• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Cyberpunkd

It last 3 months and you get more stuff indeed, seasonal quests and extra uniques items available. Eternal Realm is completely useless imo but I am used to seasonal system

I tho it was good and you will have the usual spectacular cinematics but I don't really play a diablo game for its story
The new season started with this weeks update, correct?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Okay, I respecced my Corpse Explosion necro to shadow damage in order to take advantage of the shadowblight passive and it's associated legendary aspects. This DPS slaps.

Antwix

Will probably do mage.
one-of-us-men-slamming-table-hip62j04smcix7a1.webp

amigastar

A question,
can i do xp grinding besides (helltides, tree of whisper) when i choose to play through the campaign again (which i already finshed at release)?

Last edited:

amigastar

Just don't press "skip campaign" when you create your character
Why dont skip? I didn't skip campaign. I'm playing campaign again now, i'm gonna fire up the game to see if i am able to participate in helltides.
Edit: Ok so it seems i can't play anything other than through the campaign now, i'm gonna create a new character and press skip campaign to be able to do other activities.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Just jumped in today. Went Barb this round. I haven't touched Barb ever.. hell tides are fun AF. Loot dropping is great, still grabbing the feel for Barb and heading towards twister build.

Zheph

Why dont skip? I didn't skip campaign. I'm playing campaign again now, i'm gonna fire up the game to see if i am able to participate in helltides.
Edit: Ok so it seems i can't play anything other than through the campaign now, i'm gonna create a new character and press skip campaign to be able to do other activities.
I got confused sorry, yeah you can do whatever you want of course

amigastar

Did Blizzard disable DLSS Frame Generation for now? I can'`t turn it on.
Edit: I'm lvl 17 with my necro but still no legendaries, is this normal. At what lvl better loot drops?

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I have way too many summoning materials, so let's get a party together to do some boss runs sometime. Anyone in WT4 is welcome to join, even if you're weak. This things are pushovers.

j0hnnix

Did Blizzard disable DLSS Frame Generation for now? I can'`t turn it on.
Edit: I'm lvl 27 with my necro but still no legendaries, is this normal. At what lvl better loot drops?
That's strange. Doing hell tides I've got quite a few. That's doing hell tides all the time. I'm level 31 now.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Question:

What’s the overall journey to 100 now look like as far as content done?

Are people really just doing non stop Helltide to 100? Or is it until WT4?

Are nightmare dungeons or regular dungeons even worth doing at all anymore?

When are people doing the pit? What about the bosses? When do people fight andariel ?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Question:

What’s the overall journey to 100 now look like as far as content done?

Are nightmare dungeons or regular dungeons even worth doing at all anymore?

When are people doing the pit? What about the bosses? When do people fight andariel ?

You can do nonstop helltides if you want to. But you don't have to. You'd probably want to do some NMD in WT3 and in WT4 in order to level up your glyphs. I unlocked the pit at around level 80-something. I fought Andariel at around level 88.

Getting to 100 is pretty easy now.

amigastar

You can do nonstop helltides if you want to. But you don't have to. You'd probably want to do some NMD in WT3 and in WT4 in order to level up your glyphs. I unlocked the pit at around level 80-something. I fought Andariel at around level 88.

Getting to 100 is pretty easy now.
IMO thats the correct way. i'm not the guy who wants to grind endlessly to reach lvl 100. Just gimme 30-40 hours of fun (leveling several characters) and i'm good.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It's about time where I need to optimize my build and lean into the multipliers in order to push higher levels at the pit. What sucks about the myriad multiplicative bonuses is that they are so obviously better than anything else, it's basically your only choice when it comes to gearing up for the pit.

Last edited:

Arsic

I think Quins take on the game is pretty on par with mine.

I’m like level 65 now and beyond done with it.

I don’t see a reason to grind to the pit or andariel.

The community and devs deserve each other. The feedback lead to you doing Helltide from 1-100. This is the most boring mindless “gaming” experience I’ve had with an ARPG. Immortal is in a better state for content than this game. It’s bat shit insane.

I’ll try again next season. I may play with a buddy to grind 100 but I just don’t see a reason if it isn’t fun.

A big missing key factor is honestly the campaign. It’s the best part of this game and you only do it once. Sure I can opt to do it again but it isn’t ideal or optimal.

I play D2,D3, and PoE campaign multiple times in a year without any issues and love my time with it every single time.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Got to 100 tonight with a couple of friends at 95 and 81, had a grand time running NMs and playing a little bit with the Pits (we'll probably hit that up a lot since its just GRs).

One of them is a new to actually building a spec so we'll help her fine tune with tempering and enchanting.

Will probably spend some time target farming Uniques for our respective builds and go from there. Again, the QoL stuff is very nice and while we're not hyper meta players we're still able to put up some nice numbers and have some fun builds.

Overall liking it a ton more than previous seasons.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think Quins take on the game is pretty on par with mine.

I’m like level 65 now and beyond done with it.

I don’t see a reason to grind to the pit or andariel.

The community and devs deserve each other. The feedback lead to you doing Helltide from 1-100. This is the most boring mindless “gaming” experience I’ve had with an ARPG. Immortal is in a better state for content than this game. It’s bat shit insane.

I do think they might have leaned a bit too heavy into helltides. I think they're fun, but from a meta perspective, they're too good, and there's not much point in doing anything else, if the goal is to level up. It really steers the player experience a lot. It is pretty mindless, but the action is fast paced and can be interesting. Hopefully they make more fine tuning as time goes on.

I’ll try again next season. I may play with a buddy to grind 100 but I just don’t see a reason if it isn’t fun.

Play with us! 🐹

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Will probably spend some time target farming Uniques for our respective builds and go from there. Again, the QoL stuff is very nice and while we're not hyper meta players we're still able to put up some nice numbers and have some fun builds.

What kinda builds you rockin? Let us know if you need anything in particular! My stash has too much crap in it lol.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
I have tried necro like 3 times, its so boring....

Getting back into the game though, i dont really know whats changed for the most part, but i saw you guys on last night!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Getting back into the game though, i dont really know whats changed for the most part, but i saw you guys on last night!

What kind of necro are you running? I'm having fun blowing everything up with my nuke golem.

marquimvfs

This update improved the things a lot for me. I'm still playing D3 and can say that finally the 'post-campaign' portion of the game is more fun than it's predecessor.

Helltides were boring to do, but now they're interesting and Loot isn't frustrating anymore, even if it still need some balancing. Generally speaking, the update is very positive. Now excuse me, I've a level 89 Rougue to max up while my excitement is still up. XD

Last edited:

Arsic

Necro really just needs a nice mobility move. Rogue is zipping, Barb is leaping, sorc is teleporting etc.

Arsic

Most fun I’ve had so far is avalanche druid or whatever it’s called. Hulk smash the entire screen
Druid and rogue since launch have been a lot of fun. Druid just was chained to being only doable if you get specific uniques to make a build come online.

amigastar

If i'm correct Blizzard invented the post campaign activities in ARpgs (Diablo 3) before that all you had to do was playing the campaign on different difficulties and doing runs, but Diablo 3 changed that and now we have Helltide, Pit, Tree of Whispers etc.

Last edited:

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
What kinda builds you rockin? Let us know if you need anything in particular! My stash has too much crap in it lol.

I'm rocking double swing twisters barb (super fun and felt the most barb-like to me so far this season), our necro is doing blood lance i believe? I know our rogue is following a rapid fire build spec.

We're waiting on higher level unique drops since we're still mostly wearing lvl 60s Tibaults, Ramaladni's etc :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

DavidGzz

I play D2,D3, and PoE campaign multiple times in a year without any issues and love my time with it every single time.

Oof, I can't do that at all. I hate that you have to do that in PoE and act 3 in D2 is a SLOG. No thanks. I'll take Hell tides, Legion events, world bosses, and NM dungeons over doing the campaigns over and over. Different strokes.

Arsic

Oof, I can't do that at all. I hate that you have to do that in PoE and act 3 in D2 is a SLOG. No thanks. I'll take Hell tides, Legion events, world bosses, and NM dungeons over doing the campaigns over and over. Different strokes.
I prefer it leading up to end game versus this Helltide from 1-100 dog shit.

DavidGzz

I prefer it leading up to end game versus this Helltide from 1-100 dog shit.

Except for doing that would be stupid since you need to level glyphs. There are also, like I mentioned, NM dungeons(which have events that net you even more XP than Helltides), clearing strongholds(required unless you're only doing a select few NM dungeons), Legion events, World Bosses(both needed to get the item that allows you to socket items), uber bosses, The Pit, weekly challenge dungeons, etc. If all you do is Helltides 1-100, thats's on you. People keep talking about D2 which after the campaign you only have running boring bosses over and over. D4 already has a lot to do. If you don't like the gameplay enough to do them, move along.

DavidGzz

I think the problem with this season is that since they spent so much time on fixing loot among other things, that they didn't have time to also implement a more complex season. Season 5 will show us how the game should be from now on. Then season 6 should contain a new area and class or maybe that won't be until season 7? Armories(ala D3) and a built-in trade function or auction house should really help its future as well.

Xyphie

I think the problem with this season is that since they spent so much time on fixing loot among other things, that they didn't have time to also implement a more complex season. Season 5 will show us how the game should be from now on. Then season 6 should contain a new area and class or maybe that won't be until season 7? Armories(ala D3) and a built-in trade function or auction house should really help its future as well.

The expansion is still on track for later this year unless it gets delayed into 2025 and that will have a new class. Should coincide with either season 5 or 6 (August-November) if it's this year. Doubt they'll do classes outside expansions/paid DLC.

In general I think the game is in a decent spot now, you can have ~25h of fun per season grinding out lvl 100 and everything except uber unique gear, masterworking all gear etc. What needs work the most now is some of the vestigial systems that haven't really kept up and some sort of matchmaking system for dungeons/bosses etc.

Last edited:

splattered

I have family visiting this week through tomorrow so I havent been able to play much... got a heartseeker rogue through level 20 yesterday playing some helltides and unlocking way points etc. Havent been able to play enough to see all the changes yet so no opinion outside helltides much better.

Complistic

Biggest thing this game is missing for me now is some sort of "prestige" system where I can reroll my eternal characters into a season.

I don't know what this looks like, but is it something they're looking into?

Last edited:

Xyphie

Biggest thing this game is missing for me now is some sort of "prestige" system where I can reroll my eternal characters into a season.

I don't know what this looks like, but is it something they're looking into?

They had that in D3. https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Rebirth

Didn't really keep anything but the played time counter though but one can kinda see a version of it being neat especially for hardcore players (keeping track of times a character has made it to 100 without dying and you get a star of whatever).

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Tried to get back into it...
The loot is fine but still don't see the need for aspects to exist. Should have just been part of the skill tree.
Also the way skills can be modified is quite limited, but then again I'm spoiled by last epoch.
Can be fun for a bit but build crafting is not it's strong point.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
That might be most efficient but it sure gets monotonous after a while. My new Rogue is 55 now and I've been mixing it up with nightmare dungeons, even doing some side quests just for variety. Leveling does seem a lot faster, maybe I'll actually break level 70 this time, I lost interest in the 60's on all my previous characters.

Top Bottom