• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

That's a very cynically view. Thus far, the US version has matched everything the JP version does, sans the regional exclusive dungeons. No reason to think this won't be the case.
I think we all agree that it's a question of "when" not "if" the 5-min stamina upgrade makes it over to us. Not sure how much of a programming hurdle it is (doubtful it's much) but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if their decision making on the matter is entirely influenced by how much $$$ they can squeeze out of the NA playerbase first.

linsivvi

I think we all agree that it's a question of "when" not "if" the 5-min stamina upgrade makes it over to us. Not sure how much of a programming hurdle it is (doubtful it's much) but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if their decision making on the matter is entirely influenced by how much $$$ they can squeeze out of the NA playerbase first.

Or we could look at it objectively and see that 5 mins stamina was introduced in version 7.2 and we are getting the 7.2.1 update this weekend.

It doesn't even hurt their bottom line that much anyway since the stamina rate doesn't do anything on blitzing through hourly dungeons.

Or we could look at it objectively and see that 5 mins stamina was introduced in version 7.2 and we are getting the 7.2.1 update this weekend.

It doesn't even hurt their bottom line that much anyway since the stamina rate doesn't do anything on blitzing through hourly dungeons.
The news of the 7.2.1 update came about 30 minutes after my post. :p

I'm going to have to recalculate my stamina use for my Monday rankup if 5 min stamina is in this update.

Althane

Finally am able to complete trifruits somewhat reliably. Gonna start skilling my sonias.

Got one on blonia already! Of like 4 blue fruits

What's your team? I'm thinking I should put something together to try to skill-up my Ronia (I have two now, why not skill 'em up?).

Hige

Why look at it objectively when I can speculate and come up with conspiracy theories?

Seriously, we've generally had parity with JP version updates when we get the same version number. Some things have come later/never (PADW) and some things have come earlier than expected (Hera/Zeus etc. permanent dungeons), so I didn't expect the 5 minute stamina update to arrive as soon as it was available in Japan or even soon after. It's the prominent feature of the "PAD Chapter 2" update.

So my last 4 Godfest rolls were silver and star (below silver) eggs. Rolled 3 times now. Got two silvers (Shardral, some dragon thingy that converts heart to poison) and mystic flame knight. 7 Godfest pulls basically and not a single Gold. And it is fucking Godfest and Director's Carnival. I really fucking detest this game. Very glad I've only ever given them 5 dollars. I won't be giving them more, ever.

Holy fuck this guy is bad at the game. Woooow.

ZeroAKA

So my last 4 Godfest rolls were silver and star (below silver) eggs. Rolled 3 times now. Got two silvers (Shardral, some dragon thingy that converts heart to poison) and mystic flame knight. 7 Godfest pulls basically and not a single Gold. And it is fucking Godfest and Director's Carnival. I really fucking detest this game. Very glad I've only ever given them 5 dollars. I won't be giving them more, ever.
My luck is worse. :(

zoku88

Tried my luck.

Got
Gabriel
Shardran
Archangel Lucifer

I guess Gabriel can be used as a leader sometimes, doesn't really work as a sub for any of my current leaders... And don't have a use for shar.

I've been waiting for as Lucifer, though:)

Quantum

That's a very cynically view. Thus far, the US version has matched everything the JP version does, sans the regional exclusive dungeons. No reason to think this won't be the case.

you are correct, I wasn't in a good mood and it definitely salted my post.

I look forward to being wrong.

I think I'm just a little turned off on the game - I've been trying to skill up a twin star lev and its driving me a bit crazy. Twenty Three skill levels. seriously?

- I would like see PDz, PDw come to the states,
- I would like to see Gungho communicate better with its players
- I would like some protection or a server side account for my game now that I've played for so long

I stand by my feeling that Gungho is farming whales, but most if not all IAP games do that to a certain extent. I think there is a serious problem with experience gain for gods that you iap, and a serious limit to the + eggs afterwards.

jiggle

Waiting for dev choice to finish before rolling
Really hoping for a 3rd ronia or my first grodin

There's also an actual guaranteed skillup monster though. One for each color.

edit: Final roll, Siren. 8 rolls and not a single gold egg.
Do u remember the names?
Or the dungeon I can look them up?

I'm not really a fan of Antonio looking up the dungeons before he runs them; blind descended runs are probably some of the most fun I've had with PAD. Would have loved to see him experience the gimmick of Thoth and Sopdet instead of blowing past it.

I'm not really a fan of Antonio looking up the dungeons before he runs them; blind descended runs are probably some of the most fun I've had with PAD. Would have loved to see him experience the gimmick of Thoth and Sopdet instead of blowing past it.

I run dungeons blind and my roommate calls me a moron for it :(.

FZZ

Banned
Ayy got Kirin on my only pull

But I'm playing a lot more Monsterstrike right now so I'm going to be taking a break with PAD for a while.

linsivvi

I think I'm just a little turned off on the game - I've been trying to skill up a twin star lev and its driving me a bit crazy. Twenty Three skill levels. seriously?

This is what I do: I only skill up the absolute essential mobs. It would be nice if Gungho would raise the skill up rate substantially, but we all know that's not gonna happen in the near future. So instead of splitting hair I'd rather spend the stamina on evolving and maxing everything under the sun. Makes the game a lot less frustrating at this stage.

Gaspode_T

Jp account:
Green ninja dude (sasuke?)
Leviathan

US account
Mystic Flame Knight
Titan

Godfest am broken????????? I demand compensation stones :p

Every friday I use all the stones I've saved during the weak to try and get my develit and an angelit drops.I have 6 of these freaking things. Aggravating how you can power through a hard piece of content and still get screwed.

Took me long enough, but...
aJca3yn.jpg

Of course, since I needed dubmyths, the baby tama dropped.

Ayy got Kirin on my only pull

But I'm playing a lot more Monsterstrike right now so I'm going to be taking a break with PAD for a while.

Not sure if MS has its own thread, so I will post here. Is there a good starter guide for MS that covers good monsters and such? And what dungeons to run, what to save up, etc...

Not sure if MS has its own thread, so I will post here. Is there a good starter guide for MS that covers good monsters and such? And what dungeons to run, what to save up, etc...
OT is here with a tier list in the op.

All of my luck has gone to my NA account now that I've given up on it. Went 6/7 gold last godfest and did a single roll today and got Haku. Meanwhile, I'm 1/7 on my JP account. Shouldn't have rolled in the first place, but I guess I got too hyped up after seeing what Egyptian 2.0 could do.

Epic Drop

This was the worst godfest I've ever had.

I had 3 rolls from free stones, and since it's my birthday today, I splurged and bought 4 more rolls (I hadn't IAP'd in months). 4 star eggs, 2 worthless silver eggs, 1 worthless troll gold egg.

I wanted a chinese god so bad :(

I think I'm done ever IAPing this game. It feels so shitty when you drop $15 and get literally nothing for it.

Top Bottom