• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

makes sense when you think about it and no, I don't think Labour Day has anything to do with it. you complaining might have resulted in giving you better service for the other games you've ordered.

My Danganronpa 2 CE from the NIS store also shipped or is about to be. oh god no spoilers in this thread kthx

not actual DR spoilers
I don't actually give a fuck. I'll probably hate this game just as much as the first

hupla

Lol, Futureshop just shipped my PL v. AA. Way to make that shipping date...

At least I will get it on Tuesday...

Weird though, I don't think they've ever missed first day delivery for me before. I have always received them first day or even a day or two early.

same. Mine just shipped a few hours ago and normally id have it by now its weird.

Firestar

Weird...

Amazon.ca shipped Danganronpa 2. That releases on Tuesday.

I've complained a lot about Amazon.ca shipping in this thread for being way late. Just 2 weeks ago they were way late with Xillia 2 and I had to complain. Now this is shipping before release. So strange.

Best Buy shipped my Layton too.

Mine shipped on Wednesday with two-day shipping and still has an expected delivery of September 3rd. Hopefully it's wrong, otherwise, release day delivery my ass.
It's also shipping from BC even though I live in NB. They really didn't have stock in Mississauga? I don't understand amazon.

frequency

Mine shipped on Wednesday with two-day shipping and still has an expected delivery of September 3rd. Hopefully it's wrong, otherwise, release day delivery my ass.
It's also shipping from BC even though I live in NB. They really didn't have stock in Mississauga? I don't understand amazon.

I have free shipping. It shipped from Mississauga and is expected to be here Sept 2.

I agree. I really don't understand Amazon.

Weird...

Amazon.ca shipped Danganronpa 2. That releases on Tuesday.

I've complained a lot about Amazon.ca shipping in this thread for being way late. Just 2 weeks ago they were way late with Xillia 2 and I had to complain. Now this is shipping before release. So strange.

Best Buy shipped my Layton too.

What the I don't even...

It seems that Amazon never gets anything ON release day. It's either before or after release day. There's no middle ground. Amazon pls.

Personally the only thing I ever got on release day and on time from them was Bravely Default. Everything is always late in some way and it's always either a day late (Demon Gaze), or a week late (Blazblue), and then there are times where I don't even know what happened. Like apparently Neptunia is on transit to the post office from Mississauga... And has been that way for an entire day. I live in Toronto. They probably stopped by a Motel or something...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Has anybody else with a Visa Debit card used it on the eshop recently?

I swear I couldn't get it to work before, months ago, then I randomly tried it again to pre-purchase the Mario Kart DLC and it worked.

DaBoss

I swear I couldn't get it to work before, months ago, then I randomly tried it again to pre-purchase the Mario Kart DLC and it worked.
I used it on the 3DS to buy a few games. Also used it on the Wii U, but I got one in June, so I can't say whether there was an issue with using a Visa Debit card or not on the Wii U.

My copy has also shipped from amazon Richmond, Canada post shows expected delivery today while the amazon site tracking shows delivery for the 2nd and the order is still listed as 'pre-ordered' and not shipped. A bit annoying that it's seemingly held now and I'm wondering if it's because of retail date restrictions.
secretly I still have the first danganronpa in its cellophane so it's not really a big deal lol

As a side note I now totally understand the complaints against non-prime amazon holding orders. I ordered an in stock book from amazon.com on Tuesday and it is still listed 'shipping soon' it's really frustrating to think they stagger shipments to give prime members priority but it really seems to be the case.

chrono01

My LE copy of Danganronpa 2 shipped too! \o/

I just got a notification from Amazon.ca concerning my Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus pre-order, though. Apparently it's been delayed until October 14th?

ohlawd

My LE copy of Danganronpa 2 shipped too! \o/

I just got a notification from Amazon.ca concerning my Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus pre-order, though. Apparently it's been delayed until October 14th?

I complained about that earlier

Even EB Games have it on the 14th now.

$10 on me getting my DR2 LE first >:)

I have free shipping. It shipped from Mississauga and is expected to be here Sept 2.

I agree. I really don't understand Amazon.

FWIW my Amazon.ca copy of DanganRonpa 2 hasn't shipped yet. I assume it's partially because I live in downtown Toronto, which is too close to Amazon's shipping warehouse to guarantee an earlier ship date that could conceivably make it in time for release day.

chrono01

I complained about that earlier

Even EB Games have it on the 14th now.

$10 on me getting my DR2 LE first >:)
Well damn it. That's unfortunate. :/

As for you getting it first, it's entirely possible. Although, the last NISA game reached me in about seven days. That was quite surprising to me, being in central Alberta.

FWIW my Amazon.ca copy of DanganRonpa 2 hasn't shipped yet. I assume it's partially because I live in downtown Toronto, which is too close to Amazon's shipping warehouse to guarantee an earlier ship date that could conceivably make it in time for release day.

I live in downtown Toronto and mine shipped today.

Luigi87

I'm in Hamilton... Mine didn't ship =(

Jinto

As for you getting it first, it's entirely possible. Although, the last NISA game reached me in about seven days. That was quite surprising to me, being in central Alberta.

