• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Does the chance to raise BB go down as it gets higher?

Wondering if there is a point to saving the frogs at all until BB lvl 8-9 instead of just using them right away?

Yes, dramatically so. It's best to use your frogs for the last 1 or 2 bb levels.

Shouta

Thanks to that frog, I finally got a super BB on Selena. Regen and damage should help bolster Elimo. =o

Oh ass. I accidentally sold my Bat Mimic instead of my regular one. i was going to evolve into a metal mimic to Evolve my other ones. D=

Phades

Thanks to that frog, I finally got a super BB on Selena. Regen and damage should help bolster Elimo. =o

Oh ass. I accidentally sold my Bat Mimic instead of my regular one. i was going to evolve into a metal mimic to Evolve my other ones. D=

Agni region has been about 1 in 3 runs for a mimic with a slight bias towards bat mimics (lv2). My go to place used to be cordelica fire cavern, but a while back something changed and I haven't seen them there anymore.

lordcyno

Metal mimics also drop in Wednesday dungeon now if you want to save the 200k and metal units.

Shouta

Agni region has been about 1 in 3 runs for a mimic with a slight bias towards bat mimics (lv2). My go to place used to be cordelica fire cavern, but a while back something changed and I haven't seen them there anymore.

Metal mimics also drop in Wednesday dungeon now if you want to save the 200k and metal units.

I'll try Agni then. I could wait for tomorrow but I'm literally out of space right now because of evolution mats. I want to get rid of some of this junk, lol.

Gonna evolve Karl, Signa,s and Rishil and I have a Lira standing by tooo.

Phades

The servers have been iffy for the past few days. I'm not sure if its anything specific to the quest maps or just today or not.

chrono01

The servers have been iffy for the past few days. I'm not sure if its anything specific to the quest maps or just today or not.
Thanks, I guess I'll just wait and hope they fix it.

On the upside, my Oulu finally reached SSB8! I'm tempted to use a few of my Burst Frogs to finish the process since getting those last two SSB points will likely be hell...

Phades

They have given out 2 more today (check your in box), so that should make your decision easier on the concience. Furthermore, the next season of FH should be anytime now tonight or delayed to tomorrow, so it isn't entirely a fixed resource at present.
I'm envious btw. Good job with the unit!

There are some speculating at a burst frog dungeon impending release, but I don't even know if that exists in the JP version fo the game or not. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

chrono01

They have given out 2 more today (check your in box), so that should make your decision easier on the concience. Furthermore, the next season of FH should be anytime now tonight or delayed to tomorrow, so it isn't entirely a fixed resource at present.
I'm envious btw. Good job with the unit!

There are some speculating at a burst frog dungeon impending release, but I don't even know if that exists in the JP version fo the game or not. I'm not holding my breath on that one.
Haha, thanks. It's a Guardian too, which makes me even more happy. :)

By the way, I ended up using two Burst Frogs. I figured the Unit deserved it, considering how much I'll be using it, and I had around 7 or so to spare. I think it's worth the retaining of my sanity, I was really getting tired with the SBB farming so at least that's done for now.

Of course, now I have to work on the other units, such as Uda, Lodin, etc. It never ends!

A Burst Frog dungeon would be great. I believe the JP version got one a while back [it was only a single run through, though, so you couldn't repeat it], so it'd be nice if we got that same treatment. Even if they dropped from various other dungeons as a rare drop, at least it would give us something different to farm.

Finished Vargas dungeon, but had to use 8 gems. Needed Dandelga for FH6 which should start in a little over an hour. Couldn't get Douglas SBB. Hopefully get to Terminus this time.

HomesIice

Just ran a SMP and got 3 kings and 2 gods :'(
In other news, still stuck on FH End ahhhh
Might swap out my healer/Logan (ST BB) and see how I go

My secondary account just beat End for the first time, and barely got enough points for its first Medulla Gem.

Hoo-flippin-ray.

Luly is a lifesaver for an account with no "real" healers.

On the End, I had bosses which threw curses and paralysis that slowed me down when I ran out of curatives. Barely got 600k due to the status effects stopping my group. On my next attempt, I brought a four star Altro and a Felneus helper. Douglas SBB is a godsend. Spark all day and SBB every turn.
I got the Medulla Gem and Evil Shard on that attempt. Woohoo, finally done with the End!

Got wrecked on Terminus stage 2 a few hours ago. Not sure how I'm gonna beat Aisha's group.

Phades

My secondary account just beat End for the first time, and barely got enough points for its first Medulla Gem.

Hoo-flippin-ray.

Luly is a lifesaver for an account with no "real" healers.
Yeah, it is really night and day what it is like to use a fully built and rounded team isn't it? Not that I have one though, I'm still chasing that train...

On the End, I had bosses which threw curses and paralysis that slowed me down when I ran out of curatives. Barely got 600k due to the status effects stopping my group. On my next attempt, I brought a four star Altro and a Felneus helper. Douglas SBB is a godsend. Spark all day and SBB every turn.
I got the Medulla Gem and Evil Shard on that attempt. Woohoo, finally done with the End!

Got wrecked on Terminus stage 2 a few hours ago. Not sure how I'm gonna beat Aisha's group.

Terminus is really no joke honestly. Either you have top of the line units and roll through it, bumps and bruises along the way, and get 1.5~2+ million points and then spam it to seat you in the top ranks netting +4 or more to the hunter ranking at the end of the season. I couldn't do it last time and got stuck on the loch stage getting painfully close each time. This time around, the 2nd wave of sybils stopped me cold and even then I didn't manage 400k points, which is just sad to me. For that, it seems you either roll critspam or Oulu/multi healer. I'm still reconsidering my strategy for that one, because I'm tired of being locked out of +3 hunter rank at the end of it.

commish

Terminus is really no joke honestly. Either you have top of the line units and roll through it, bumps and bruises along the way, and get 1.5~2+ million points and then spam it to seat you in the top ranks netting +4 or more to the hunter ranking at the end of the season. I couldn't do it last time and got stuck on the loch stage getting painfully close each time. This time around, the 2nd wave of sybils stopped me cold and even then I didn't manage 400k points, which is just sad to me. For that, it seems you either roll critspam or Oulu/multi healer. I'm still reconsidering my strategy for that one, because I'm tired of being locked out of +3 hunter rank at the end of it.

I'm still using my BB spam team of 2 dougs and two fel leaders plus whatever else is sitting around. You definitely don't need a crit team.

Phades

How are you avoiding getting wiped out then, since you aren't bringing grah or not wiping them out in a similar fashion?

I can definately see how it would rake in the spark points though.

commish

How are you avoiding getting wiped out then, since you aren't bringing grah or not wiping them out in a similar fashion?

I can definately see how it would rake in the spark points though.

I don't know... everyone has a leg/medulla gem and I'm able to kill most enemies in a few rounds. It's rare for any enemy to kill my guys outright in any particular round, and since I generate so much spam, my guys are usually healed to full after every attack.

Phades

On a few occasions, on the first retaliation attack, I had 1-2 of my folks tapped out since they were spamming their skills too. This would be punching through def pot + def buff (Ramna) and scoring ~7-8k+ damage in one round.

Lockon

Wow I finally beat terminus!
My team: Felneus leader, Douglas, Melchio, 2 Serins. And a Felneus friend. All use legwork/medulla gem.

I wouldn't have survived if it isn't for Melchio resistant buffs and Serins' Injury effect. Most units you fight against can be inflict with injury it seem lol. Grah was a joke the whole round until the last 10% when he used an AoE move that removed his debuffs before hand. My Melchio didn't die too. Only 32 HP left though lol.

Also I used the balance item set.

I defeated Terminus with a Douglas/BB squad as well, although I did bring along a Tree for status protection plus occasional heals.

My impression is this one's easier to survive, harder to score points on than the last one, but I still managed to get the Legwand Gem. It's just I barely got there this time, last time I was like 50% higher than needed.

lordcyno

Thankful for Frontier Hunter since it always seem to come around when I have no money to evolve.

Beat Terminus with a crit team and got all the rewards for the first time.

Lockon

Hah that was funny, Grah in frontier hunter Terminus hit me for 1 dmg per hit.

Grah with injury + Leorone's buffs + def pot = Grah hitting for 1 dmgs.

Phades

I'd laugh if i saw that too. Usually stuff in FH is more difficult than comparable stuff outside of it. In this instance, the reverse is true.

It does make me wonder though, if tillith and maxwell end up making appearances (character forms rather than boss ones) inside FH at some point. I mean, they essentially covered all the other major ones already.

Got to Leorone's group and got them down to 1/3 with the exception of Gravion. 52k from those 3 burst frogs and I'm still using a 5 star Melchio. Will try later once I get the evo mats to evolve him. Time to put those 3 gems to some good use.

Phades

Dang. I was so used to getting all those free gems.
Real shame it finally ended.

At least they are still continuing the prior promotion, which started in august, that gives out a gem once every 3 days. Hopefully they finish that one out and then do a new one for 1 million likes in October.

-----

Edit: I'm really surprised at how terminus works in regard to status effect in that, they actually work and make a huge difference to the team's survivability. Actually seeing injury and paralysis actually stick was refreshing. Seeing how much injury reduced the inbound damage was surprising going from getting hit for the mid 100s to single digits shocked me. I'm not quite understanding the damage output aspect difference though entirely, since more successful teams are making kills in 3 turns and charging most BBs on turn 1.

I don't think it's 1 gem in 3 days, considering it first told me "Log in 6 more days to get 1 free gem!" I think it's something new. Like a guaranteed gem/week.

I just had 3 Arena orbs where I went 0-3. During those 3 battles I had 11 chances at a BB and wen 0-11. Meanwhile my opponent had 5 chances and used all 5.

I think I've convinced myself that the way they "balance" the Arena in spite of the overwhelming advantage of going first is by giving the opponent a massive increased chance to use a BB.

Which in the Lodin/Lira/Falron/Ophelia/<insert light/dark unit here> days we live in is total crap. And I thought the Serin-brigade was bad.

*EDIT* Have you guys seen this?

http://bravefrontierpros.tumblr.com/rawskillsdb?

Someone on Reddit extracted the raw data, and the bravefrontierpros people put it in an easy searchable database. Interesting stuff.

HomesIice

I don't think it's 1 gem in 3 days, considering it first told me "Log in 6 more days to get 1 free gem!" I think it's something new. Like a guaranteed gem/week.

I just had 3 Arena orbs where I went 0-3. During those 3 battles I had 11 chances at a BB and wen 0-11. Meanwhile my opponent had 5 chances and used all 5.

I think I've convinced myself that the way they "balance" the Arena in spite of the overwhelming advantage of going first is by giving the opponent a massive increased chance to use a BB.

Which in the Lodin/Lira/Falron/Ophelia/<insert light/dark unit here> days we live in is total crap. And I thought the Serin-brigade was bad.

Someone on Reddit extracted the raw data, and the bravefrontierpros people put it in an easy searchable database. Interesting stuff.

BFpros is my goto for unit information, it's great!
---
This 2x exp is a godsend, have done nothing but fourfold pillar omg

Kreed

Ended up 5000 away from the Legwand Gem in Frontier Hunter for my final run (without beating Grahdens). Would have done much better if I had summoned Douglas earlier than Saturday evening (got him to lvl 60 with Sbb lvl 1). Still, it's crazy how much easier he made Terminus. Hopefully I'll have him and my other units ready next time around.

Phades

A lot of those quick charge units have 60% use rate on their BB, while most other units are 60% (conditional item) 20% normal. This is similar to the hit distribution % where some units are like 120% damage potential, while others are around 80%.

