• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Antwix

Still deciding if to carry on and play on my xbox or ps5 😭
It's whatever you play more on. Or like the controller better. Or have ps+/xbl (if you care about group play). I suppose you already know these things but it really doesn't matter since it's all cross-platform/progression for your account/characters.

Mr.ODST

It's whatever you play more on. Or like the controller better. Or have ps+/xbl (if you care about group play). I suppose you already know these things but it really doesn't matter since it's all cross-platform/progression for your account/characters.
More trophies / achievements still got the lileth and level 100 to do, either way cant wait to get stuck back in

Mikado

Came back to check it out after noping out a year ago. The game is considerably more to my taste now.

Launch D4 was just so miserably slow to play; I prefer the zoomy stylings of something like PoE or LE rather than the plodding pace of something like Grim Dawn.
The new patches definitely get rid of a lot of the BS and to me it seems game is settling into more of a Late-Stage D3 clear-speed feeling which is fine by me.

Have a sort of Incinerate / Meteor-Triggered Blood-Explosion Sorcerer thing going that I'm having a great time with.

Cool to see the Gaf Clan is still around!

Antwix

Well seems like they fucked up the update today I guess. Trying to finish up some dungeons for renown and I can't get into them. Infinite loading screen each time and have to alt+f4. Many on bnet forums seem to have the same issue now too.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Well seems like they fucked up the update today I guess. Trying to finish up some dungeons for renown and I can't get into them. Infinite loading screen each time and have to alt+f4. Many on bnet forums seem to have the same issue now too.

Does the "do multiple dungeons at the same time" strategy still work for renown?

Vyse

Gold Member
Came back to check it out after noping out a year ago. The game is considerably more to my taste now.

Launch D4 was just so miserably slow to play; I prefer the zoomy stylings of something like PoE or LE rather than the plodding pace of something like Grim Dawn.
The new patches definitely get rid of a lot of the BS and to me it seems game is settling into more of a Late-Stage D3 clear-speed feeling which is fine by me.

Have a sort of Incinerate / Meteor-Triggered Blood-Explosion Sorcerer thing going that I'm having a great time with.

Cool to see the Gaf Clan is still around!
Same. Started up a new Barbarian and got to level 40 really fast. Not sure what they did, but it’s really fun.

DavidGzz

Damn, might have to take something other than my Deck to work if D4 is down. Can't log in now so I guess they took some servers down to see what they need to fix.

Edit: Working fine now!

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This is an interesting note about how Nightmare Dungeons are actually the faster way to level, even if Helltides are really good too. I also noticed that events swarmed a shit ton of monsters which I assumed gave lots of EXP, but by the time I was doing them I was already level 100.

I'll try this when I level an alt.

DavidGzz

This is an interesting note about how Nightmare Dungeons are actually the faster way to level, even if Helltides are really good too. I also noticed that events swarmed a shit ton of monsters which I assumed gave lots of EXP, but by the time I was doing them I was already level 100.

Woah, no glyph leveling until level 100? I was doing them as soon as I hit T3. The cursed chests net a lot of gains.

Mortisfacio

Banned
For those that have done The Pit, how is it? Has good enough replayability? I'm diving back in since finishing HB2. Currently level 76. I just really didn't like the gauntlet so hoping the pit is more rewarding like Greater Rifts were in D3.

Bartski

Gold Member

how often do you guys think he washes this hoodie?

Tg89

Game is definitely more fun than S1 when I last played. Loot is still shit at its core though unfortunately.

I think it’s comfortably at that post-RoS D3 level where its fun to jump in every few seasons and play a character for a week or so, but as it stands not much more going on than that.

DavidGzz

I stay far away from exploits. I remember people being banned in D3 iirc, if you're doing it on purpose. Anyway, it seems like D4 is doing good numbers on Steam. Idk how far into the season PoE is but it's pretty far ahead of it and I bet only 1/4 of its players are on Steam compared to Battle.net.

Zheph

I stay far away from exploits. I remember people being banned in D3 iirc, if you're doing it on purpose. Anyway, it seems like D4 is doing good numbers on Steam. Idk how far into the season PoE is but it's pretty far ahead of it and I bet only 1/4 of its players are on Steam compared to Battle.net.
best way to lose your account and you end up tweeting like a prick "I did nothing wrong, fk B Blizzard " yeah sure sure...

I finished the season fully, just trying a few classes/builds now. Still haven't seen the look of a uber uniques despite hundreds of Duriel/Andariel runs in 4 seasons...
Nina Williams GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

edit: Lol turns out I did @ a real user, oh well he is banned anyway (sorry)

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Dumb question I should know the answer to. So looking at guides for leveling etc, they always talk about most important stat on items but they never mention armor value. Does armor value matter more or less than the other stats?

Zheph

Dumb question I should know the answer to. So looking at guides for leveling etc, they always talk about most important stat on items but they never mention armor value. Does armor value matter more or less than the other stats?
It matters just like elemental res, they both are capped but it won't matter much until wt4 and later

cormack12

Gold Member
I think armor has a relatively low cap for endgame which means aspect and stacking are wasted.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
thanks. i guess i need to learn about the caps to understand better. i start getting frustrated in endgame trying to figure out what gear is better than the other. It gets overwhelming and then i quit

Antwix

Above 9230 armor, it is essentially useless. So in endgame, you just have to play around with +armor affixes and +total armor affixes from tempering on helm/chest/pants to get you just above that number. Then just go whatever gives you higher damage on all other gear.

splattered

Ive played a bit over a few days now and hit level 72 or 73 today? Running t4 helltides blood maiden and had someone in clan carry through some high level nm dungeons. I don't have my gear set whatsoever, no gems slotted... just working on leveling and chewing most of the gear I get to upgrade affixes.

Bry0

It’s weird, I’m using the necro minion max roll guide and supposedly it’s one of the best bossing builds? Are tormented bosses just really rebalanced that much? I was 2 critting bosses to death in s2/3. Ive actually gotta like, learn where to stand and stuff now??? :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom