• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 Bundle in Europe?

Pistolero

Draft said:
That about wraps it up for Microsoft.

I guess Sony can now concentrate on taking down Nintendo.

What monsters they are.

I knew a less exaggerating old you...
For all we know, MS could've obtained a sweet deal in the US...

Kweh

So, do bundles matter? Especially when all it is , is different packaging. I’m assuming they’re aimed at the average joe public.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Pistolero said:
I knew a less exaggerating old you...
For all we know, MS could've obtained a sweet deal in the US...

They should have everything tied up in the US.

But..given that 360 dominance of GTAIV in the US was virtually guaranteed anyway, I would have thought they'd have focussed on Europe. I would have thought marketing efforts for them here would have been more important.

(That's not to say they won't have marketing efforts for it here, but it would appear they won't be exclusive).

mabuza

Banned
for me the surprise here is people thinking sony was just going to just lie back and let microsoft take all the limelight for this game. this is one of the biggest games of this generation which will be moving tons of systems.
no one is going to give anyone exclusive nothing. if that had happened the sony execs will probably be claiming unemployment welfare by now.

StuBurns

Banned
Paracelsus said:
Err...do we even have the official confirmation for the LE in Europe?
Not as such, Payton mentioned there being three versions of the game (including the bundles) for each region but he didn't want to be specific because they aren't the same for all regions.

I was just hoping for a PAL LE, I guess not.

Busty

Banned
Doc Evils said:
£289??!

MEEEEGGAAATON!

Absolutely. I honestly can't stress enough how much business SCE are going to do in the UK with a GTA4-PS3 bundle that effectively has GTA4 given away for free.

There will be shortages. And the PS3 (and HD gaming as a whole) should knock the Wii off it's perch....well, for a week anyway.

Firewire said:
Its kind of weird, 19 days away from GTA4 and we haven't heard a thing from MS.
It is strange. Then again... we haven't really heard anything since Moore left.

It's like they don't know what they're doing.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
ZeroTolerance said:
CONFIRMED...Out 29th April | £299

SCEA hello ?

Fuck... that's just three days later the €89 I'm going to spend for Wii Fit... Guess GTIV+PS3 will have to wait a couple of weeks since after launch I would guess Wii Fit is going to be difficult to find, a lot of places have stopped taking preorders since a long time... damn.

A lot of casuals who pick up one of these ps3 bundles (or any of them in the past few months) are going to pissed when they find out about the dualshock3

keyrat

MrPing1000 said:
A lot of casuals who pick up one of these ps3 bundles (or any of them in the past few months) are going to pissed when they find out about the dualshock3

Casuals don't care for rumble. Sure, some might, but the majority don't even notice.

Kweh said:
How can they not put a DS3 in with this bundle (if it is indeed just a SIXAXIS in there)?

Europe has taken the task of getting rid of the mass surplus of sixaxis left over. Hence all the bundles with 2 controllers recently.

Gotta get rid of them somehow.

Draft

MrPing1000 said:
Let them be pissed. What are they going to do, return the system?

Xyphie

img_4577_1207818194.jpg

So apparently people have already started lining up for this bundle. Crazy. :lol

Doc Evils

MrPing1000 said:
Europe has taken the task of getting rid of the mass surplus of sixaxis left over. Hence all the bundles with 2 controllers recently.

Gotta get rid of them somehow.

Hasn't the sixaxis been discontinued in NA?

seems only natural to get rid of the PAL ones and then add the DS3 in a stealthy manner.

Mojovonio

Banned
I'll say it again. I can't wait till April-May NPDs.

I'm still going to say that GTA4 will sell more PS3s than 360s.

I haven't seen any sort of 360 marketing for it at all.

Wollan

Xyphie said:
So apparently people have already started lining up for this bundle. Crazy. :lol
Ever since LOTR it's become almost a sport in Scandinavia lining up the earliest for whatever event.

Yes. We're that hardcore.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Mojovonio said:

Here in the states, there is a big presence for it in stores for the 360. Go near any 360 kiosk and it is the only game being advertised.

Dunlop

Mojovonio said:

Yeah weird why MS is pushing this game harder....or at all

Just make it a $399US bundle and I'm in :D

Mojovonio

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
Here in the states, there is a big presence for it in stores for the 360. Go near any 360 kiosk and it is the only game being advertised.

I was running some errands yesterday, wen to Best Buy and EB. None of them had it advertised.

So I don't know how they're marketing it, if they're not in Canada.

Firewire

Banned
Mojovonio said:
I was running some errands yesterday, wen to Best Buy and EB. None of them had it advertised.

So I don't know how they're marketing it, if they're not in Canada.

I'm seeing adverts popping up all over the place for GT5P, I've seen one small banner for GTA4 but it didn't have any console attached to it.

Jim

I literally heard this morning, again, that the "official" bundle will not be available on launch day (more like weeks later). So I'd still say it isn't confirmed, but still possible.

One thing is for sure... the bundle itself is 150% confirmed (edit: not officially by Rockstar or Sony obviously, or we would have a press release), along with it being exclusive to the PS3. Absolutely 0 information about a U.S. bundle either way.

Top Bottom