• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Sora_N

So eb decided to do away with trade in promos? Was gonna see if they had bonus for Dragon Age but didn't see any mention of any trades on their site.

Hey guys, I had a friend over this weekend and he tore it up on Destiny... no, I mean the thumb sticks on my PS4 controller are peeling. What's my best option here in Canada? Is there a good supplier of replacement sticks? (...and which kind?)
They are still under warranty if you want to send them in to Sony. Cost me $13. There are probably cheaper options out there, but the new ones I got sent haven't peeled at all in the past 6 months.

Oh ok, I was wondering why it was saying it charged my CC and not gift card for Smash Bros

Even orders with games that shipped months ago and paid with GC are showing as fully charged to credit card

They really need a new website

Exactly, that's what they really need, a modern website that actually works!

Mine says that too, for the record. So does Shadow of Mordor.

Typically, for me at least, that means I'm getting the game the next afternoon.

Yeah last time I saw that happen was with I think with Demon Gaze and the next day at noon when I checked the shipping it said "Out for Delivery" and I went "...What?"

I hope this is that situation. Right now it still says "Shipping Now" and it's Tuesday morning. When I follow the tracking stuff they tend to hand it off to Canada Post at like 8AM and it goes out for delivery around 11AM. Hopefully I can get it today (CP comes around 4PM every day here) or tomorrow. The only thing I found strange is the Amazon warehouse is in Mississauga, and they hand it off to Canada Post in East York. They literally pass by me just to give it to Canada Post if that's the case because I'm in Old Toronto. Amazon drones pls

cerulily

Oh ok, I was wondering why it was saying it charged my CC and not gift card for Smash Bros

Even orders with games that shipped months ago and paid with GC are showing as fully charged to credit card

They really need a new website

Replace those sticks with xbone sticks. It's amazing. You can get some on ebay for 3$ CAD with free shipping from china. Came for mine in about a week and a half.

Yeah last time I saw that happen was with I think with Demon Gaze and the next day at noon when I checked the shipping it said "Out for Delivery" and I went "...What?"

I hope this is that situation. Right now it still says "Shipping Now" and it's Tuesday morning. When I follow the tracking stuff they tend to hand it off to Canada Post at like 8AM and it goes out for delivery around 11AM. Hopefully I can get it today (CP comes around 4PM every day here) or tomorrow. The only thing I found strange is the Amazon warehouse is in Mississauga, and they hand it off to Canada Post in East York. They literally pass by me just to give it to Canada Post if that's the case because I'm in Old Toronto. Amazon drones pls

Pls! Well Persona and Mordor are out for delivery right now for me. Hope yours are too!

Grimsen

Huh, I didn't expect Target to also sell the Disney infinity 1.0 starter pack for half price. My mom found it for my son at 37.50$. He really wants to play Cars.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I was checking the status of my E3 preorder for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax at Bestbuy.ca and it says it's out of stock

WTF

I called them about this and they have no fucking clue when the game will arrive. Never buying again with Best Buy.

Spike

ATTN: For everyone who has ordered from Future Shop:

I am just looking at my order page, and every single preorder I have placed with them shows that my credit card has been charged the entire amount owing!!

I looked at my online Visa statement, but they haven't shown up as of yet because it usually takes 3 business days for any charges to show.

Sent them an email, and going to try to get in touch with Visa themselves and see if these charges are pending. Don't know what else to do!!

False alarm. Seems it has been fixed this morning!

FluxWaveZ

I called them about this and they have no fucking clue when the game will arrive. Never buying again with Best Buy.

Hm. I've had trouble with the three games I've pre-ordered from FutureShop via the E3 deal thus far: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, Danganronpa 2 and, now, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Maybe it isn't the best venue to be getting niche games from. Just hope I get Super Smash on time, though I might have to buy a copy from a store just in case.

In Ultimax's case, though, I don't know if even most EB Games/Gamestop stores got copies.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can I buy Ultimax and once the BB order comes just return the sealed one?

theRizzle

Can I buy Ultimax and once the BB order comes just return the sealed one?

I do this all the time and have never had an issue, even when I return something I purchased online from FS to EB or whatever. But be aware sometimes different retailers have their own SKUs for games so in that case it wouldn't work.

But as far as returning something I ordered online from BB to a store; it's worked for me every time.

DJ_Lae

Thinking of heading over to the Microsoft store with my copy of Destiny from that Sunset Overdrive bundle deal and seeing if I can swap it for Forza Horizon 2.

I'm guessing it'll depend on who I talk to and what mood they're in, as there's probably no obligation on their part to exchange the game at all. Anyone else tried this?

False alarm. Seems it has been fixed this morning!

FYI sometimes retailers do a sort of check/reserve on your credit to see if the transaction can go through...or something along the lines of that for preorders/reservations.... I don't really know the right words to describe it tbh. They're not actually charging you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Our retailers started doing Black Friday sales recently, yeah? Did they align with our own Thanksgiving or the American one? Can't remember.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I do this all the time and have never had an issue, even when I return something I purchased online from FS to EB or whatever. But be aware sometimes different retailers have their own SKUs for games so in that case it wouldn't work.

But as far as returning something I ordered online from BB to a store; it's worked for me every time.

My only gripe is that I might miss out on pre-order bonuses. :(

Oh wow, just got a shipping notice for my PS4 from Amazon. I'm sort of not ready for it! There's gonna be so much gaming going on in the next little while heh.

FluxWaveZ

Heads up: I've gotten charged by FS for my copy of P4AU, and my order lists that it's "in stock" instead of "out of stock", like it did before.

So Persona 4 Ultimax is being shipped into the TV world...

Also Amazon sent me an email saying Smash Bros Wii U telling me that the estimated ship date for Smash Bros Wii U is January 5th, aka releasing on January 2nd. I guess someone said "fuck it whatever I guess it'll come out around then"

shadows of mordor arrived for me today :)

anyone know where i can get a minisd card in the durham region? id like to be able to just walk in and buy one somewhere (and dont mind paying more then i would online), but it seems nobody stocks them anymore... a micro to mini adapter would be fine as well

Lexxism

Heads up: I've gotten charged by FS for my copy of P4AU, and my order lists that it's "in stock" instead of "out of stock", like it did before.

Not totally expected. They are quite good with honoring price errors unlike other retailers. That's why good for those people who were able to get The Order 1886 for below $20. Never mind the LE, that's quite nice for a $60 game.

That so lame.

Well I'm not going to be able to play it for a while and I did get it for way cheaper, so I guess it's not that big of a deal. But it's still super lame.

Xenoflare

Funny how I got my copy with the cards and Teddie @ BB. I reserved near midnight last night. And it didn't cost me $5.

I'll think twice about giving EB my money next time.

bryt

Funny how I got my copy with the cards and Teddie @ BB. I reserved near midnight last night. And it didn't cost me $5.

I'll think twice about giving EB my money next time.

Did you get it in store? Thinking about just going to Best Buy after work and buying it and returning my E3 order when it gets here.

Top Bottom