• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 Bundle in Europe?

Firewire

Banned
Darunia said:
do you live on earth? come outside often? water... it is not always ocean blue

I have a cottage on a lake, so I know what water looks like! Thanks anyways.

Seriously on my monitor it looks like its brown? Does it look different for you?

zaidr

Goldrusher said:
1077_0001.jpg

wat!! where are you getting these screens? I need MOAR! MOOOOAAARRR!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Firewire said:

Seriously on my monitor it looks like its brown? Does it look different for you?

have you never seen water like that before? water can be dirty. god I'm not having this discussion, feels like you set out a trap for people to start discussing friggin water color and i'm not going to

after this post

starting now

zaidr

Firewire said:

It does look brown, but a believable brown, since its really a undertoned and darker version of the reflections. Notice the "red" sky?

Ranger X

pvpness said:
Really? I can tell you that I've had quite a few people coming in to buy the Rock Band bundle for 360 like crazy ever since they announced that the Wii version wouldn't have DLC. I know because I ask. I ask because I'm interested as to why they're buying it so late. Bizarre to not sell a RB bundle for 3 months and then to go out of stock within a week...

I'd say DLC being a major incentive is based on the game it's being released for.

:lol :lol tks to point the perfect exception. They exist for every rule and people are always fast poiting them out like it would prove any point. Rock Band long term sucess DOES depend on songs updates. duh.

Wollan

exarkun said:
The bundle art looks like sex. But, why would Sony still not release an official statement affirming the bundle if there is such a huge leak by retailers? Something similar happened with the original price cuts didn't it (retailer busting their bubble)?
Well, this is less than 24 hours old so there's hardly been any time to comment it. Also, Sony may have a deal in place where they couldn't reveal this before whatever date.

This is far more significant then DLC in terms of mindshare. I would hazard that the majority of people are unaware of future content for the 360. If MS want to make the DLC a selling point they need to let people know about it, otherwise this bundle will win out.

Elios83

Well you can consider this bundle an official thing, my friend at retail has just received the request order from Sony today :D

KZObsessed

Elios83 said:
Well you can consider this bundle an official thing, my friend at retail has just received the request order from Sony today :D

What country? When is the bundle launching? Thanx.

Jim

Hcoregamer00 said:
Okay, so the bundle is pretty much official.

Pages/days ago, it was. And yeah, confirmed to be coming roughly a month after the launch of the game, not the day OF. Anything on the day of launch, will likely be a retail bundle, not the official region-wide one with the packaging.

Elios83

Jim said:
Pages/days ago, it was. And yeah, confirmed to be coming roughly a month after the launch of the game, not the day OF. Anything on the day of launch, will likely be a retail bundle, not the official region-wide one with the packaging.

For US or Europe?:D

Wollan

Jim said:
May 1st has been thrown around now.

Also, Elios, spill it. Spill it. No one has a remote idea who your friend is or where he works.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jim said:

Oh, so does this mean that there may be a potential USA bundle?

After all, it will move those 40 gig models until they release the 80 gig model that should be more profitable.

Jim said:
Pages/days ago, it was. And yeah, confirmed to be coming roughly a month after the launch of the game, not the day OF.

So Rayne.S was right about it. He not only called that there would be a bundle but that it wouldn't come out until a month after the games release.

Hcoregamer00 said:
After all, it will move those 40 gig models until they release the 80 gig model that should be more profitable.

I definitely wouldn't assume that the 80GB model is more profitable.

What's the point of an official bundle if you can't market it?

Agent Ice and the poster with The Punisher avatar say Microsoft have exclusive marketing rights in Europe.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
beermonkey@tehbias said:
I definitely wouldn't assume that the 80GB model is more profitable.

I don't know, if they ever redesign the motherboard to incorporate some BC along with having smaller chips, it could be quite profitable.

WrikaWrek

Banned
If true, then that's a Rap for 360.

One of those things that you can't help but look at the situation and wonder wtf is MS doing?

Wax Free Vanilla said:

Agent Ice and the poster with The Punisher avatar say Microsoft have exclusive marketing rights in Europe.
I'm pretty sure Sony said they would be helping with the marketing of GTA IV in a GTTV interview. I don't think anyone has exclusive marketing rights for it.

Wollan

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Scott Steinberg mentioned that Sony would heavily market GTA4.
He's SCEA obviously but when you already see a bundle in EU..

Jim

Elios83 said:
For US or Europe?:D

Europe. No idea regarding the US yet.

BTW, SCEE's official response was (copy/pasted) "We haven't announced anything about a GTA IV bundle and therefore cannot comment ". Italics are mine.

This bundle does not preclude MS also marketing the game in some way of course. But the official GTA4 bundle is Sony's at the moment.

Rayne S is so far 150% right.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I wonder how MS will market the DLC. Will they put stickers on every package and posters in the stores, will they have every clerk state that there will be DLC in the fall when people purchase the game.

The bundle pack sony will be offering later is a step in the right direction but it would be better if the bundle had a collector's edition PS3 with the GTAIV logo on the PS3.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jim said:

makes sense. the game alone will sell shitloads, and shift existing PS3s. Then a month later, when the bulk of the 'must haves' have bought it at full margin, you bring out the bundle to get the next chunk of people.

Ploid 3.0

Like someone said before some time ago. I think MS is trying to sell live to 360 users that may not have gotten gold yet (do you need gold accounts to buy dlc?).

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ploid 3.0 said:
Like someone said before some time ago. I think MS is trying to sell live to 360 users that may not have gotten gold yet (do you need gold accounts to buy dlc?).

Nope, but the DLC could be something do with multi-player creating the incentive to want to buy XBL gold membership.

neojubei said:
Nope, but the DLC could be something do with multi-player creating the incentive to want to buy XBL gold membership.

I think the multiplayer alone, sans any promise of DLC, is what MS is hoping will move Live accounts in the early days. Remember, I think they sell subscriptions for as short as a month's worth.

Mrbob

SCEA would be dumb not to have this bundle.

In fact, during the summer months and you had two bundles to choose from (40GB GTA4 bundle 80GB MGS4 bundle) that would move a ton of systems during the slow months.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Wollan said:
You mean the non-existing confirmed never to happen EU one?

What? I thought the MGS4 bundle was confirmed by a press release from Sony. I can't tell if this is sarcasm or what.

Loudninja

squatingyeti said:
What? I thought the MGS4 bundle was confirmed by a press release from Sony. I can't tell if this is sarcasm or what.

It was not confirmed for EU though, that is what Wollan is saying.

SolidSnakex said:
So Rayne.S was right about it. He not only called that there would be a bundle but that it wouldn't come out until a month after the games release.
That's the first thing I thought. Looks like Rayne.S is vindicated. Even Jim confirmed this bundle.

Unban him so we can get more rumors.

Top Bottom