• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo releases Halloween Themes for 3DS

I want them all.

If they're going to keep this up, they need to implement a "shuffle" feature, a "playlist" feature, and a "calendar" feature.

"Shuffle"
Load a random theme (from a list of your favorites) every time you return to the HOME Menu. (Or maybe a new theme every time you change software titles.)

"Playlist"
Make a list of your favorite themes and set them to cycle in sequence after set amounts of time or a certain amount of game launches. Maybe assign certain themes to specific titles.

"Calendar"
Set themes of your choosing to automatically be set on certain days of the year. Have your new Halloween theme automatically show up every October from now on!
Yes.

If they're going to keep this up, they need to implement a "shuffle" feature, a "playlist" feature, and a "calendar" feature.

"Shuffle"
Load a random theme (from a list of your favorites) every time you return to the HOME Menu. (Or maybe a new theme every time you change software titles.)

"Playlist"
Make a list of your favorite themes and set them to cycle in sequence after set amounts of time or a certain amount of game launches. Maybe assign certain themes to specific titles.

"Calendar"
Set themes of your choosing to automatically be set on certain days of the year. Have your new Halloween theme automatically show up every October from now on!
I hope they dont do that, its dangerous for my wallet

jblank83

"Shuffle"

"Playlist"

"Calendar"

You deserve a soda.

Josh7289

Making that 円円円円円円円円円円円円 like nobody's business.

Oh my god the cat one is so cute

Beckx

Nintendo, destroying my wallet, one idea at a time.

B0KKWgJIYAA-sYW.jpg

Jackano

So that's their new thing now... Releasing a large bunch of themes and cover plates (all a little bit overpriced if you asks me)?
Will still buy that Zelda one because it's better than the ALBW one! :>(

RagnarokX

$2 is a bit pricey for menu themes in general, but for themes you'll use at most 31 days a year? The Zelda one could at least pass year round if it didn't have "Trick or Treat" on the top screen.

Grizzo

So that's their new thing now... Releasing a large bunch of themes and cover plates (all a little bit overpriced if you asks me)?
Will still buy that Zelda one because it's better than the ALBW one! :>(

2 euros does sound a little too steep for what it is.

1 euro would be much better, and I think they would sold even more of them at that price.

Tortimer

Do we know if these themes will transfer from my current 3DS to the New 3DS whenever it comes out in the US?

I need the AC Halloween one...

This shit really needs to be coupled with game purchases.

You buy Animal Crossing, you get one Animal Crossing theme.
You buy Kirby, you get a Kirby theme.

I will never ever spend money on this kind of thing, but attaching it to a product adds important value, I'd say.

Tortimer

I will never ever spend money on this kind of thing, but attaching it to a product adds important value, I'd say.

I can see it being included as a preorder bonus, but the themes are kind of a dumb thing for people (like me) to waste extra money on. That's kind of their point.

RagnarokX

Yeah. It's crazy that you don't get something like the ALBW theme for free for having ALBW.

vareon

Final Fantasy Explorers had themes as preorder bonus.

adroit

The Halloween themes are now available in the US. Can someone in Canada check to see if they're available there too?

adroit

No free code for me (thanks, NOA). I bought all three themes (like a boss). I'm rockin' the kitty today. The forecast for tomorrow is Animal Crossing.

L95

The Halloween themes are now available in the US. Can someone in Canada check to see if they're available there too?

Might get the Zelda one when I get home later today.

These themes are dangerous and I really shouldn't be buying them....

Tom_Cody

Nice.

Zelda will be mine, although themes are kind of useless to me at the moment since I haven't played anything other than Smash since it was launched.

Kacho

Sweet. I'll be buying the Animal Crossing theme this evening for sure. I may pick up the general cat theme as well since I really like the music.

Top Bottom