trailer Online mode looks so awesome. Also, there are females in this trailer, an Autobot that looks like either Arcee or Elita 1, and (unnoticed by the article) right before her is a female Decepticon, maybe. At least I think it looks like one, in fact, she looks like the female seeker/Starscream clone from TFA.
yeah autobot is definitely arcee. thought the decepticon was elita1, but I guess that female tfa starscream thing makes sense when I looked it up. also annoyed by this. all the non-g1 robots. especially easy ones like the generic tank decepticon from armada, as if there aren't decepticon tanks in g1. what

Everything about this looks good... but really setting it on Cybertron is lame since theres no variety in the environments. It's all the same metal looking landscape

BattleMonkey said:
Everything about this looks good... but really setting it on Cybertron is lame since theres no variety in the environments. It's all the same metal looking landscape

Yeah its the only thing thats worrying me, samey enviroments, all we can hope for is that some missions involve going to earth to retrieve stuff and such.

eh why would it be a problem making varied environments even if it's all supposed to be made of metal and high tech crap? makes no sense. wouldn't mind a smelting pool level with LORD STRAXUS :O~

Joseph Merrick said:
eh why would it be a problem making varied environments even if it's all supposed to be made of metal and high tech crap? makes no sense. wouldn't mind a smelting pool level with LORD STRAXUS :O~

Just watching the footage of the game and all the pics, it obviously is a problem since every environment looks the same. Theres very limited material to work with when your dealing with a planet of robots.

I just hope the multiplayer character creator is flexible enough to give me a red/white/blue car to call Smokescreen. Oh, and that the game doesn't force you to have your gamertag/PSN name as the name of the robot, that would be stupid.

BattleMonkey said:
Just watching the footage of the game and all the pics, it obviously is a problem since every environment looks the same. Theres very limited material to work with when your dealing with a planet of robots.
pff I say (meaning, I hope) they've just shown the same couple of levels so far. there's a ton of material to work with especially in the comics

Top Bottom