I pre-ordered like 4 copies of DR2 just to make sure one gets here on time. The only one that's shipped is the LE. Man, doesn't look like I'll be getting it on release day. It's the game I'm most hyped about this year too. They better have it in-store somewhere besides EB Games.

chrono01

I pre-ordered like 4 copies of DR2 just to make sure one gets here on time. The only one that's shipped is the LE. Man, doesn't look like I'll be getting it on release day. It's the game I'm most hyped about this year too. They better have it in-store somewhere besides EB Games.
Haha, insane.

I applaud your dedication, sir.

Vamphuntr

BB shipped Layton and DR2 in two separate orders on the same day. How inefficient.

I hope you guys get a better build quality for your DR2 LE. The LE for the first one was really weak. The outer cardboard box was super frail and unglued itself on mine, the soundtrack was bad and the "artbook" was pathetic.

ohlawd

DR2 LE has more stuff inside so I'm hoping it's an actual box with flaps this time.

I miss their Atelier LEs. Those ran me almost 80 bucks each though.

Beats

I think a month or two ago it started working for me. I wasn't able to use it on the eshop at all before.

I hate you I live in the City of Toronto area and mine is still being processed in the warehouse. Life is unfair.

Hehehehe. If it helps because of labour day I probably won't get it till release day anyway.

Right, I assume the other parts are a) I got the free shipping option, b) Amazon just generally hates me, and c) I'm forever cursed to never receive anything that releases on a Friday on time.

Makes sense. I have the free student two day shipping.

i-Jest

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I saw it on Canada CAG: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334848-destinynhl15madden15fifa15-ps4xbone-5384-shipped/

DESTINY/NHL15/MADDEN15/FIFA15 PS4/XBONE - $53.84 SHIPPED

Warm deal here.

Step by step instructions to get this deal.

1. Create a new account on Shop.ca

2. Close the browser

3. Go to http://woobox.com/g2hy2y to get a $15 coupon

4. IMPORTANT: Turn off ADBLOCKER or ADBLOCKPLUS on your browser if you have it active, or it will affect your cash rebate

5. Sign up for a new account at http://EBATES.COM to get 7.5% rebate (note that this is not ebates.ca, it's ebates.com, there is reason for this, scroll down to read) + you'll $5 sign-up bonus
After signing up on EBATES.COM, in the search bar, type SHOP.CA (this is required to get 7.5% cash rebate)
6. Once you are back to SHOP.CA, search for "destiny" or "nhl 15" or "fifa 15" or "madden 15", find the PS4 or XB ONE version and add the item to your cart
7. Apply the $15 off coupon

8. Checkout like usual

9. After checking out, turn back on your ADBLOCKER or ADBLOCKPLUS on your browser

Math:
Item cost: $69.99
Ontario TAX 13% = 69.99*1.13=$79.09
DISCOUNT $15 coupon: $79.09-$15=$64.09
EBATES 7.5% Cash Back = $5.25 + $5.00 sign-up bonus

$64.09-$10.25=$53.84 SHIPPED!

NOTE:

Do not use ebates.ca since this is from the conditions, so use ebates.com instead as it doesn't seem to be in the terms!

Reward : Cash Back is not available on Video Game Consoles, Video Games, Video Game Accessories, Gas Cards, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates or any eGift Card purchases at this time.

Cash back will not be honoured on bulk purchases for more than first unit purchased.

If it was already reported I apologize. I clearly missed something.

..So how easy is it to cancel a pre-order from ebgames.ca?

destiny_codoffer.jpg

EDIT: nvm, got a code from a good friend.

zroid

Banned
Two things:

1) McDonalds has new Nintendo toys in, this time Pokémon themed. They are little Pokéballs containing one of either Fennekin, Froakie, Chespin, Yveltal, Xerneas, or Pikachu. Each one also comes packed with two PTCG cards.

2) When I was at the McDonalds this evening, two people in Link cosplay walked in LOL. Probably coming from Fan Expo. :p

zroid

Banned
BTW did anyone who ordered Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright during that promo for $22.49 get a bizarrely high amount of Reward Zone points credited to their account? I got 22 bonus points for Gamer's Club, but 322 base points... It's weird.

Sora_N

BTW did anyone who ordered Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright during that promo for $22.49 get a bizarrely high amount of Reward Zone points credited to their account? I got 22 bonus points for Gamer's Club, but 322 base points... It's weird.

I didn't get any points yet but somehow I had 722 points pending from Aug 3. Didn't even buy anything from them that would have that many points.

ohlawd

nah it looks like I got the standard amount + bonus

and I completely forgot my BB certs. oh my fuck, they all expired. SHIT. I think I had enough to almost cover the cost of a full priced console game.

zroid

Banned
I didn't get any points yet but somehow I had 722 points pending from Aug 3. Didn't even buy anything from them that would have that many points.

You sure that's not for PLvsPW? I ordered mine on Aug 4, so the date seems about right. BB credits points from the date you place the order, not the date it ships. But the points only actually appear on your account after the item ships. Again, it's weird. :p

Top Bottom