• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U) announced

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ii_Uexclusive_Affordable_Space_Adventures.php

header.png

The game is created by KnapNok (B.U.T.T.O.N., Spin The Bottle) and Nifflas (Knytt Underground, NightSky).

Their Wii U project, revealed only today, has already earned the support of the Danish Film Institute, and their charming if not claustrophobic teaser hints that their combined passions and expertise may pay off.

uexplorer2.png

uexplorer1.png

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3HLYTpnKv0

Press release: http://www.knapnokgames.com/press/sheet.php?p=affordable_space_adventures
Enjoy all the thrills and excitement of space exploration on a budget? Uexplore brings you affordable space adventures without compromising comfort, fun and safety. Our newest Small Craft (TM) line with its intuitive and simple Heads Down Display technology offers all the functionality and flexibility of the Heads Up Displays installed in more expensive space ships, but at a fraction of the price.

What kind of experience do you aim to create with your game?

Lau: To create an atmospheric, low-key, very suspenseful game that gets the players excited but a bit scared at the same time, and to have a game where a complex configurable vehicle is fun to figure out and control. Also to create a form of technical stealth puzzles that aren't very common in games, where stopping to think about each scenario is just as important as the execution.

More screenshots:

Features:

Suspenseful stealth puzzling: How do you configure and control the system so you don’t get seen, heard or otherwise detected?
Experience thrills, spookiness and beautiful areas of the world crafted and designed by Swedish indie game developer “Nifflas”.
Multiple difficulty levels ranging from family friendly to extremely complex.
Play with your friends and control the ship together or take on the challenge alone.
A game that truly utilizes the potential of the Wii U hardware.

Release date: Autumn 2014

stuminus3

That looks like something I'd enjoy. Like the kind of thing you used to get in the Atari ST days, but with modern graphics. The gameplay towards the end of the teaser looks interesting.

Hindl

Description was a little fuzzy but that teaser trailer was great. Looking forward to it it looks amazing

Sonic Boom? It's all I got.
Yes I know it's part of that deal.

Anyway, looks interesting. I'll keep an eye on this one.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing. No one seems to want up ports or down ports anyway and that trailer looks damn good.

Edit: The trailer for this, not... whatever that Sonic game is supposed to be.

Frodo

I love the name!

Will keep an eye on it. :)
People working on the title have a great track record of indie games.

Nice week for Wii U eShop announcements! 2 exclusives (Swords & Soldiers II and this) and a multiplat (Forma.8).

Didn't know about S&S2. Played the first one a lot on the Wii.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
So weird this and Forma.8 were announced on the same day, but both very much appeal to me. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

atr0cious

Enjoy all the thrills and excitement of space exploration on a budget? Uexplore brings you affordable space adventures without compromising comfort, fun and safety. Our newest Small Craft (TM) line with its intuitive and simple Heads Down Display technology offers all the functionality and flexibility of the Heads Up Displays installed in more expensive space ships, but at a fraction of the price.

This is really, really clever. Cannot wait for this.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Well shit, an actual game that makes use of the Gamerpad in a compelling way. Who would of thunk it was possible?

Seems like a combination of Steel Diver's (kinda) complicated levels taken to a new level + some Metroid-like environment + some strong insanely twisted shadow planet vibes. Super excited for this!

69wpm

Man, I loved the trailer. It has humour but also gives you that sense of loneliness mixed with exploration, very, very cool. Can't wait to get my hands on it, but it's a bit far away (Autumn 2014) :/

btw: You can watch the non crappy version of the trailer on Vimeo.

Top Bottom