• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Manp

Yeah, they just now got it up. They're still absolutely fucking useless when it comes to getting DOA stuff in particular up on time, though. Still waiting on other things to hit the shop including an overdue sale. So I wouldn't give them credit for finally getting something up that should have been there already, but hey, it's up, so good news.

hey... the bunny pack is now up too! maybe tomorrow we'll all win the lottery

ShinMaruku

Got my Momiji some good matches and you guys got me honest in those matches good show to all. :)
Weekends I can host some lobbies.

Azuardo

m0t0k1, link it when you upload :p

I'll have to try remember to save replays for the tourney. Everyone else try to, too!

hey... the bunny pack is now up too! maybe tomorrow we'll all win the lottery

We should at least get a bigger discount for the delay on the DLC sale >_> I will take lottery winnings, though.

stn

Folks, what is the best way to unlock costumes? I played online last night with Bass, unlocked costumes with him. Is it because I won? How many matches must I win to unlock one costume, for example? Also, I heard that you can unlock some rare swimsuit if you play 200 online matches?

Looking for clarification. Thanks.

Eolz

I'd say tag time attack is actually faster.

Glad most of this community will be on PS4 for the next games, I'm always sad seeing all those lobbies threads here and there while I'm on 360.

Tried the Facebook sharing of a fight replay yesterday, better output than I expected.

Azuardo

For some reasons i get errors when i try to upload it to YT :( So i guess there is not going to be an upload. I could do an offcam replay for you with my shitty phone camera but dunno if that would look good.

Weird. What's the error? Up to you - if it turns out too crappy, you can always delete the upload afterwards lol.

Only thing with PS4 is that I'm finding it tough to renew my PS+ sub. Grown so used to free online that it's tough to try and fork out now. Course, if I do end up getting LR right away, I'll probs renew again, but man it's a bummer when you've been so used to it being free on PS3 and Wii U.

Azuardo

I was always plus for the free games. Also I do blackfriday shopping 5 years of plus for $50 XD

That's what I should have done a couple of years ago. Before PS4, you could get some mega sweet deals on PS+ but I shoulda bought more of them. Now it's hard to get a good price on it that I'm comfortable paying for. The quality of free games has dropped too, so the only main reason is for online play now...which is hard to accept for me.

m0t0k1

Weird. What's the error? Up to you - if it turns out too crappy, you can always delete the upload afterwards lol.

Only thing with PS4 is that I'm finding it tough to renew my PS+ sub. Grown so used to free online that it's tough to try and fork out now. Course, if I do end up getting LR right away, I'll probs renew again, but man it's a bummer when you've been so used to it being free on PS3 and Wii U.

Getting error 80710a06 so it probably has something to do with my router. maybe i will try to fix things on that end tomorrow. I will probably buy LR on ps3. There is not much coming to ps4 that i cant get on ps3 + i don't have as much time to play games as i used to. Also if you want to renew your sub maybe look into this. spend 50 quid in paypal shop on psn get 10 quid for free.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps4/paypaloffer/

Hubb

That's what I should have done a couple of years ago. Before PS4, you could get some mega sweet deals on PS+ but I shoulda bought more of them. Now it's hard to get a good price on it that I'm comfortable paying for. The quality of free games has dropped too, so the only main reason is for online play now...which is hard to accept for me.

I'd say holdout for Black Friday, but I am pretty sure EU wont get the same deals we do.

Azuardo

Yeah, don't think Black Friday really counts for much over here, although we sort of get online deals happening at the same time. I can easily wait for now, as LR is a way off, but will pounce if I see a good deal.

The free £10 for adding £50 is good, but I rarely buy digital games, so dunno how I can really make it count.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can always be optimistic that LR fixes it. How badly do you want to be let down?

What's crazy is that DOA2U had the best netcode ever. If matches were lagging, the games speed would go down/frame-rate would drop so both players could react. It's crazy that DOA4 and DOA5/U/+ didn't have that. :| I guess due to bigger packets needed or something but the implementation of that in DOA2U was insanely good. Probably the only fighting game I could stand to play online.

