• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actos Games Announces Wii U eShop Exclusive psyscrolr (GAFFER made)

Cyd0nia

Banned
I love how easily this puts games like the letter and such to shame. It looks great and the music is great too.. Good work Ashodin / Show Me Your Skeleton! I'll support your work

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Looks superb! Carry on, guys, so I can play it ; )

Ashodin

I'll also probably be looking to do some sort of giveaway near when it releases as well because I love GAF.

Also, next week is about the Lore and history of the game.

LordGouda

I need this in my veins. So badly. Like... I want to inject 5 wholes of it. Such a great game from what the trailer showed!

Ashodin

The game will have lots of fun secrets to find... I'm hoping you'll enjoy the mini-games in it as well, they will allow you to post your score on Miiverse and challenge others!

Ashodin

Here's another update on DEVELOPMENT before Friday's Trailer (Lore and Narrative)

Stage 1-3a - Moon Rover - You utilize the GamePad's accelerometer to move the Rover!

1rSYblU.gif

eY89ze8.gif

GL8lcTX.gif

See you Friday!

Ashodin

Just a quick update, the SageScrolr video has been postponed until Monday. There are some scenes and stuff I want to touch up for the video.

Ashodin

Another update - the video has been postponed until THIS Friday, and will be the last in the series as I need to finish up the game for release.

Secondly, have a gander at the latest stuff I've been crafting!

qX4fy3C.gif

lzGXSUU.gif

mT5lWIm.gif

Ashodin

Hey people, quick update: We've got a hidden sound test in the game for you to find!

2gnOXUy.gif

Also, we're in the run up to the launch of the game, which we're definitely targeting December.

Foshy

Can't wait for everyone to be able to hear the soundtrack!

and for the game itself to come out, of course :)

TunaLover

I like the minimalist art, it reminds me Cave Story somehow, maybe because the character, have you thinking about a tentative price point?

batbeg

While I'd heard of this I somehow missed the fact you're the same developer as Apexicon. I knew there was some overlap, but I thought like a stray artist or something was it. So you are officially making two of the games I most want on the Wii U at the moment Ashodin, congratulations! Very excited to dig into this, and am hoping for some speedy progress on Apexicon when you are able.

I noticed it said Apexicon backers are getting psyscrolr episode one for free, so obviously this is going to be an episodic game. Any idea how many episodes you are planning, or are the "episodes" more like the games within the established world you mentioned in the last video update?

Edit: I agree with the above poster, too, in that particular instance the text looks rather unfortunate.

Ashodin

I like the minimalist art, it reminds me Cave Story somehow, maybe because the character, have you thinking about a tentative price point?

$4.99.

Can't wait to buy/play this.

I played Diablo with Ashodin once. Who wants to touch me?

Yes!

When do you see yourself submitting this to Nintendo?

Soon as I get a game code.

While I'd heard of this I somehow missed the fact you're the same developer as Apexicon. I knew there was some overlap, but I thought like a stray artist or something was it. So you are officially making two of the games I most want on the Wii U at the moment Ashodin, congratulations! Very excited to dig into this, and am hoping for some speedy progress on Apexicon when you are able.

I noticed it said Apexicon backers are getting psyscrolr episode one for free, so obviously this is going to be an episodic game. Any idea how many episodes you are planning, or are the "episodes" more like the games within the established world you mentioned in the last video update?

Edit: I agree with the above poster, too, in that particular instance the text looks rather unfortunate.

Awesome that it's your most anticipated!

Yes it will be episodes, I have six planned.

The established world will be expanded upon with other games in other genres. FPS, for example.

GulAtiCa

Soon as I get a game code.

I assume you have already applied for Publisher account and submitted project info and now just waiting on approval/game code right?

Don't worry about trying to rush out the game before end of year, as each week that goes by there is less of a chance that this will happen. But, it's still early Nov. I think submitting by Nov 23rd should still give you a decent shot at releasing before end of year.

And yes, I owe you a PM on my previous lotcheck failure lessons. haha

Ashodin

Quick update: the game is going through a second round of testing at NOA, but I don't expect to release until January. Still, I hope you all will play it!

Ashodin

Another update: bug fixing is a harsh mistress, but we're nearing the end of the tunnel on that, so there's bound to be a release in March, and when there is, we'll let you know!

GulAtiCa

Another update: bug fixing is a harsh mistress, but we're nearing the end of the tunnel on that, so there's bound to be a release in March, and when there is, we'll let you know!
Oh how I know that to be true! I had issues cause hard to find bugs before release. Now in similar situation for new patch handling error codes causing me grief. Haha.

Glad to hear it's still coming.

Top Bottom