It is kind of dumb to be honest.

Kreed

A lot of those quick charge units have 60% use rate on their BB, while most other units are 60% (conditional item) 20% normal. This is similar to the hit distribution % where some units are like 120% damage potential, while others are around 80%.

It is kind of dumb to be honest.

I'm probably one of the few that didn't know this, but looking at that site, a lot of the buffs values are different depending on the unit (example 6 Star Lance Defense Buff vs 6 Star Zelban Defense Buff). I was assuming all the buff values were the same. Wish I had looked into this a few days ago.

Phades

I'm probably one of the few that didn't know this, but looking at that site, a lot of the buffs values are different depending on the unit (example 6 Star Lance Defense Buff vs 6 Star Zelban Defense Buff). I was assuming all the buff values were the same. Wish I had looked into this a few days ago.

I'm sure there are roughly 800,000 folks with the game installed that haven't even bothered to think about these sorts of things at all (I'm going off the assumption that the 1m+ downloads are both unique and an accurate figure).

These are the sorts of things that make Michelle, SGX, Raydn/Douglas, Dilma, etc "top tier" and so common to see among more advanced accounts. Hell, even among those who did care and were at one point trying to reverse engineer mechanics, were surprised at things like crystal drop checks, check modifiers, and other factors which changed their opinions about a few units in general.

Fat good a lot of that does if you don't actually have the units in question unfortunately. While you are going down that route, be sure to hit up the damage forumla mechanics. I mean, you can see units with ~+700% damage for a SBB for example, but that is an additive figure in the damage calculation, like leader skills, stat orbs, potions, buffs, etc. while other things like increase critical damage and anything modifying elemental weakness damage and sparks is multiplicative on the final value in addition to hit distribution variation. At which point, some folks get cynical about even things like +atk rating since it is such a small % increase in damage for the real heavy hitters in the game compared to other modifiers. The same is true on the defensive end, since it carries 1/3rd the weight and straight damage reduction is king (if it is even required in the first place once you get done multiplying everything to the heavens).

Shouta

So many units to upgrade, so little energy.

Now that I have a solid mono-teams that I want, I can now focus on making rainbow teams that I wanted to when I started the game, lol.

Phades

Metal mimics are going to be my roadblock. I made some in advance of needing them while fullfilling tuesday/thursday daily requirements, but I'm still short 3 of them so far for everyone I have currently (borbegia, Alyut, Raydn). The extention of the tuesday and thursday events over the weekend was rather nice.

Energy hurts too without the gems daily anymore, but getting metal gods instead of crystals seems to be an enigma as they seem to share the same place for spawn chance in the regular parades. I probably have better odds at pulling 2 of them out of the daily gifts box.

It just feels like Gumi is trying to prep us (or drain resources out of us, depending on the point of view) for something coming up soon.

Phades

I've gotten 0 in about 10 runs so far. So, I'm desperate. I also needed about 8 lv2 mimics anyhow, but i well blew past that quota easily.

Shouta

Defender units and I get another Ramna and a Havoc Girl Luly? WHERE'S MAH TESLA

Oh man. I finally got him after pulling way too many times. -_- Fucking Zelban came out way more than it should.

Phades

How many pulls in total did it take? I could use/need one too, but with 6 units being "featured" plus RNG being a general douche, i'm just deciding on passing on this event and waiting on Darvanshel.

I've tried before for both him and elimo with no joy. At least 10 pulls each in total.

Shouta

Too many, WAY too many. like a dozen pulls at least when accounting for the ones I saved up and the ones I bought. It really sucked. =/

chrono01

Congrats on the Tesla, Shouta. I'm just about the finish leveling mine [I had to wait until I maxed his SSB first, despite not "really" needing it for Maxwell]. Already its stats are insane, I can't wait until I hit Level 100 [which I should, later today].

Lv. 74/100

Guardian:

HP - 6893
ATK - 1604
DEF - 2297
REC - 1472

That HP/Defense...

