• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dragon’s Dogma 2 Reportedly Runs At 30FPS On PS5 & Xbox Series S|X

StereoVsn

It’s possible you can still add some modifications to Dev kits even if they are out like adding more memory increasing or decreasing clockspeeds, improve ipc, and update architecture what you can’t do is add new hardware based on specific features like say an ai accelerator core or change the core and thread count once kits are out. Only reason I see zen 2 being used is if the pro is really only gonna be 500
I would love to be wrong here. Zen 2 is a huge drag in 2024.

Bojji

They can salvage PS5 version with 120hz output support and low frame rate compensation but I doubt they will.

Xbox has that shit build in.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Dragon's Dogma 2 will release with an uncapped framerate!

Will be waiting for the PS5 pro to run it at a locked 60. :messenger_sunglasses:

Yeah for people buying the pd5 pro like me that is just no point in playing anything New and/or with bad perfomance right now... I've put everything on hold until the pro launches .. playing some back catalog and aa games until then

Yeah for people buying the pd5 pro like me that is just no point in playing anything New and/or with bad perfomance right now... I've put everything on hold until the pro launches .. playing some back catalog and aa games until then
the pro initially wasnt on my radar but i think ill be able to afford it now im waiting for some specs but i currently have been stocking up on games right now im finishing the dlc in dbz kakarot (cause i dont think that will be much different on pro) and i beat storm connections last month, i plan to pick up granblue eventually but i think i should wait for pro to play that based on the performance mode being low res, trying to go through persona 5 (since the only upgrades they could give the pro are the 120fps support they have on pc or 8k), and eventually persona 3 reload. i picked up horizon complete edition, helldivers 2, cyberpunk ultimate, spiderman 2, jedi survivor, and hogwarts but i assume i really should wait to play all these on pro? what about suicide squad if i pick that up, i pre ordered rebirth but maybe i should wait for pro to play that as well?

Bojji

The worst of the worst decisions.... Incomprehensibly something that Japanese Studios usually decide for their games.
Maybe activating 120hz and VRR in XSX could help but, looking at the latest gameplay shown, I have no hope that the performance will be above 40fps where the VRR helps.

Xbox has massive advantage here. VRR window being 40-120 instead of 48-120 (like on PS5) doesn't really matter here.

LFC takes care of that, when frame rate is below 45 it starts to work, you get refresh doubling so 44fps becomes 88Hz, 39fps becomes 68Hz etc. and tripling so 29fps becomes 87Hz.

You can still feel frame rate dropping but judder is eliminated and game is always into VRR window.

Sony should be fucking crucified by not making it system level like Xbox, leaving it developers will always result in them not giving a fuck.

Next gen was a mistake.
I don't understand comments like this. All hardware becomes outdated at some point and we're now pushing towards the 4th year of this console generation.

Games become more demanding and hardware becomes less capable. It's the way it has always been and that will never change. If you want to have the best possible graphics and framerate, buy the best in class PC parts for well over £2,500. I'd say that a £480 console provides pretty great value when you put things into perspective.

Xbox has massive advantage here. VRR window being 40-120 instead of 48-120 (like on PS5) doesn't really matter here.

LFC takes care of that, when frame rate is below 45 it starts to work, you get refresh doubling so 44fps becomes 88Hz, 39fps becomes 68Hz etc. and tripling so 29fps becomes 87Hz.

You can still feel frame rate dropping but judder is eliminated and game is always into VRR window.

Sony should be fucking crucified by not making it system level like Xbox, leaving it developers will always result in them not giving a fuck.
Yep. Bar unseen problems on XSX the best version should be on Xbox with VRR. VRR down to 20fps vs 48fps on PS5 is a big advantage for such game with variable framerate.

Last edited:

Fake

I don't understand comments like this. All hardware becomes outdated at some point and we're now pushing towards the 4th year of this console generation.

Games become more demanding and hardware becomes less capable. It's the way it has always been and that will never change. If you want to have the best possible graphics and framerate, buy the best in class PC parts for well over £2,500. I'd say that a £480 console provides pretty great value when you put things into perspective.

The problem is you are mistaking PC with console.

Console should be all about optimization, not about pushing graphics to the limits.

We have DRS, FSR, TSR, CBR, VRR, Dynamic settings, custom made API for gaming, less reserve resources for OS.

All this technology should and must give us an option to run games at 60 fps.

I refuse to take anyone serious that last gen keep saying the Carrizo Jaguar from PS4/Xbox was shit, but now is OK at games this gen to run at 30 without at least an option to run at unlocked frame rate.

Last edited:

Bojji

The problem is you are mistaking PC woth console.

Console should be all about optimization, not about pushing graphics to the limits.

We have DRS, FSR, TSR, CBR, VRR, Dynamic settings, custom made API for gaming, less reserve resources for OS.

All this technology should and must give us an option to run games at 60 fps.

I refuse to take anyone serious that last gen keep saying the Carrizo Jaguar from PS4/Xbox was shit, but now is OK at games this gen to run at 30 without at least option to run at unlocked frame rate.

Exactly this, developers have many tools inside games (like dynamic res) or outside games (like consumers with VRR tvs) to make their products perform good. Problem always was the same, many developers don't care that much about performance of their games.

Uncapped framerate??
giphy-2024-02-05-T194449-026.gif

Fbh

As I said in the other thread, depends on how it runs.
I'm ok if the more demanding areas have big framerate drops as long as the "regular" gameplay runs fine.

Like I get if the fight with that gaint enemy runs at a lower framerate, or if the framerate tanks when you do an over the top spell or do that thing they showed in one video where they blew up a wall to have water come through and take down an enemy.

But I don't see why stuff like in this video (which is what I imagine you'll be doing most of the time)

Wouldn't be able to run at 60fps.

CLW

REALLY excited about this one - guess I'm going to wait and see the PS5 vs PC optimization. Perhaps this is the 1st time to try my new PC I recently built (7800x3d 7900 xtx) over my trusty ps5.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Top Bottom