• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fred Flintstone has a hard, hard life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
IDW Cartoonist Jonathan H Graveyard shared some pages from the new Flintstone's comic, and I thought people here might appreciate them.

Tweetstream: https://twitter.com/jongraywb/status/790439018492198912

Cvgz9nMXYAECb13.jpg

Cvg1r3mWgAAcifR.jpg

Cvg2ktmW8AE1gW6.jpg

Cvg3zG_WcAAXSu1.jpg

Cvg4taDUMAErWAf.jpg

Jawmuncher

I recently was in a comic book store and saw this Flinstone's reboot. Was confused as hell seeing such a radical shift for the series. But after glancing through an issue, and reading these bits here. I really like it. Might have to go ahead and check out the whole series. Very interesting take on the series, and from what I can tell it works pretty well.

bigkrev

Not a joke, this Flintstones comic is the most enjoyable comic I have ever read.

The revelation that "Yabba-dabba-do!" is
something nonsensical you say when you are having traumatic PTSD flashbacks
in the 3rd issue made me actually scream out loud.

I recently was in a comic book store and saw this Flinstone's reboot. Was confused as hell seeing such a radical shift for the series

Would there be more than 100 people who would buy a traditional Flintstones comic in 2016? I'm glad that they tried something different!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well I was not expecting that. This is certainly an interesting direction to take things.

Jawmuncher

Not a joke, this Flintstones comic is the most enjoyable comic I have ever read.

Would there be more than 100 people who would buy a traditional Flintstones comic in 2016? I'm glad that they tried something different!

Yeah I understand why they did, but was still surprised they actually did it. A lot of companies try to keep their stuff the same style across the board. So it's cool to see DC actually change it up.

Holy shit, that is not what I expected at all. I knew there doing a lot of off kilter reboots of Hanna Barbara stuff over at DC, but I didn't quite expect that.

This is enormously stupid.

Are they going to do a Jetsons that explores the rapid progression of technology while human development stagnates in a mire of consumerism where George has an affair with the robot and Judy commits suicide by jumping off their floating house?

Johndoey

Banned

Are they going to do a Jetsons that explores the rapid progression of technology while human development stagnates in a mire of consumerism where George has an affair with the robot and Judy commits suicide by jumping off their floating house?
Hopefully.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
December issue has the great gazoo holy shit.

That sounds amazing.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

So the robot maid was multi use?

Mudcrab

Tell us more about what's enormously stupid, KeyBladerXIII.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I know this is real but I can't help but feel like this is some massive joke.

Or maybe I've just slipped into an alternate reality without realizing it.

Breads

Banned
From my limited exposure to it (this thread) it looks kind of hokey but I'll give it a shot. Better than whatever Seth MacFarlane's re imagining could have been.

Fred swole as fuck though. God damn.

Richie

Holy hell, The Flintsones has had its own Wubba Lubba Dub Dub all this time.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
From my limited exposure to it (this thread) it looks kind of hokey but I'll give it a shot.

Fred swole as fuck though. God damn.

It's pretty good, from what I've read (first two issues). If you find the framing device interesting, you'll probably like what you'll read.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

You like Kingdom Hearts.

foxdvd

How in the world is anyone, including Fred, suppose to know what Wilma's cave paintings mean if she has not explained it? That is a personal important story that is necessary to understand the value of them. To get upset that some random people or even your husband does not understand that, when it requires a VERY important amount of back story is beyond stupid.

How in the world is anyone, including Fred, suppose to know what Wilma's cave paintings mean if she has not explained it? That is a personal important story that is necessary to understand the value of them. To get upset that some random people or even your husband does not understand that, when it requires a VERY important amount of back story is beyond stupid.

I think that's sort of the point.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

These aren't supposed to be people with uniformly sound reasoning and strong emotional states.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is the reboot I never knew I wanted.

True to real life artists expecting everyone to innately understand thir convoluted work ayyyyy

Spaghetti

The new Flintstones comic is secretly amazing. I know most of the pages here are dark/emotional, but there's a lot of humour in the actual comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom