• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

i feel like this is what happens when they have you do the same missions throughout the ENTIRE game. even the queen ones. at least with games like WoW they had one set or dungeons for leveling. and another set for max levels. now we just have the same like 7 strike missions we do multiple times a day / week for bounties or whatever. which leads to people wanting more to cheese the thing they've already done "legitly" a million times before.

ya people will always find ways to cheese stuff. just feel the process was hastened by the lack of content.

People say this, but if this kind of cheese / ability to lame out the bosses existed in WoW. you'd see the same bum rush of people trying to do it.

Blaming it on lack of content is just an excuse.

LiK

Welp, that's it for this week. 15 Atheon kills, no vex.

qIth0dQ.gif
Why didn't you wait for me. Like I said, every Raid group I played with in Hard, at least one dude got a Vex. I'm a Vex charm!

They are with a good team. Not going to lie, it's pretty hard. Many people are just not good at not dying. All the cheese going on is making things a lot worse - people are reaching high levels (29/30) because of cheesing everything but still suck at the game.

Not that I don't agree, but Strikes like the Archon Priest (which I personally have never had any trouble with, outside of Nightfall, regardless of the difficulty) feel impossible on Nightfall. Tons of enemies with weapons whose projectiles follow you AND deal 300% damage? How wuh what

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not that I don't agree, but Strikes like the Archon Priest (which I personally have never had any trouble with, outside of Nightfall, regardless of the difficulty) feel impossible on Nightfall. Tons of enemies with weapons whose projectiles follow you AND deal 300% damage? How wuh what

I havent tried it on nightfall without cheesing him, so I don't know. You DO have a lot of open space, though, so maybe it's about spreading out and drawing him to and from each other without him getting too close?

Sergoes

Any chance someone at Atheon Hard wouldn't mind sharing the checkpoint? I'd definitely pay it forward and share it afterwards. Seems like we have a few looking for it.

Doing nightfall twice again tonight hopefully. Weekly 3 times, and normal raid 3 times. Hoping to be done with everything by tomorrow night.

Trojan

They are with a good team. Not going to lie, it's pretty hard. Many people are just not good at not dying. All the cheese going on is making things a lot worse - people are reaching high levels (29/30) because of cheesing everything but still suck at the game.

Agree - it is tough to not use cheese but it's very rewarding when you don't. I also think the concept of "cheesing" is getting too loosely defined. No matter what, you've got to heavily use cover and teamwork to win at Nightfall/Raid and not every conservative strategy=cheesing or exploiting a fight.

You nailed the dying part - the art of survival is difficult for a lot of people when they'd rather run into cross-fire with their shotty. I'm not a master at this game but I've learned the value of staying behind cover and understanding how much damage you can withstand...it's the difference between winning and losing.

Could I grab the hard check from someone quick? I am at work and will log in with my Vita and just jump out. I can solo it, but prefer to be on the PS4 to do it.

Anyone? Purty please? :)

PSN: TheTylerDurden

Jinjo

Still looking for one lv29-lv30'er to rush through hard mode raid from the beginning. Hard raid experience required, we're looking to go through it quite quickly (and thus cheese the fuck out of it). Add me on ps4: JinjoNL

kaiiri

People say this, but if this kind of cheese / ability to lame out the bosses existed in WoW. you'd see the same bum rush of people trying to do it.

they do it. tho from my experience of wow years ago those kind of things for patched quickly. not months after. I know it's different cause it's console so ya.

I don't know why you would see it as an excuse to why people cheese stuff. I'm saying cheesing happens everywhere. you just see it a lot more in games like Destiny that force players to do the same content over and over and over again through the course of leveling and even end game.

Any chance someone with the Atheon wouldn't mind sharing the checkpoint? I'd definitely pay it forward and share it afterwards. Seems like we have a few looking for it.

That would be lovely. I'm stuck at work with my Vita which limits me to not being able to cheese right now (no voice chat, lawl aiming skills) but it'd be great to have once I'm home.

Okay I have a gatekeeper checkpoint on hard. Can I get some folks to hit me up so we can get to atheon and cheese him/knock this out one last time?

psn: Ilikespiders please bring rocket launchers. Depending on group composition will decide what strat we use.

*edit I guess not low interest from folks I know -.-

Jinjo

Still looking for one lv29-lv30'er to rush through hard mode raid from the beginning. Hard raid experience required, we're looking to go through it quite quickly (and thus cheese the fuck out of it). Add me on ps4: JinjoNL

Still up for grabs.

Iceman829

Is there a good strategy for soloing the Nightfall this week? My only decent arc weapon is a fully leveled legendary sniper which will be good for the final boss but bad for the first room.

All I read was dudes need to be shot later on tonight. I'll get you to the boss if you can kill it

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone cheesing Atheon on Hard?
My 27 Hunter could use drops, please!

PSN has been so shit lately

Why can I not manage my characters on Bungie.net? I want to be able to swap weapons between characters, buy items, and delete items.

Also I'm going to save up my motes of light even though I was the Speaker cape. if Xur has the helmet engram and I do not get knucklehead in a drop I will try my luck at the end of the week.

Strider

I have 2 spots open for Atheon hard mode on my alt. We're all level 27-28 so we need someone that can cheese it. Can anyone come solo it? PS4.

I have 2 spots open for Atheon hard mode on my alt. We're all level 27-28 so we need someone that can cheese it. Can anyone come solo it? PS4.

Could I grab a spot real quick? I can solo it but cant right now at work on the vita. But will be home in an hour..just in case you get it done before then though, I would sure appreciate a spot.

If there's another Warlock that can help me, I can help you cheese it.

All I ask if I can also have the spot for my alt before we cheese it.

PSN: EroticSushi

The fact that Thorn is getting a buff in the near future means it will be a top tier PVP weapon for sure.

It's surprising how well you can make the 6 rounds and slow reload actually work in multiplayer.

Hopefully. Seeing as how it's one of the more rare HC's (since nobody wants to/can do that shitty Xyor mission) you'd think it would bring a bit more to the table. I'm wondering what they're going to buff though. Maybe an 8-10 mag and reload bump?

Dankul

At least since I last played it, Mass effect 3 multiplayer comes to mind that I enjoyed a long time for the sake of gameplay and not just getting better gear. Even when there was a good (almost cheesy) strategy, they require a lot of team coordination to pull off. Always felt like either the teamwork or I was improving. However, the map geometry and mechanics was much simpler and therefore probably easier to account for any exploits.

Since it's a guarantee legendary/exotic drop, I could imagine that it was only meant for lvl 29+ to complete. The highest I have ever been was lvl 28 so I can't really say if its possible. I'm sure there are a multitude of reasons, including lack of content, that destiny is like how it is now.

Izuna

Banned
I GOT THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

FIRST CHECKPOINT!!!!!!

Bizazedo

they do it. tho from my experience of wow years ago those kind of things for patched quickly. not months after. I know it's different cause it's console so ya.

I don't know why you would see it as an excuse to why people cheese stuff. I'm saying cheesing happens everywhere. you just see it a lot more in games like Destiny that force players to do the same content over and over and over again through the course of leveling and even end game.
I'm saying the bolded is false. The content or lack thereof has nothing to do with it (in my opinion).

If the cheese exists and is this publicized, people will run over each other to do it before it's patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom