• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: Monday night, after the maintenance will be exciting for 3DS owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
VdeJext.png

https://twitter.com/Emi1yRogers/statuses/409099745659875328

Monday night, after the maintenance, will be exciting for 3DS owners. I'm not allowed to say why, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

NOW you may jump on to the NNID and Miiverse Hype Train (tm). :p

I mean, what else can it be?

Edit: To recap, we're expecting Miiverse + Nintendo Network ID for 3DS, as well as a merged WALLET between 3DS and Wii U. So get your head out of the unified account clouds. :p

These were announced in the last Nintendo Direct on November 13th.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just don't think it'll be an account system.

Apparently people think it's the Miiverse, but the account system is really the only thing that I would truly be excited about. If it was the account system though, then both 3DS and Wii U owners would be excited, not just the 3DS owners.

hawk2025

Nintendo, I have SO much pent up demand for eshop games on both consoles as soon as a comprehensive account plan is announced.

Make it happen.

cacildo

sunday: NEW info on a wiiu game (its just donkey kong again)
monday: something EXCITING after maintenance (its just miiverse on 3ds we already knew about it)

Persona7

Banned
These systems will continue to be bull shit until you can recover your games via a account system any time you want like pretty much every other video game service out there.

Khaz

Why are you dissociating Miiverse and NNID? You can't have Miiverse without NNID so it's either both or just the account system / shared wallet.

I actually think the maintenance will only be for the shared wallet and NNID creation. Miiverse will come later once Nintendo is sure they haven't rolled out any bug.

Kard8p3

So starting next week more than 30 million new people will have access to miiverse. I wonder how that's going to work out?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
These systems will continue to be bull shit until you can recover your games via a account system any time you want like pretty much every other video game service out there.

How does it work on the Wii U with the Nintendo id ? If you buy a game on eshop, then end up selling your Wii U can you use the account on a new Wii U and redownload the games you've bought ?

Persona7

Banned
How does it work on the Wii U with the Nintendo id ? If you buy a game on eshop, then end up selling your Wii U can you use the account on a new Wii U and redownload the games you've bought ?

no, you can't even recover a Nintendo ID on a different system.

Boss Man

Unified accounts finally!? Hah, I just had a thread about this (and I guess a hundred other people did too). I hope it ends up being what we expect it to be.

Khaz

Hey, what about something completely unexpected? I for once secretly dream of automatic cloud saving. I'd take that before Miiverse.

Nope. Digital purchases are tied to the hardware, not a network ID - just like the original Wii. That's why people have been clamoring for a proper account system from Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom