• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Flandy

Anything else I should grab?
Anything I should drop?
B8KVUd_CEAIod6p.png:large

Spent about an hour with DJ Max Technica Tune on the Vita today and I'm incredibly disappointed. It's garbage for me for two reasons. The music does absolutely nothing for me - it's just terrible. And I feel like I'm playing a $1.99 phone game with the touch screen mechanics. Except I spent $45 on this one, lol. It's about 1% of the game Elite Beat Agents is IMO. I loved the songs in EBA and the stylus interface allowed the very precise timing. I'm just tilting the Vita every which way trying to reach all the spots with my thumbs. I might think you're supposed to lay the Vita down and use your fingertips, except there's a rear touch mechanic, too.

At least I bought a physical copy - off to the BST thread ....

SerTapTap

Not sure I'll ever get any actual stars in the Driveclub events in the Season Pass but hey, new cars and excuses to drive on the new tracks. I like the game but it's a good reminder of why I rarely buy racing games.

Except wipeout. Give wipeout, Sony

BTW I recommend Legend of Mana (it is three whole dollars right now), great amount of depth for an JRPG of it's time. Crazy amount of optional (and occasionally missable) events, dungeons, tons of recruitable monsters, craftable weapons, you make your own world map, action combat system too. Blew my mind at the time, still enjoy it though I have to start over. RIP PS1 memory card

Also, since a lot is missable, if you want a perfect playthrough use a guide. I had 3 playthroughs as a kid that were imperfect so I decided I'd use a guide this time.

Anything else I should grab?
Anything I should drop?
Haven't really seen anyone say good things about strike suit zero but everyone seems to be getting it.

Futuridium has pretty sweet music. Gameplay is basically git gud or die, I enjoyed it (got a review copy) but it's not for everyone. A potential morpheus version is on the table but I'm not sure if morpheus versions will be cross buy/patches/whatever.
It's definitely more distracting than Shinovi Versus, I often missed notes due to lewd animations. haha

Just keep your eyes low and consider it part of the difficulty.

Spot

Hey VitaGaf, I have a quick question for you. Should I get Tales of Hearts R or Ys Celceta? I've never played a Ys game before but I've played a lot of the Tales of games and was just wondering if Hearts was any good.

Hey VitaGaf, I have a quick question for you. Should I get Tales of Hearts R or Ys Celceta? I've never played a Ys game before but I've played a lot of the Tales of games and was just wondering if Hearts was any good.

As someone who has played both thoroughly, I'd pick Ys any day.

autoduelist

Man, I am seriously contemplating 3rd Birthday. I have no attachment to the franchise so don't care if they changed things... gameplay looks quite interesting, I hear vita analog fixes some issues... hrm. It's hard to know what those reviews would say if PE wasn't attached to the game.

Also, since a lot is missable,

and... my interest in the game just plummeted. I hate gaming with a guide, and I hate missing stuff. Is the stuff important? Like S tier weapons?

Tizoc

That actually makes me slightly interested, but even on PS TV I'm not sure about playing a vert shmup at PSP's res/ratio. Don't suppose it has a rotated display option?

Indeed it does! But the controls...become odd...

Pre-ordered Grim Fandango >=3 Time to experience one of the best PnC Games of all time on dat glorious OLED on the go.

If non of ya'all bought it, I'm disappointed in ya'all =(

Bittercup

How is remote play for Resident Evil HD Remaster? Especially how are the controls?
I'm considering getting either the PC or PS4 version. Remote play would be the deciding factor if the controls are fine.

Picked up Infamous: Second Son new for $20... I really like it so far. Did a bunch of sidestuff for too long before finally going to get Fetch. Delsin and Fetch remind me of Chamber and Jubilee from Generation X, but with more fleshed out powers and personality:

I like these characters and the story direction more than I did Infamous 1, for now. I never played through 2 even though I had it on PS+ for years.

You should most definitely play inFamous 2, a great leap from inFamous 1, in terms of powers, variety and side missions. Best story too.

incpdo

Ys is suposed to be better

Has anyone ever tried a concerted effort to get more psp games onto the store? Games like Metal Gear Acid, Warhammer, D&D Tactics, Valkyria Profile Lenneth, etc...

I realize some games are definitely not up due to licensing - I know that's the stock answer and i also know in most cases it's the reason because licensing is a nightmare. But just as I think it's legitimate to assume in most cases it's licensing, there's got to be a couple cases where it's just oversight and some fan pressure might get a game up (recent examples of this being Suikoden II, Vib Ribbon, etc). Obviously convincing Disney to put up BBS is likely a waste of time, but I'd think we'd have a chance with others.

What do you think the potential would be, as a community, to create a list of the most wanted missing psp games, and then, one by one, contacting the publishers and seeing if we can overcome their inertia? Pipe dream? Possible?

The missing Ac!d games always strikes me as odd. All other PSP Metal Gear titles are available digital, even the Digital Graphic Novel. Maybe it'll happen one day, MGS4 received a trophy patch years later, and was made available digital only recently.

Virtue's Last Reward is sooo good but goddamn all the travelling cutscene things are getting annoying. Is it just a way to hide load screens?

That irritated me a lot, luckily Danganronpa doesn't have that. I would much rather stare at loading screen.

Toki767

Finally made my PSN purchase.

Shadow Warrior, OlliOlli, Duodecim, Costume Quest 2, and Legend of Mana all for $22.47.

I'm satisfied with the "Better Than Nothing" sale.

I got Suikoden, Suikoden II, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve, Xenogears, Grandia, Alundra, Jeanne d'Arc and Brandish: The Dark Revenant for $73.71

I was planning to "complete" (not entirely there yet) my PSOne classic collection at some point anyway and got tired of waiting for sales (Legend of Mana was a welcome coincidence). Played most of them before except for Parasite Eve and Legend of Mana, but I'm planning to replay Grandia and Alundra soonish. Just started Brandish and can recommend it so far if you like slow and methodical dungeon exploration.

Also got both Senran Kagura games from EU because why not. No DLC though.

nampad

Forgot to buy Brandish with my discount code :/

Only played 5 hours of Tales so far while I was hooked on Ys so I recommend the latter.

Tizoc

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deadmage/children-of-morta/posts/1115845

Children of Morta stretch goals are up. PS4 version is 80k, Vita is 90k, and after less than a week they're at 37k so it's definitely possible to get there.

After reading about Toki Tori devs dismissing Vita as it wouldn't be commercially viable for a TT2 port, it's reliving to see another indie dev prioritizing Vita over basically every other system except PS4.

Many Kickstarters have had a Vita stretch goal in the past months.

SerTapTap

I bought $150 in 20% off PSN cards on eBay on black friday thinking I'd be good for most of the year. I'm at $40 now. Well crap.

Random thought, but I tried Legend of Mana remoteplay from PS3 and man, I want PS4 to have PS1 games just so I can get proper remoteplay of them. Also, cloud saves for PS1 games please.

and... my interest in the game just plummeted. I hate gaming with a guide, and I hate missing stuff. Is the stuff important? Like S tier weapons?

None of it is necessary to finish the game. I think you actually need to craft to do S Tier weapons, though certain things like a full mana orchard and best weapon/material shops require somewhat careful planning. You can miss out on some side quests by siding with the wrong people, being a dick to sidequest givers etc. It's way worth the $3 even if you manage to lock yourself out of everything possible though, not many locations are missable, most side things aren't super huge.

I think if you just place the locations on the map in the positions the guide I linked showed, everything will be perfect except events (I believe but am not 100% sure that order/choices do matter there). I hate missables as much as you, but the game works perfectly fine without them. I do wish devs would design pretty much all non-roguelike games to not have missables though.

Pre-ordered Grim Fandango >=3 Time to experience one of the best PnC Games of all time on dat glorious OLED on the go.

I know tons of people on GAF did, but it won't be in anyone's 10% off cart because the 10% doesn't work on preorders

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deadmage/children-of-morta/posts/1115845

Children of Morta stretch goals are up. PS4 version is 80k, Vita is 90k, and after less than a week they're at 37k so it's definitely possible to get there.

After reading about Toki Tori devs dismissing Vita as it wouldn't be commercially viable for a TT2 port, it's reliving to see another indie dev prioritizing Vita over basically every other system except PS4.
Wow, i want that game on Vita..

superbad

Indeed it does! But the controls...become odd...

Planning on buying it on Tuesday, but I'm a bit disappointed that it runs in 4:3 still.

I bought Driveclub and OlliOlli

clicked to download Driveclub to my PS4, the page freezed and when I reloaded it I came to PSN main page. When I go to my download list there is a lot of PS3 titles on top with date 19/1 this year even though I bought them much earlier and my PS4 content is nowhere to be seen. I have 1440 objects in the download list and do not want to search through this absolute travesty of user design......

what has happened?

clicked to download Driveclub to my PS4, the page freezed and when I reloaded it I came to PSN main page. When I go to my download list there is a lot of PS3 titles on top with date 19/1 this year even though I bought them much earlier and my PS4 content is nowhere to be seen. I have 1440 objects in the download list and do not want to search through this absolute travesty of user design......

what has happened?

Looks like Sony updated your PS Plus, assuming you have Plus. It bumps all Plus content to the top whenever you resubscribe.

I played some WipEout for the first time in more than 15 years (maybe more) last night after picking it up in the recent sale. I only played a few tracks, but it really holds up! Felt great on the PS3 even though I'm usually pretty sensitive to input lag, especially with racing games.

And best of all - I pulled up the options menu, choose 'upload save data' and there it was: my old file from the 1990s. I imported all of my PS1 saves to my PS3 when I got the console years ago. Didn't have to think about anything. It was just there. I even set a new lap time record last night. It was almost like picking back up right where I left off.

I love having such an accessible legacy on the PS3. Sony really needs to more closely tie the PS4 into the rest of the PlayStation ecosystem.

Has anyone ever tried a concerted effort to get more psp games onto the store? Games like Metal Gear Acid, Warhammer, D&D Tactics, Valkyria Profile Lenneth, etc...

I realize some games are definitely not up due to licensing - I know that's the stock answer and i also know in most cases it's the reason because licensing is a nightmare. But just as I think it's legitimate to assume in most cases it's licensing, there's got to be a couple cases where it's just oversight and some fan pressure might get a game up (recent examples of this being Suikoden II, Vib Ribbon, etc). Obviously convincing Disney to put up BBS is likely a waste of time, but I'd think we'd have a chance with others.

What do you think the potential would be, as a community, to create a list of the most wanted missing psp games, and then, one by one, contacting the publishers and seeing if we can overcome their inertia? Pipe dream? Possible?

I'm game for this. Anything to put more games out there right? As somebody that didn't have a PSP; I'd love to have more games on my Vita!

Zhao_Yun

Don't know whether we could influence anything but I would definitely support such an effort. I never played Valkyrie Profile Lenneth for example and would love to play it on my Vita instead of using my old PSP for it.

jvm

Gamasutra.
How is remote play for Resident Evil HD Remaster? Especially how are the controls?
I'm considering getting either the PC or PS4 version. Remote play would be the deciding factor if the controls are fine.
Yesterday I played some REmaster on remote play using the PSV. Was nigh perfect. Pretty pleased with that purchase!

Delete all of it, Guacamelee is enough. ;)
Correct answer!

Planning on buying it on Tuesday, but I'm a bit disappointed that it runs in 4:3 still.
It's Grim Fandango, for crying out loud. We're lucky to get it at all!

SerTapTap

$40 1 year PS+ cards via Buy. Cheapest they usually are until Black Friday...also they were still only $40 on blackfriday this year. Multiplayer paygate may have robbed us of $30 PS+ for a while

Looks like Sony updated your PS Plus, assuming you have Plus. It bumps all Plus content to the top whenever you resubscribe.

Yes, it's annoying. But on PS4 just go to your Library to find games that you own.

what has happened?

Go to DriveClub in the system's store and click download, or use the webstore to add it to your PS4

The download list isn't the end all to be all, and is pretty useless. If you know what you want, just go to the page and click download instead.

Forgot to buy Brandish with my discount code :/

I "forgot" to wait to buy Brandish and RE:make HD (and the digital copy of LBP3 I bought for convenience) with my 10% discount. By forget, I mean I didn't know I'd have it and bought them day 1 like an idiot.

VLiberty

NA sales are pretty good as usual, I wish EU sales were on par

edit: I wanted to get a portable Monkey Ball. I have the iOS game but tilt controls are shit.
I was torn between either the 3DS game or Banana Splitz, and Adventure, which I was excited to play since when I first saw a preview on a PS magazine(I loved the look of the locations), but never got around to play it, mainly because it was trashed by the reviews(back when I still cared about reviews). Does it have classic levels too?

Are there major differences between the 3DS game and Banana Splitz?

Many Kickstarters have had a Vita stretch goal in the past months.

Yeah but it's kinda scaring when someone says that the system isn't viable, but luckily it was just an exception.

I wanted to use that 10% code but the sales in EU are so weak that it's not worth using.

I'll wait longer for proper price on SK games.

Top Bottom