• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 Bundle in Europe?

MirageDwarf said:
That's the first thing I thought. Looks like Rayne.S is vindicated. Even Jim confirmed this bundle.

Unban him so we can get more rumors.

Well, the big thing was actually the whole Fallout 3 exclusivity which was debunked by the game's producer.

kenta

Has no PEINS
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Well, the big thing was actually the whole Fallout 3 exclusivity which was debunked by the game's producer.
If by debunked you mean "carefully danced around" then yes

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Well, I thought main problem was that people were immediately dismissing him as random poster without insider info. It is possible that he might be wrong on one of his rumors. My point is he seems legit.

FrankT

I wonder how long he was banned for? Anyhow, if this rumor does pan out, especially in the time frame he called it I am going to say that his F3 rumor carries much more water and may very well be true. Although he was banned for putting out insider info without any way to back it up.

The way Todd H. worded his response is quite interesting as well. Plans can change.

Doc Evils

Elios83 said:
Well you can consider this bundle an official thing, my friend at retail has just received the request order from Sony today :D

Damn those Sony megaton bombs will be dropping soon.

Firewire

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I wonder if they'll announce the bundle before launch...

Got my pre-order for GTA4, apparently the console wars are strong at my game store, guy put the pre-order down for 360, I fixed the issue rather quickly as it now states "GTA4 PS3" :lol

EDIT: Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread, my apologies.

AmMortal

Banned
http://img.game.se/veckansdk.html
shit just got real:

ps3offer_dk.jpg

Luckyman

Banned
Jtyettis said:
I wonder how long he was banned for? Anyhow, if this rumor does pan out, especially in the time frame he called it I am going to say that his F3 rumor carries much more water and may very well be true. Although he was banned for putting out insider info without any way to back it up.

He probably works at retail and saw this bundle coming. You can't call F3 just looking at a release list..

Firewire

Banned
VonGak! said:
Denmark judging by the Danish language and the DK part of the address (veckansdk.html)

Do they have women like this in Denmark, if so I love it just as much as Sweden! :lol
swede.jpg

VonGak!

Banned
Firewire said:
Do they have women like this in Denmark, if so I love it just as much as Sweden! :lol
swede.jpg

We got nothing but, which becomes rather boring in the length. :( What I wouldn't give for a hairy short tubby breastless dark haired girl who plays hard to get and doesn't constantly invites her girlfriends over for a EDIT: pillow-fight.

Firewire

Banned
VonGak! said:
We got nothing but, which becomes rather boring in the length. :( What I wouldn't give for a hairy short tubby breastless dark haired girl who plays hard to get and doesn't constantly invites her girlfriends over for a manage et trois.

:lol

mabuza said:
living in sweden thats all i see everyday. feel our pain ;(

I feel sorry for you....not!

Wollan

Action Jackson said:
Don't shatter my dreams! There will really be no MGS4 bundle for Europe?
SCEE said it two days after the MGS4 US bundle was announced.
No MGS4 bundle is being released in Europe.

Basically:

US: MGS4 80GB BC Dualshock 3 bundle in June
EU: GT5P Bundle March, GTA4 Bundle April/May
Japan: MGS4 Dualshock 3 bundle in June

Wollan

GamesIndustry.biz said:
Retail confirms PlayStation 3 GTA IV bundle

UK retailer Shopto has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that a PlayStation bundle with Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV is due for release in Europe on April 29.

The retailer said that there was some confusion as to who would be distributing the product in the UK – Gem, which has the exclusive distribution contract with publisher Take-Two, or Centresoft, the company that handles distribution for Sony.

"We know for a fact it is coming out in Europe and we are expecting an announcement in the UK any time," confirmed Igor Cipolletta, COO of Shopto.com.

"We are not sure if Gem or Centresoft are distributing it yet, that seems to be the hold up," he added.

The bundle has a RRP of GBP 299 and will go on sale the same day as the release of the highly-anticipated Rockstar game.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/retail-confirms-playstation-3-gta-iv-bundle

So they actually got the price below 300. Very ideal.

Wollan

Not necessary. It could be that they're pushing it a bit extra in the UK (I mean, it's the only place in EU where the X360 is competition).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'd wait for proper confirmation on price.

I wonder how this dealy was worked out. I'm assuming Sony is distributing. I wonder if they've block purchased copies of GTAIV for these bundles (as I'm guessing they've done for MGS4), or if T2 will only see money as the bundles are sold. If the former, I wonder just how many bundles they'll put out i.e. how many sales Sony are guaranteeing to T2.

Draft

That about wraps it up for Microsoft.

I guess Sony can now concentrate on taking down Nintendo.

What monsters they are.

Top Bottom