• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Spider Man 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Spider Man 2 wil get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

demigod

heKFKSA.jpg

DenchDeckard DenchDeckard and adamsapple adamsapple , you guys are slacking.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
This game won’t even be GOTY for Spider-Man die hards.

Insomniac learning nothing from the first games biggest complaint by a majority of players — we don’t want to play as MJ… yet here we are in part 2 once again playing her only now she looks like Ron Jeremy without the mustache.

Wtf were they thinking. :/

radewagon

This game won’t even be GOTY for Spider-Man die hards.

Insomniac learning nothing from the first games biggest complaint by a majority of players — we don’t want to play as MJ… yet here we are in part 2 once again playing her only now she looks like Ron Jeremy without the mustache.

Wtf were they thinking. :/
I dunno, I liked playing as MJ. In fact, I like it in most games when I get to play as a character with vastly different abilities as the protagonist even when those abilities are severely nerfed. Variety is the spice of life.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
If you bought a Spider-Man game to play as MJ….

For the record I’d love to play as black cat, or wraith , or even Miles’ mom, but MJ? Hell nah.
Good thing MJ is a small part of a rather large game. Don't want to play as her? Don't play the game. See, problem solved! :lollipop_winking:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Good thing MJ is a small part of a rather large game. Don't want to play as her? Don't play the game. See, problem solved! :lollipop_winking:

im-retarded-ask.gif

Or, I play the game, enjoy the rest, and voice my dislike for the parts I don’t like on a message board for video games. Wild concept I know.

I don’t have to love something in its entirety to get enjoyment out of it.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Or, I play the game, enjoy the rest, and voice my dislike for the parts I don’t like on a message board for video games. Wild concept I know.

I don’t have to love something in its entirety to get enjoyment out of it.
Plenty of people don't mind playing as MJ. Wild concept, I know.

And no one said you had to love anything, but you don't speak for a majority.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Holy shit. Didn't know that you had to play as MJ in this. That's a big disappointment.
Well, you also get the punch her when she's merged with the symbiote. :messenger_winking_tongue:

But then you also gotta hear how she's stronger than Peter in many ways and how she's taken for granted. 👀

Last edited:

OneBigPuss

Damn. I thought that SM2 will be THE game to buy PS5 with like i did Arkham Knight with PS4 in 2015. I adore SP1 and was hyped for the sequel after i got platinum trophy on PS4 in 2018.
After reading and seeing more and more stuff about the story, dialogs and missions plus all of this im glad i stopped myself from buying PS5 bundle on friday. Back to SM1 on PC then.

Slikk360

Damn. I thought that SM2 will be THE game to buy PS5 with like i did Arkham Knight with PS4 in 2015. I adore SP1 and was hyped for the sequel after i got platinum trophy on PS4 in 2018.
After reading and seeing more and more stuff about the story, dialogs and missions plus all of this im glad i stopped myself from buying PS5 bundle on friday. Back to SM1 on PC then.
Your loss if you let others or small things like this keep you from enjoying games.

Freeman76

They had 911 comics with marvel characters, yall need to stop over reacting to everything and just enjoy gaming.
This is why its so widespread, everyone just bends over and accepts it. You need to understand the reason its so important to not just accept this crap, is where it leads. If not, you're part of the problem.

Slikk360

i do enjoy gaming , and this woke crap is not gaming , this is just another product used to push mental illness as normality
Sure if you say so.. "woke crap" have been in comics movies and TV shows a long time point is its nothing new doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. There's always been a little bit of reality and messaging. People have just become so sensitive and mobb like that they look for anything to be outrage over. That looks to be a form of mental illness you speak of.

OneBigPuss

Your loss if you let others or small things like this keep you from enjoying games.
Like i said its a "plus" on top of other bigger things that i saw and don't like (story direction and dialogs and not much new when it comes to gameplay). I bit the bullet with Ragnarok after enjoying the story of the first one and the sequel was disappointing on almost every level for me. I won't make the same mistake again. Will probably buy it in a year of two plus there will probably be more interesting games for me to buy new console.

samoilaaa

Sure if you say so.. "woke crap" have been in comics movies and TV shows a long time point is its nothing new doesn't matter if you agree with it or not. There's always been a little bit of reality and messaging. People have just become so sensitive and mobb like that they look for anything to be outrage over. That looks to be a form of mental illness you speak of.
if you enjoy it good for you , they need weak minded people

Drizzlehell

Banned
Man, imagine actually caring about this stuff to the degree where you need to go out of your way to try and talk people out of playing the game on Reddit.

Remember when everyone thought that the Twitter mob was a bunch of loons for trying to boycott Hogwarts Legacy? Well, I have bad news for you. If you're really bothered this much about "woke" stuff in Spider-Man, you're a part of the same crowd, just on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Any rational thinking person will just ignore it and move on with their lives.

FingerBang

I mean, I'm enjoying the game too, but don't particularly agree with the idea behind adding stuff like that. One doesn't have to be weak minded to enjoy the game, though. You can keep political preferences in check while experiencing someone's work. 🤷‍♂️
Fully agree. The woke political messages are an annoyance but that doesn't make the game shit. You can mostly ignore it, it's not part of the main story if you exclude the occasional they/them straight woman with a lesbian haircut.

I'm all for being vocal about not liking it, but the game is amazing and this shit can easily be ignored.

shamoomoo

Yeah,there very few comic books written from the perspective of a D bags causing problems for other people just they can. Most super heroes are trying to make the world better in their own image and there's nothing "woke" about that?

Slikk360

Yeah,there very few comic books written from the perspective of a D bags causing problems for other people just they can. Most super heroes are trying to make the world better in their own image and there's nothing "woke" about that?
All I'll say is people choose what they deem is woke or to be outrage about. It'll always be something cultural, political, or religious. GTA has way worse things in that game than a BLM mural but kids and everyone plays it and it's sold a ton. Crime Violence Drugs and guess what people can't wait to buy the next one.

John Wick

Clearly not a divisive game lol

We are in for a treat
I stayed patient and managed to snag a digital code last night for £50 with preorder bonus. Absolutely fantastic game from the time I've spent with it. All reviews were positive. Icing on the cake is how fully and complete the game released without any major bugs.

Man, imagine actually caring about this stuff to the degree where you need to go out of your way to try and talk people out of playing the game on Reddit.

Remember when everyone thought that the Twitter mob was a bunch of loons for trying to boycott Hogwarts Legacy? Well, I have bad news for you. If you're really bothered this much about "woke" stuff in Spider-Man, you're a part of the same crowd, just on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Any rational thinking person will just ignore it and move on with their lives.
Well said. Once you get older, you stop caring about shit you have no control over or doesnt affect you. If you're not involved, know anybody involved, you're really just wasting you own time.

Last edited:

DrFigs

Fully agree. The woke political messages are an annoyance but that doesn't make the game shit. You can mostly ignore it, it's not part of the main story if you exclude the occasional they/them straight woman with a lesbian haircut.

I'm all for being vocal about not liking it, but the game is amazing and this shit can easily be ignored.
This is where I'm at. The game is amazing so far. There is a lot of political messages in it, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment at all. It does stick out, but idk if you make an amazing game otherwise, i don't care.

LordCBH

Stevivor review is up and they gave SM2 a 9.

Edit. Ah, I see it's already been posted. Nvm then. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Weirdos on Twitter are gonna jump out of windows. They were counting on stevivor to drop a nice fat 4 on the game!

Top Bottom