• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield will return for 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

And Marc Webb will direct.

Yeah.

Andrew Garfield will return to the role of Peter Parker and Marc Webb is set to direct as Columbia Pictures prepares to begin production on the next installment of The Amazing Spider-Man, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of production for the studio. The screenplay is by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. The film will be produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach. The new chapter in the Spider-Man saga is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

Emma Stone is also in talks to return to the blockbuster franchise and is expected to reprise her role as Gwen Stacy.

The new film will begin production in early 2013. Webb, Garfield and Stone previously teamed on this summer's blockbuster The Amazing Spider-Man, which has taken in more than $751 million worldwide.

Commenting on the announcement, Belgrad said, "We could not be more confident in the direction we are taking this new Spider-Man storyline and we are tremendously excited to be ramping up production again with Marc at the helm and Andrew continuing on as Peter Parker. We can’t wait to share what we have in store for Peter and Spider-Man with audiences worldwide."

Comingsoon

Alrus

Well the Andrew Garfield/Emma Stone chemistry was the best thing about the movie so it's not bad news I guess.

Salsa

okay

but yeah, im never gonna be okay with new sony spidey movies after the avengers, I really want those rights to revert

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I hope he doesn't return, he was the worst Spider-man to date.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I hope they push the 3D a little more this time. I know the shallow 3D during conversations was a deliberate choice but they played it far too conservatively.

The movie itself was pretty enjoyable.

Awesome news for Garfield's return. I just fucking hope Webb has learned from his mistakes and can create a more focused film this time. I hate to say it, but he could benefit from some Sony oversight.

Hindle

Banned
Dam, no mention of the villain. I'm looking forward to this, the first was a return to form for the series. Hopefully they will make a brilliant sequel.

8FdpG.gif

Ridley327

Awesome news for Garfield's return. I just fucking hope Webb has learned from his mistakes and can create a more focused film this time. I hate to say it, but he could benefit from some Sony oversight.

That Sony oversight is the reason why we have Orci & Kurtzman on the script for the sequel.

That Sony oversight is the reason why we have Orci & Kurtzman on the script for the sequel.

Look, at this point any help that can prevent the sequel from being butchered the way TASM was would be welcomed. If the hacks can assist in tailoring a script that is manageable with the screen time they have, then I'm happy.

BFIB

Can't wait to see Green Goblin have inner turmoil with himself, since we've never seen that before in Spidey's movie villains.

If its Gobby again i'm out. Fuck that guy.

And stop making the villains people parker knows jeez. New York must be pretty small because he has a personal relationship with every single villain

And you think that notorious hacks like those two are going to help?

The sequel's fate was sealed the day they were brought on board.

Vanderbilt wrote the script for the sequel. The hacks have just been brought in to tighten it. I'm not too bothered by that to be honest.

Blader

Vanderbilt wrote the script for the sequel. The hacks have just been brought in to tighten it. I'm not too bothered by that to be honest.

Says who? They're some of the most expensive screenwriters in Hollywood right now, they're not going to be be hired to just perform a few tweaks here and there.

Also, what does it say about Vanderbilt's script that it needs two hacks to tighten it?

I'm thinking these fools have been brought in to add big set piece action sequences.

really hope it's not called "The Amazing Spider-man 2" it should be The Spectacular Spider-man

Spectacular Spider-Man is going to be used for when they reboot it again lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Walking out of the first one, I mustered my enthusiasm and said to my girlfriend ".... I can't wait to see what happens in the next one!"

and she said ".... Well, I can."

Me. ".......good point." :(

So not hyped for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom