• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nidhogg Coming to PS Vita: Cross-Buy, Online Play, and More

oh wow. cross platform play.
X4FbUTY.png

Will play this on the vita but wish there was a ps3 version as well for those wiht no ps4 or a vit.

hawk2025

Not the point. This game would EASILY run on the PS3. Besides, I already have a current generation console. Why should I spend money on a second one?

You "should" do whatever you like, but clearly you want to play its games :)

Just download it on Steam, surely you have a laptop that can run this.

SerTapTap

oh wow. cross platform play.
X4FbUTY.png

Will play this on the vita but wish there was a ps3 version as well for those wiht no ps4 or a vit.

PS TV should tide those non-PS4 owning indie lovers for a while, assuming support is good. Hoping that PS TV support is super easy to certify for devs so indies can get in on it.

Ad-hoc play is great. Also, I'm really pleasantly surprised that online play is coming. I thought that latency was the major barrier to preventing couch co-op from titles from really flourishing online? I've heard really mixed things about Nidhogg's online mp on PC, and I don't think Sony would allow them to include online play as a feature in the PS4 or Vita version if it wasn't a really solid experience so I'm wondering what changed between then and now? This is another day 1 purchase for me though. Can't wait!

Aw shit.

Time to get that handheld dick.

Just unzip?

Twiccan

Neo Member
You "should" do whatever you like, but clearly you want to play its games :)

Just download it on Steam, surely you have a laptop that can run this.

EXACTLY why I'm mystified that they are not bringing it to PS3. I do have a laptop and this runs great on it.

Day1, whenever that may be!

EXACTLY why I'm mystified that they are not bringing it to PS3. I do have a laptop and this runs great on it.

Expensive PS3 devkit and requires PS3 programming knowledge. PS4 version is quite easy to port from the PC.

Twiccan

Neo Member
At the end of long workdays I don't have the energy and focus to play PS4 or Steam, all that works for me is to lay in bed with my Vita and relax. It's awesome.

So buy a Vita.

That's what Saltybet is for. Best $5 I ever spent, too, for a month of "Illuminati" membership.

awesome deal. i dont have a vita or PS4 so I will stick to the Steam version for now, but I'm down to double dip when I eventually grab a PS4/PSTV in the future.

Hylian7

Glad to see this game coming to more platforms.

Funny story, my girlfriend (casual, only plays Mario Kart with me, her point and click adventure games she got on the Steam sale, which she hated me for introducing her to :p) played this with me using Steam in home streaming the other day. At first she didn't get it, then I told her the basics and she started playing it against me. After a couple of minutes, she caught on and was getting into it like I was. Definitely a great "party" versus game, one of those games you pass controllers around and take turns.

Hugstable

Banned
"This is supposed to be brilliant? Really! Maybe if it was on megadrive 20 years ago"

First post on the eu blog. God I hate people.

Yeah they sadly didn't Get That Dick yet. This game is overall amazing and me and my brother have a great time playing each othwr all the time on the Steam version. Will def pick up Vita versiom for maximum portable Niddhogg action.

Edit: wow I need to stop posting off my phine... that spelling was all over the place, made me look drunk.

Twiccan

Neo Member
Yeah they sadly didn't Get That Dick yet. This game is overall amazing and me and my brother have a great time playing each othwr all the time on the Steam version. Will def pick up Vita versiom for maximum portable Niddhogg action.

Edit: wow I need to stop posting off my phine... that spelling was all over the place, made me look drunk.

Nah, you're phine... :p

"The PS4 version works online as well, and you can even play online across systems (Vita vs PS4!!). If you’re out of wifi range and you just want to play someone on the bus you can do that in Vita to Vita ad-hoc mode. If you just have one Vita and two people, you can still play! The left stick controls one player and the right stick controls the other!"

Day one!

Corpekata

Banned
I'd temper excitement if you don't have a local person to play with. The online netcode in the steam version is rather bad. Fantastic game in local though, though I don't know if I can see the "two person on one vita" thing working well.

SmokyDave

I'd temper excitement if you don't have a local person to play with. The online netcode in the steam version is rather bad. Fantastic game in local though, though I don't know if I can see the "two person on one vita" thing working well.
I can see it working fantastically. Involves a fair amount of cheating and violence, but gotta be good for a laugh.

It's the method I'll resort to once my missus gets better than me over ad-hoc.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I can see it working fantastically. Involves a fair amount of cheating and violence, but gotta be good for a laugh.

It's really fun to play Divekick that way and I see no reason Nidhogg wont be the same.

Dragon

Banned
Not the point. This game would EASILY run on the PS3. Besides, I already have a current generation console. Why should I spend money on a second one?

Because MS have a horrible parity clause that prevents some devs from using them?

Mechazawa

Please do not buy this game if your only intent is to play online without hearing impressions first.

The netcode on the PC version is utter fucking trash.

Ashtar

I wonder if my wife will hate me if I play it with her (we re both very competitive) anyway I'll buy it day one maybe play online wheh I'm on long call days

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Considering the style of game, forcing you to share a controller could be genius :)

Does the PS4 version support that?

Top Bottom