• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Releases in 2024

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That's fair. However you would get traders from middle east there. Especially in a mining town.

Having a few Ottomans there would make sense. As long as it makes historical sense then I'm cool. It would be jarring seeing a Japanese knight for example, the same way it'd be jarring seeing a white English Mongolian warrior with a Geordie accent in Ghost of Tsushima.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Yeah, I’m in for round 2. Honestly wasn’t expecting them to continue Henry’s story, but I’m game. I guess you won’t need to grind away at a training dummy since he’s a hardened warrior now, so that alone would make the game more accessible.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
day one, i'll buy 10 copies
giphy.gif

Dazraell

Yeah, I’m in for round 2. Honestly wasn’t expecting them to continue Henry’s story, but I’m game. I guess you won’t need to grind away at a training dummy since he’s a hardened warrior now, so that alone would make the game more accessible.
I was watching one of the videos from the preview event Warhorse had recently and apparently the sequel will start in the same place where the first game has ended

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I'm the opposite of a graphics whore but that was very impressive! One of the first times where I didn't feel like the emphasis on realism was just for the sake of it, but actually serves the setting, story and gameplay. Well done!

Reactions: Isa

Gp1

I love developers who dare to age their characters. And not like Tekken where Heihashi is 70 years old for almost 20 years.

The only point that i really expect a improvement is the multi enemy combat.

The rest... "Good to see you Henry!"

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Yes, and they can include all kinds of different nationalities, all perfectly historically.

Nationality wasn't really a thing in the early 15th century. Yes, they can show different ethnicities, but it needs to make sense to the time period if they're going for historical accuracy.

StereoVsn

Nationality wasn't really a thing in the early 15th century. Yes, they can show different ethnicities, but it needs to make sense to the time period if they're going for historical accuracy.
Good point, Nationalism didn’t really start get going til maybe 18th century.

JayK47

I never got very far in the first one. But I still wanted to eventually get to it. Of course, they are saying this one is much larger than the first. Could be a 100 hour game. This looks interesting. If they improve upon the original, maybe I will just jump into the sequel.

Denton

Gamestar.de had the opportunity to play the game, here is their extensive preview

(it is behind paywall, hence justpaste, and is google translated from german, but pretty well)

An example: Every person in the entire game world is a unique NPC with a specific daily routine, specific place of residence, specific characteristics such as inventory, behavior and so on. That was true for the first part, but in a game world twice as large, including a medieval city? Ugh.
Second example: If I throw my valuable hat on the ground and a resident spots it, after a while he not only pockets the loot, but also puts the hat on himself! Scenes that happen exactly in the real world - especially at Oktoberfest.
Third example: If I pass out drunk, someone might steal from me. And I can then find this person in the city because someone will be wearing my shoes.
These examples illustrate what Prokop also confirms to me again: Kingdom Come 2 wants to go the extra mile to draw people as deeply into the scenario as possible. The world should feel believable, despite its size it sometimes risks being idle, but it offers more than just additional space.

Gamestar.de had the opportunity to play the game, here is their extensive preview

(it is behind paywall, hence justpaste, and is google translated from german, but pretty well)

Ahhhh this is what I was expecting from oblivion back in the day! I believe it's real this time, god I hope I can stomach the jank.

I'm gonnah redownload this first one and try again....

Braag

The first game ended on a cliffhanger if I remember correctly, I remember being a little baffled how abruptly it ended, just as you thought it was gonna pick up in a big way.
So makes sense it continues from where the first one ended.
I do hope the game is in a polished state once it drops, really excited for this.

Some folks on this thread are now disappointed! 😉
I just want big budget gaming to move forward to being able to tell stories as dark as something as in Game of Thrones, rather than something like the Walking Dead. They both have 'blood' in them but the themes in Walking Dead are almost PG comparatively, and that's what M rated games feel like. PG games with some blood and swearing.

Bojji

Deluding themselves into believing that the first game was "racist" and "historically inaccurate" because no black people were shown in a tiny slice of 1400s rural Bohemia. The usual lunacy.

I mean developers could have changed history and create alternate reality where Kingdom of Nri attacks Bohemia with help from Japanese Samurais. But fucking racists wanted to stick with real history...

So Kingdom Come 2 has been announced and let me guess ..no announcement of a patch for 60 fps on consoles for KC:D?

I would've been embarrassed to reveal my next game having not done the bare minimum effort to improve the previous game to take advantage of new hardware, but these publishers and higher ups have no shame. A game like KC1 is practically unplayable at 30 fps.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
PSA

The first game is currently on sale for just $4 on Xbox right now.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
yep, ps5 pro is required.

they will give us native ps5 version of the first game right? RIGHT?

Last edited:
Top Bottom