Shouta

Thanks. It's a Breaker is the only downside. Or I guess it's a plus because it keeps up with the rest of my units.

I also have an Elimo in my team and I should have her at SBB pretty soon. I also run a mono water team most of the time. so i can switch leaders when necessary for the power.

chrono01

Thanks. It's a Breaker is the only downside. Or I guess it's a plus because it keeps up with the rest of my units.

I also have an Elimo in my team and I should have her at SBB pretty soon. I also run a mono water team most of the time. so i can switch leaders when necessary for the power.
No worries about the Breaker, any Tesla is better than no Tesla. Besides, if you're super-serious about the Type, I hear we're eventually getting Type Frogs so you can change it to something else if it's really bothering you [although those will likely be as rare as Burst Frogs].

I still need an Elimo, although I'm saving all of my Magic Gems for Zelnite's batch [as are many others, most likely]. Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little intrigued with the upcoming Player's Choice batch. Six voted Units for increased summoning, including a possible Michelle, Zellha, Melchio, Duel-GX, Luther, Lunaris [all currently have high votes, Michelle, Duel-GX, and Zellha are virtually guaranteed to be in there though with their current votes], make it pretty tempting...

Phades

Too many, WAY too many. like a dozen pulls at least when accounting for the ones I saved up and the ones I bought. It really sucked. =/

Damn, that isn't encouraging at all, but at least you have one now. The rest is comparatively "easy". ^_^;

3 pulls, got Bolt Amy, Duel-GX(OH YEAH BABY) and Luly. Funny enough, none of the units with increased rates. RNG screwed me there, but got Duel-gx. Not planning to use Amy or Luly, so they might be fused away. Really wanted Tesla. =/

Just as I was saying the giveaway stuff was fun while it lasted, we're getting one more period of prizes, among other things, thanks to 1 million Facebook likes!

Event Period:
PST: Sept 23rd, 2014, 00:00 - Oct 8th, 2014, 23:59
PDT: Sept 23rd, 2014, 01:00 - Oct 9th, 2014, 00:59

Greetings Summoners! We did it! Or more appropriately, YOU DID IT! You got us there. In light of this milestone, we would like to say thank you for your support and for helping us reach 1 Million Facebook Likes!

Words are not enough to thank everyone. So we will turn our appreciation into action! Celebrate these events with us:

1. For our new Summoners, there will be quest bonuses at the first 3 maps for the whole event period:
· Half Energy on certain maps
· 1.5 Exp on certain maps
· Selected areas will be refreshed every day.

2. Beginner's Friendly Daily Task (Sept 23 - 30 PST)
· For the event period only, daily task will be modified as follows:
a. First Task: Quest 5x (20 points)
b. Second Task: Fusion 10x (15 points)
c. Third Task: Crafting 15x (15 points)
· Special items (discounted summon tickets) will be available for 500 points in redemption page (maximum of 1 redemption only).

3. GIVEAWAYS! (All rewards are claimable in the Present Box)
a. Daily BURST FROG Giveaway (September 23 - 27 PST)
b. GEM Giveaway (Sept 28 - Oct 2 PST)
c. One CRYSTAL a Day (Oct 3 - 8 PST)

Have fun, Summoners! We have MORE surprises in store for everyone so be sure to like our Facebook page (fb.com/BraveFrontierGlobal) and check it frequently for the latest game news and updates.
So that's 5 free Burst Frogs, 5 more free gems, and 5 free Elemental Crystals!

Thanks to those frogs, I finally finished maxing out my first unit (Guardian Phoenix Reborn).

Results are in on the fan vote for increased summons:

1 - Duel-SGX
2 - Zellha
3 - Michele
4 - Lilith
5 - Luther
6 - Lunaris

I confess myself disappointed. Zellha and Luther will both have rates up real soon already coming, and Duel-SGX and Michele are units you only want one of (since their main purpose does not stack).

It definitely could have been worse though.

Top Bottom