• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Come: Deliverance trailer [Open world RPG, CryEngine, 2015, PS4/X1/PC]

UrbanRats

I'm really curious to see how the combat system will work, and i know the game should have both 1st and 3rd person, right?

And oh yeah, it looks amazing.

Really looking forward to the Alpha, they have been doing a nice job on updates (so sometimes spaced out quite a bit). Can't wait to hear more about the quests/story line they will have as well.

Hmm, they have really improved the lighting and modelling. Have they taken out the fighting and stuff though? Seems like Farmland Come: Deliverance (of lambs) from this trailer.

Not sure if I have got alpha access, but I don't care. I am down for the PS4 version and will wait until release.

Servbot24

Banned
I think that's one of the most bland, least inspiring things I've ever seen.

Skyrim's poison continues to degrade game design.

Terra_Ex

Looking really nice, don't think I pledged enough for alpha access but it'll be good to get some impressions on the combat from those that did.

KKRT00

I think that's one of the most bland, least inspiring things I've ever seen.

Skyrim's poison continues to degrade game design.

The most ignorant post yet in this thread, will see if someone beats You. Its very hard task, but i think someone will still manage :(

Damn, so glad to see this game progressing. One of the reasons I was hyped for current gen. Hope the devs get this baby shipped soon so I can get my hands on it.

Morokh

I'm really curious to see how the combat system will work, and i know the game should have both 1st and 3rd person, right?

And oh yeah, it looks amazing.

First person only iirc, I think they adress it in the last progress update video.

Open world, so by today's standards it's a 9/10 minimum :lol
Just joking, it seems very cool. I followed the prject since the early days, before the PS4 announcement in feb13.

GHG

Looks very nice. Will be interesting to see if this ever gets completed and if it turns out to be good.

Denton

Glorious 4K version of the teaser trailer is up on Gamersyde! Just head to download section to get the 4K file!

Are working at Warhorse ? :)
Gamersyde wrote "one of the developers had the great idea to upload the game's latest 4k teaser in Gamersyde's community section."
And it seems to be uploaded by you.

Looks great. Where is this set?

Samopše, Bohemia, 1403

How similar is the combat in this game to M&B?

It is first person and based on inverse kinematics, so not very. It should be pretty awesome though. Check out their combat update video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnKbKkhHXrQ

Pretty excited to be in the alpha for this :)

There Will Be Screenshots.
Right ? :)

-SD-

Banned
Took some pics from the 4K trailer. Black borders cropped.

qbcakwi2pam2dybt_kcd_f7epj.jpg

qbcakwi2pam2dybt_kcd_p8d1e.jpg

qbcakwi2pam2dybt_kcd_dvfxz.jpg

qbcakwi2pam2dybt_kcd_3rimr.jpg

qbcakwi2pam2dybt_kcd_pdfnc.jpg

qbcakwi2pam2dybt_kcd_8rf0m.jpg

Damerman

I'm sorry, but the whole medieval thing without fantasy is depressing to me... I felt really deep sense of despondency when i saw the lady praying in her little home and then doing the cross gesture. Its too realistic... and those times remind me nothing more than just despondence and helplessness. I guess this is a complement... the game looks too realistic.

EDIT: And if the writing is even more realistic... this game will just crush my soul.

JDSN

Banned
Looks really good, really managed to get me back on track of my hype train after all the gamergate nutbag shit Vávra has been posting on twitter lately.

Teremap

Banned
I'm sorry, but the whole medieval thing without fantasy is depressing to me... I felt really deep sense of despondency when i saw the lady praying in her little home and then doing the cross gesture. Its too realistic... and those times remind me nothing more than just despondence and helplessness. I guess this is a complement... the game looks too realistic.

EDIT: And if the writing is even more realistic... this game will just crush my soul.
I have to admit, I got the same sense out of the trailer.

Yet I embrace it. That atmosphere, the strong sense of place... I find great beauty in that, even if it is quite despondent.

Pachimari

Warhorse studios' boss is the guy who did Mafia and Mafia 2: http://www.warhorsestudios.cz/index.php?page=aboutus&lang=en

I'm a huge fan of both games and am very confident that KCD will be something else in the RPG market, and well worth my time and money.
That's not necessarily a good thing.

Many of the members of 2K Czech had real issues with him behind the scenes.

That said I'm really excited about this game but reading he is part of the team makes me sad.

Denton

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Many of the members of 2K Czech had real issues with him behind the scenes.

That said I'm really excited about this game but reading he is part of the team makes me sad.

If you are going to badmouth someone, it would be nice if you could be specific and provide some sources.
In any case, I find it impressive that if he is so bad, he still managed to attract dozens of people from former 2K Czech after it was killed by Take 2, not to mention other dozens of devs from around the world.

Top Bottom