This game would really benefit from an ingme store. So annoying when you don't play for a while and then I have to hunt for the compatibility packs that are buried in a single list. I'm playing on 360 BTW.

Eolz

Seen this on /v/, poster claims it comes from 2ch.
Pretty sure it's fake, but it can renew the discussion a bit:

イザベラ、復讐女性

CV:潘 めぐみ

国籍 : ブラジル人
性別 : 女性
流派 : クラヴ・マガ
年齢 : 32歳
誕生日 : 11月5日
血液型 : A型
身長・体重 : 176cm/55kg
スリーサイズ : B94/W60/H89
職業 : 不明
好物 : ピスコ
趣味 : 陶器、経済

Isabella, Lady Vengeance

Voice Actress: Megumi Han

Nationality: Brazilian
Sex: Female
Fighting style: Krav Maga
Birthday: November 5th
Blood type: A
Height and weight: 176cm / 55kg
Mensurations: B94 / W60 / H89
Favorite food: Pisco
Hobbies: Pottery, economy

I think the bust would probably be bigger according to teasers
I don't see any reveal coming before January to be honest, but apparently we're gonna get new LR info this week (KT EU twitter), so who knows...

Grisby

Krav Maga sounds really familiar, but I can't actually visualize what that looks like
Think of the fighting style Batman has in the Nolan films. Also, I believe Liam Neelson does it in the Taken films. Boxing stance but with your forearms raised higher, etc.

That's really cool if true. I liked that Mila has UFC type stuff.

32 isn't old enough! I want a mature lady that kicks butt and looks classy while doing so.

Make the new guy a silver fox too while we're at it.

Azuardo

Last Round releasing on Feb 19th in Japan

Apparently Xbox One is also getting the core fighter edition.

Yeeeep.

From Gematsu:

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 in Japan on February 19, this week’s Famitsu reveals.

In addition to the full paid release, a “basic free version” (similar to PlayStation 3’s Dead or Alive 5 Core Fighters) will be released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Players of the free version can battle against users with the paid version.

New stages added in Last Round include “Danger Zone” from the original Dead or Alive and “Crimson” from Dead or Alive 2. Nyotengu, from the arcade version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, as well as a completely new female character.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/10/dead-alive-5-last-round-dated-japan#J6x3TtTOO8bdtAYl.99

raven777

Nice, didn't expect it that soon, nor CF on X1.
Did they say what will happen for the current CF on PS3 btw? Huge patch?

I don't think they specifically mentioned the CF PS3 upgrade. All the mentioned so far was that there will be an upgrade(payed I think) for DOA5U owners to upgrade to LR. Something like SF4 I guess..

as for Core Fighter I guess they could release new CF for LR for PS3, and make the save files and DLCs compatible.

Azuardo

So a new female character - could be the above Brazilian?

I wondered what level Crimson in DOA2 was so I looked it up... Oh it's from DOA2 Ultimate? Never played that version. Nostalgia will go over my head then :(

raven777

So a new female character - could be the above Brazilian?

I wondered what level Crimson in DOA2 was so I looked it up... Oh it's from DOA2 Ultimate? Never played that version. Nostalgia will go over my head then :(

I think that's fake. If that was real, it would have been in this week's famtisu.

Edit: the famitsu leak suggest the new female character is the "biggest" so far. Not sure if it's about her height or breast size....

the new male character is someone fans will love, something like Nyotengu.

Azuardo

I think that's fake. If that was real, it would have been in this week's famtisu.

Edit: the famitsu leak suggest the new female character is the "biggest" so far. Not sure if it's about her height or breast size....

the new male character is someone fans will love, something like Nyotengu.

Ahh fair enough, will overlook that then.

More throwbacks to older DOAs in general would be nice. Bit gutted the two new retro stages I never even played (missed DOA1 and had Dreamcast version of DOA2).

Hubb

Last Round releasing on Feb 19th in Japan

Apparently Xbox One is also getting the core fighter edition.

Hopefully it comes stateside shortly after. It must have been a place holder but for some reason I thought LR wasn't launching until June, which I thought was way too long.

Top Bottom