• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Alright, thanks.

Just preordered The Last Of Us Remastered for $60. How sad is it that we are all over these deals like it is a real deal and you are still paying $60+tax :(
I'm not all over them. I can wait on Batman being on sale before jumping on it.

zroid

Banned
I put in an order for both Sly and Borderlands on the Vita and because the order was over $20, shipping was free. The price of Sly is $19.99 and comes out before Borderlands, am I okay or do you guys think I'll be charged for shipping?

You're fine. Also $19.99 orders get free shipping too so you would be fine even if you ordered them separately. I'd recommend that as it makes it easier to cancel if necessary.

Returners

Damn I missed out on BL 2 Vita, but did manage to get the 10 off God of War Vita. Cancelling the Bestbuy one I got yesterday.

Basically, if the price of game is less than 70 bucks. Futureshop's deal is better.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Woops, just saw that $10 off thing, sorry. That's really shitty then. I also want Tomodachi with $10 off. :(

That's really stupid of their part, as the law only state that an english-only game can't be on the showfloor, only being the counter. Proof: they cancelled the preorder of Prof Layton Azran Legacy for everybody in Quebec, but the game is still widely available in-store here. Uuuuurgh.

EDIT: From a post on RedFlagDeals:

to override the "English Only" crap warning. Don't touch your address, just edit your credit card payment (but just select the one you already have on file) and enter the 3 CID number and submit order. It will by-pass that stupud language crap. It works all the time, including BB orders...

No idea if they won't cancel the order afterward, but it's worth giving a try.

khaaan

You're fine. Also $19.99 orders get free shipping too so you would be fine even if you ordered them separately. I'd recommend that as it makes it easier to cancel if necessary.
If the total order is above the price, it's fine.

Thanks guys, that's one less worry...especially cause I cancelled my Best Buy pre-orders before putting in a FS one. Breaking up the orders seems like solid advice, hopefully I'll stop being a lazy bum within the next hour or two and change my order.

Edit: And neither Sly nor Borderlands 2 is currently available online. Guess I'm sticking with my group order =P

Not for the Vita. =(

Ooooooohhhhh yyyyooooouuuuuu sonofagun.

As soon as I saw that it was for $35 I was on board but you shattered my dreams before I could even hit up the EB Games website.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Preordered Kirby 3D.

Witcher 3 and Evolve $40 each for PC. Tempting...

Ondore

Ended up with:

- Mario Golf
- Kirby Arch Deluxe
- Tomodachi Life
- Watch Dogs (WiiU) ($40 because of the stacked $10 offers)
- Hakuoki PS3 (regular edition)
- Hyrule Warriors ($55, ready to cancel at E3 if something better comes up)

Sly Cooper Collection for Vita was sold out before I could order it or I would've had that for $20.

SickBoy

I love it when stores sell out of preorders. I guess I'll have zero opportunity to buy Mario Golf via futureshop.ca between now and the time it comes out.

I love it when stores sell out of preorders. I guess I'll have zero opportunity to buy Mario Golf via futureshop.ca between now and the time it comes out.

They might put it back for preorder in a day or two, those sick bastards are just limiting the number of discounted preorders they are taking which is not promising, if they do the same with E3 offer (if they ever have one) it's gonna be really annoying for sooo many people!

ohlawd

yeah you're right. Mario Golf sold out :( gawd damn you real life. I'll keep checking here and there.

Overall haul between BB and FS

Sunset Overdrive
Halo
Quantum Break
Hyrule Warriors
X
Smash 4
SMT x FE
Tomodachi Life

Will cancel if E3 deals are legit (20 bucks or 33% off if they keep it the same)

Housh

I cancelled my Amazon preorder of Watch Dogs and went with FS because they deliver my games faster and I have a $90 credit. I also went ahead and preordered Wolfenstien :D

ohlawd

I cancelled my Amazon preorder of Watch Dogs and went with FS because they deliver my games faster and I have a $90 credit. I also went ahead and preordered Wolfenstien :D

That's why I don't order with Amazon if it and another site have something priced similarily. Amazon takes like 4-7 days for me. BB and FS are 2-3. All with free shipping. I can return but I'm a lazy pos so I don't wanna do it unless it's for a game I really want.

You know individual stores don't get unlimited copies of games, right

The idea of preorders (at least with games, not consoles where supply is actually constrained) is to take as many as needed until the few days leading up to release, and then decide how many games to bring in. Why would the Future Shop website already be sold out of a game they probably don't have in their warehouse?

i-Jest

OK, I think I've preordered everything I wanted from FS. Missed Kirby but got that from BB for a good price anyway. I'll be going through my BB orders to weed out the weak/unwanted. Now to wait for E3 for anything better. Your move now mang.

Maximus.

$35 FFX/X2 at EBGames today. New.

Thank you my man, ordered!

It sucks that Best Buy decided to fix their preorder system so late :/ Missed out on preordering a few more games that I wanted. Oh well..

EDIT: Oh sweet Futureshop deal made up for that!

SickBoy

They might put it back for preorder in a day or two, those sick bastards are just limiting the number of discounted preorders they are taking which is not promising, if they do the same with E3 offer (if they ever have one) it's gonna be really annoying for sooo many people!

<RainierWolfcastle.jpg> ;)

I expect it'll be back up for preorder by sometime during the week. I suppose you never can tell, maybe they work to confirm they can get a certain allocation before they open up preorders wide, but I have a hard time giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Oh well, preordered Destiny. I have an Amazon preorder as well, but I'll probably cancel that for all the popular reasons -- the time it takes, the ease of return at Future Shop, etc.

Roto13

The idea of preorders (at least with games, not consoles where supply is actually constrained) is to take as many as needed until the few days leading up to release, and then decide how many games to bring in. Why would the Future Shop website already be sold out of a game they probably don't have in their warehouse?

The point of preorders, presumably, is to let them know how many copies to buy from the distributor though.

There's still a limit.

So the game will show up as out of stock until after release day?

Unlikely, they obviously limit each game for this specific sale.

They also want to have some copies on hand for people who don't pre-order. You shouldn't have to pre-order a game to be able to buy it on release day.

There's still a limit.

They also want to have some copies on hand for people who don't pre-order. You shouldn't have to pre-order a game to be able to buy it on release day.

Haha everything you're saying only makes sense for a physical location, not a website.

Luigi87

Pre-ordered Mario Kart 8 at FS.
That $10 is a lot better for me than the 15% from BB, since I could just save 15% at my own job, lol

espher

I'm so on the fence w/ Mario Golf that $25 might have been a buy but $35 is a pass.

Now to think about Tomodachi Life...

Considering Mario Kart at Future Shop... though I don't even own a Wii U quite yet. :) Do you think there's chance of a better deal some time in May or June?

zroid

Banned
Considering Mario Kart at Future Shop... though I don't even own a Wii U quite yet. :) Do you think there's chance of a better deal some time in May or June?

On MK8? Proooobably not.

No reason not to pre-order just in case, if you're even considering it. Can always cancel or return.

Top Bottom