• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Petrie

Banned
ps-plus-content-for-november-2014.png

PS Plus Free Game for Nov 2014: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Confirmed For PS4 & PS Vita, Other Games Not Announced Yet

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth will be the first PS4 game for November(also Vita)

And here comes the bitching!

kevin1025

Banned
What do you guys think are the chances that Journey will be the other Plus PS4 game? That seems plausible, since Gamescom announced it was coming this year.

Zhao_Yun

Legend of Mana: I tried to enjoy this game, one of the few Squaresoft games on the PSX that i never finished or gave a shot, but my god it's so boring. the fighting stinks, there's not really any structure to it and it all feels kinda aimless. Your main character has, well, no character to him/her at all, and (at least on the vita) it's somewhat difficult to tell where to go in a background to continue to the next screen.

I enjoyed myself more watching the introduction to Vagrant Story than i did in my 4-5 hours of trying to play LoM. I guess i'm moving on to VS and trying my hand at that instead.

Wrong thread?

repeater

I'm in the EU, and I saw that "PvZ: Garden Warfare" for PS4 is available at a really nice PS+ price in the US during the latest sale. So I thought this might be a good time to finally get around to creating a US PSN account. But I have two questions:

1) Do new PSN members get any kind of time-limited PS+ trial? I think this was a thing in the EU at least..
2) If you're on a PS+ trial, do you get access to PS+ discounts? (I seem to remember this not being the case with Xbox Live Gold, so I thought the same might be the case with PS+)

HORRORSHØW

sorry if this has been asked and answered but is there a fix for the pvz error? i get a "cannot start the application" error whenever i try to start the game.

anteevy

I'm in the EU, and I saw that "PvZ: Garden Warfare" for PS4 is available at a really nice PS+ price in the US during the latest sale. So I thought this might be a good time to finally get around to creating a US PSN account. But I have two questions:

1) Do new PSN members get any kind of time-limited PS+ trial? I think this was a thing in the EU at least..
2) If you're on a PS+ trial, do you get access to PS+ discounts? (I seem to remember this not being the case with Xbox Live Gold, so I thought the same might be the case with PS+)
But wouldn't you need PS+ with your US PSN account? Or can you share PS+ from your primary account on the console with the US account on the same console to get the discount?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
But wouldn't you need PS+ with your US PSN account? Or can you share PS+ from your primary account on the console with the US account on the same console to get the discount?
He would just need one of those 30-day trials on the US account to make the discounted purchase.

Mupod

Just bought my brother's PS4 - I've got a 1 year PS+ code I bought ages ago, but he's still got plenty of time left on his and has no intention of buying another PS4 anytime soon. I noticed that I've got access to his PS+ features (aside from store discounts) while signed in on my account, since it's his primary PS4.

Now, obviously I'd like to take advantage of this. The question I have is, once his PS+ expires and I activate my own, will I be able to access the PS+ free games that were downloaded to the system using his account? Or does it only let you play those games with the account that 'bought' them, even if it's already downloaded on the system and you have an active PS+ subscription for a different account?

Just bought my brother's PS4 - I've got a 13 month PS+ code I bought ages ago, but he's still got plenty of time left on his and has no intention of buying another PS4 anytime soon. I noticed that I've got access to his PS+ features (aside from store discounts) while signed in on my account, since it's his primary PS4.

Now, obviously I'd like to take advantage of this. The question I have is, once his PS+ expires and I activate my own, will I be able to access the PS+ free games that were downloaded to the system using his account? Or does it only let you play those games with the account that 'bought' them, even if it's already downloaded on the system and you have an active PS+ subscription for a different account?
You will loose access to all games he downloaded free with his plus account. Anything he bought with actual money will still be there.

Just bought my brother's PS4 - I've got a 1 year PS+ code I bought ages ago, but he's still got plenty of time left on his and has no intention of buying another PS4 anytime soon. I noticed that I've got access to his PS+ features (aside from store discounts) while signed in on my account, since it's his primary PS4.

Seconding what ricen'beans said; pretty sure those games are tied to his accounts PS+ activity and not the console in question having a PS+ subscription. You'll lose all access to those games if you only have PS+ on a brand new account.

Mupod

That's what I figured, but it doesn't specify on their site whether games only check to see if theres a PS+ sub or if they need to be activated with a specific person's sub. I've apparently got until July next year to finish Strider then, heh.

As for this PS+ card I got - I bought it last christmas on sale expecting to buy a PS4, but I never had the money. Do these things expire? I mean, the card doesn't list an expiry date. But it's worrying that I can't find a straight official answer on this.

edit: seems the 'community' thinks they expire 1 year after purchase. But I can't find a confirmation anywhere.

Andvary

That's what I figured, but it doesn't specify on their site whether games only check to see if theres a PS+ sub or if they need to be activated with a specific person's sub. I've apparently got until July next year to finish Strider then, heh.

As for this PS+ card I got - I bought it last christmas on sale expecting to buy a PS4, but I never had the money. Do these things expire? I mean, the card doesn't list an expiry date. But it's worrying that I can't find a straight official answer on this.

edit: seems the 'community' thinks they expire 1 year after purchase. But I can't find a confirmation anywhere.

Money and PS+ cards don't expire. (promotional 1-month PS+ codes do expire)

Gurish

We'll find out the next batch of games this week! Will Driveclub finally come?

No and i think it's confirmed that DC is not yet ready to be on Plus, they just updated that there is a lot of job left to do for the retail version before they can even try figuring out the PS+ version.

JP

Yep. it was annonced as a Plustitle for the release.
Was that in the EU too? Really like the look of it and would happily buy it if it wasn't but not having to pay for it would be nicer.

Has 1001 spikes been a Plus title in the U.S. yet? That's another game I've been waiting for in the EU and keep hoping that it'll make a Plus showing (or any showing at all) but there still seems to be no sign of release.

I may splash out on the U.S. version this weekend as I have a long weekend off. Was hoping to avoid messing around with different regional accounts on the PS4 but I think this may well be dead in the EU now. :(

Top Bottom