• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Seeking FFvsXIII Planners "with experience on PS3 and Xbox 360 packages"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nexus

Banned
Square Enix seems to be serious about this whole Final Fantasy Versus XIII thing. In fact, to speed up completion of the project, they're taking the extraordinary measure of actually hiring new staff.

A visual from a recruitment page off the Square Enix site

The notice says that Square Enix is seeking a large number of planners for Versus XIII. There are two specific listings: battle planner and http://www.square-enix.com/jp/recruit/career/job/game/planner.html.

Battle planner requires such work as creation of enemy characters for an action RPG, "creation of the battle concept for each chapter, field and dungeon," formation of "enemy character algorithms, parameter settings and other data work," and management of graphics resources. This position asks for people with experience making PS3 and Xbox 360 package games and those with knowledge of battles and level creation.

Level design planner requires such work as "development of action games" and "creation of level design based off the scenario." This position requires that candidates have experience making action games.

Both jobs are out of Square Enix's Shinjuku studio.

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/10/18/ff_versus_xiii_planners/

Looks like they want to get this game out as soon as possible.

Amir0x

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Lets be honest, who actually cares anymore?
that's what makes it so funny

i guess Microsoft wants it to be their big E3 2011 announcement

i'm so shocked in advance

Dwayne

You know, it helps to think forward and get employees who are useful on future products and not just the current one. Food for thought.

Dabanton

MassiveAttack said:
"As soon as possible" in Square's world has a very different meaning.

They'll probably release it in 2 years. But during that time they'll also announce another 7 FF games they'll put out pictures and people will leak badly recorded video from their embargoed fan events info for the next 15 years.

LovingSteam said:
Lets be honest, who still actually cares about this game?

I remember being hyped as hell for this game back in early 2008 when Famitsu and everyone were blowing the doors open with all this snazzy looking media. I figured both FFXIII and Versus were going to come out that same year. Then SE just became ridiculously quiet about it ever since. I'm still somewhat interested, but nowhere near as much as I used to be, especially given how shitty XIII and XIV were. The project has just taken too long.

duckroll

I have a question:

Why would someone with experience in battle planning and design for several Xbox360 titles not be able to use that experience on doing battle planning and design for a PS3 title?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MikeE21286 said:
so this adds more fuel to a 360 version...
it really doesn't.

duckroll said:
I have a question:

Why would someone with experience in battle planning and design for several Xbox360 titles not be able to use that experience on doing battle planning and design for a PS3 title?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
duckroll said:
I have a question:

experience points are nontransferable

duckroll said:
I have a question:

Because apparently there aren't any RPGs on 360.

(And because the engines of GAF are fueled by wild speculation)

duckroll

MassiveAttack said:
Because apparently there aren't any RPGs on 360.

Ignoring the obvious joke though, the recruitment notice isn't looking for people with experience in RPGs, but in action games. :)

7Th

duckroll said:
I have a question:

Why aren't they asking for people with experience in battle planning and design for Wii titles?

duckroll said:
I have a question:

360 version to get gimped battle system? :(

duckroll said:
Ignoring the obvious joke though, the recruitment notice isn't looking for people with experience in RPGs, but in action games. :)

Okay, this actually makes sense.

Strike

shoot-foot.jpg

duckroll

7Th said:
Why aren't they asking for people with experience in battle planning and design for Wii titles?

Because the scale of a project for PS3/360 games are considerably larger than Wii games. They would prefer to have staff who are experienced in working on HD projects and shipping large scale action games presumably. It's a pretty common recruitment notice.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
It's not like any of us weren't expecting a 360 version... it was more of a question of "when"?

What were the sales figures worldwide for FF13 for the PS3 and 360?

fernoca

duckroll said:
Well, on a technical level seeing how it says about data, graphic resources and algorithms; keep in mind that both console are completley different on their ways to develop games for.

Adding, how they apparently had a few problems while porting FFXIII from PS3 to the 360; aside not using the best tool to compress movie, but also cutting corners in effects, resolution and other aspects just to have the game running. Even when apparently the Crystal Tools were made with multiplatfrom development in mind.

Maybe they want to have both versions of the game on a similar technical level if they are planning to release it on 360 too.

RavenFox

Banned
Square oh square what has become of thee. Release th f'ing game already on PS3 and ship the 360 version later. Is this also why you're holding up FFIV?

LovingSteam said:
Well, we know one person who still gets all hot and bothered at the words 'Final Fantasy'.
I do and I'm sure a lot of others still do. The franchisee is still great.

Anyway, whatever to an Xbox port. I don't see what the big deal is. XIII sold decently on the xbox and I'm sure Versus could use the sales. Besides it will always mean new people can find out about FF since its on more platforms. So I don't care if a port happens. Will I pick it up? No, but good for those that only have a 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom