• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Nearly maxed out Truth, so then I can max out Gjallarhorn, get Raid boots and have pretty much everything I need. I'm rich.

X-Frame

It's kind of a shame that at least until Iron Banner returns and likely the Trials of Osiris, there is no reason to full upgrade primarily PvP weapons to 300 Attack, and even then unless they tweak the values in IB, it still isn't that big of a deal.

Let's hope the Trials give us a reason to max out PvP weapons.

The Last Word is the best PVP gun currently.

You're wielding the hand of God.

I'll buy it if Xur sells it since I have zero luck ever getting this kind of stuff as a reward, but I think I'll still end up sticking with Thorn.

The ability to fire a few shots into a guy and watching the rest of his health drain while I run away like a coward is more fun than I thought it'd be. Most people don't realize what's happening and flail around trying to see what's still hitting them and that's kind of priceless.

Atkison04

Thanks for the nod guys.

Later this week after I get through the Raid/Nightfall/Weekly on my 3 characters, I'm going to set up more groups for those with little or no Raid experience.

Dude, would you consider me and one of my buddies if you do one Friday on the earlier side (EST)? I'm ready to get my feet wet in the raid. I have a level 29 warlock and a 28 hunter. I have decent gear (ice breaker/gjallarhorn (x2), pocket infinity, the truth & final boss with void element). I'm decent enough player to solo most of the nightfalls/9 coin weeklies & my buddy can hold his own as well.

nowai

For everyone asking if the raid weapons are good (especially the ones that only drop on hard mode)...they are primaries with elemental damage.

End of discussion.

Yes, they are all pretty boss.

Acrylic7

Yep, two halves but you lose out on precision.

Is precision a gun mod such as Explosive or High Caliber rounds? or are you talking about a players aim? Because I find it impossible to miss targets who don't have much mobility except for jumps and glides.

zewone

I'll buy it if Xur sells it since I have zero luck ever getting this kind of stuff as a reward, but I think I'll still end up sticking with Thorn.

The ability to fire a few shots into a guy and watching the rest of his health drain while I run away like a coward is more fun than I thought it'd be. Most people don't realize what's happening and flail around trying to see what's still hitting them and that's kind of priceless.

The fact that Thorn is getting a buff in the near future means it will be a top tier PVP weapon for sure.

It's surprising how well you can make the 6 rounds and slow reload actually work in multiplayer.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
3rd Nightfall done, all 3 Characters heads glowing

Warlock got Ice Breaker (2nd), Dismantled
Titan got Hide and Seek-42 legendary Void Shotgun (Crucible Use, Nice!)
Hunter... Knucklehead Radar (3rd), Dismantled
njnuGYp.jpg

Goddammit, 2 out of 3 NF been same items already have and maxed out =/

MADGAME

Dude, would you consider me and one of my buddies if you do one Friday on the earlier side (EST)? I'm ready to get my feet wet in the raid. I have a level 29 warlock and a 28 hunter. I have decent gear (ice breaker/gjallarhorn (x2), pocket infinity, the truth & final boss with void element). I'm decent enough player to solo most of the nightfalls/9 coin weeklies & my buddy can hold his own as well.

Sure no problem, would love to. Seems like you are leveled enough and if your weapons are upgraded you will be able to deal damage and not incur a damage penalty. It makes a huge difference to have maxed weapons if possible.

I hope to run one Friday evening, but it would most likely be in the evening Central Time, after work and I run the Dailies.

Just be okay with no cheesing. Personally I do cheese certain areas when running with vets (and pretty much everywhere possible on Hard), but Bungie has demonstrated they will "fix" our broken way of playing at their discretion. Best to learn the legit way which is not difficult on Normal once the team is familiar with the mechanics of each encounter. Then afterwards you can mozzarella the Raid at your discretion.

Hopefully this weekend!
Hoping to do one Friday night, and at least one on both Saturday and Sunday.

Marvel

could never
I'm coming online now, anyone Raiding? (Normal) 27 Hunter experienced and well equipped.

If not, Nightfall time!

gdt

Thanks for the nod guys.

Later this week after I get through the Raid/Nightfall/Weekly on my 3 characters, I'm going to set up more groups for those with little or no Raid experience.

This would be excellent. Haven't done the Raid yet. Still working on getting a Legendary Primary weapon -_-

Fitts

Pardon my groveling, but would anyone be willing to share a Hard Atheon checkpoint? Also, I really don't have any direct "cheesing" experience, but would be willing to help with it. (lvl 29 Titan) Alternatively, I'd be willing to help go through an entire hard raid, but do be warned that I've only gone through the entire thing once and it wasn't on hard, but I'd still be able to hold my own with minimal direction.

In return, I'll help you with whatever you'd like! (Nightfall, weekly, etc.)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
No repeats please, we've already had too many as is. Sunbreakers x3, Lucky Raspberry x2, Red Death x2, Achlyophage Symbiote x2.
I have a feeling the weapon will be Last Word. Haven't seen that one in a long time. DOubt it'll be another rocket Launcher. Maybe Suros though.

Zakalwe

Banned
No repeats please, we've already had too many as is. Sunbreakers x3, Lucky Raspberry x2, Red Death x2, Achlyophage Symbiote x2.

They have to repeat at some point anyway.

Is precision a gun mod such as Explosive or High Caliber rounds? or are you talking about a players aim? Because I find it impossible to miss targets who don't have much mobility except for jumps and glides.

No, precision shots. Headshots and weak spots. Explosive rounds do less damage with precision shot.

Izuna

Banned
These damn job interviews whenever you want to find a group for the Raid. My Resume says 28, but I have to explain I used to make LV29 before I got my Helmet.

Guy is like, hmm... one sec, lemme check with the rest of my squad

jay23

Welp time to start Titan alt

Currently have
Hunter level 29
Warlock level 28.

Got extremely lucky on my warlock class, already had legendary armor stashed in the vault then I got heart of the praxic fire from exotic engram.

I have helm of saint 14 for a defender class, sucks that I'll have to rank up another faction again...

blackflag

These damn job interviews whenever you want to find a group for the Raid. My Resume says 28, but I have to explain I used to make LV29 before I got my Helmet.

Guy is like, hmm... one sec, lemme check with the rest of my squad

For hard? You should have kept your old helmet for 29. That's what I do. It's pretty important for hard mode to be 29. If it's normal then lol they are dumb.

Strider

I have an Atheon hard checkpoint on my hunter. Would anyone mind coming to cheese it for me before the update goes live?

I'm on PS4.

jay23

3rd Nightfall done, all 3 Characters heads glowing

Warlock got Ice Breaker (2nd), Dismantled
Titan got Hide and Seek-42 legendary Void Shotgun (Crucible Use, Nice!)
Hunter... Knucklehead Radar (3rd), Dismantled
njnuGYp.jpg

Goddammit, 2 out of 3 NF been same items already have and maxed out =/

First world problem of having too many exotics lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom