• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Al Bundy Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite episode was when their air conditioner broke so they camped out in the frozen food aisle of a supermarket.

cbUHwVA.jpg

No, thank you!

BkMogul

I still recite this one. Don't know if it was already posted.

Al: Peg, I needed D's, not A's.
Peggy: Well, what's the difference?
Al: They're too small
Peggy: So use alot of them.
Al: You know what, I'll go and exchange them....FOR BULLETS.

MAtgS

You know, Al really should've gone into professional wrestling full time. Most wrestlers are already HS/college football drop-outs so he'd be a natural. Sure he'd break every bone in his body on a weekly basis but then he'd be fully healed & ready to go by next week. That kind of magical healing factor would make him a valuable commodity in the business. Promoters would have their real stars legitimately beat the shit out of him & audiences would eat up how much more real it looks (because in his case it is). Being able to leech off of King Kong Bundy's name for additional notoriety is also a plus.

Eventually Al would get hired as a full time jobber in WWF & be making the big bucks, a whole five figure salary (that's doesn't cover medical bills or travel). Best of all he'd be on the road 300 days a year, 300 days of not having to put up with the wife or kids.

I only got to watch the show sporadically, but the times that stood out to me were when Al and Peg were a legit team. End of the day, they loved each other whether they were given opportunity to bounce or not. Pretty sure Al turned down Vanna White because he loved Peg.

You know, Al really should've gone into professional wrestling full time. Most wrestlers are already HS/college football drop-outs so he'd be a natural. Sure he'd break every bone in his body on a weekly basis but then he'd be fully healed & ready to go by next week. That kind of magical healing factor would make him a valuable commodity in the business. Promoters would have their real stars legitimately beat the shit out of him & audiences would eat up how much more real it looks (because in his case it is). Being able to leech off of King Kong Bundy's name for additional notoriety is also a plus.

Eventually Al would get hired as a full time jobber in WWF & be making the big bucks, a whole five figure salary (that's doesn't cover medical bills or travel). Best of all he'd be on the road 300 days a year, 300 days of not having to put up with the wife or kids.

Well he tried, but it didn't end well:

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/12/al_bundy_and_big_bad_mama-106243.gif

fritolay

I tried to rewatch some episodes a while ago and I can't stand it. The laugh track, the stupidity of it all. Ugh.
I think I only watched it as a kid because I was in love with Kelly.
Here's to Kelly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkJXYKmTDzw

I watched some of the episodes recently, and they were just hilarious and I forgot how funny they were!

I urge everyone to catch up TV syndication, if you haven't unplugged your TV service yet, and watch some more of this show.

Oaktree

Banned
Awesome show. My favorite two episodes are the one with Hightower and the one where the Bundy's and the Darcy's have a shop off in the supermarket.

Spinluck

Show was fuckin brilliant.

Not many shows shot it straight like this at the time from what I understand. People saying it didn't age are crazy. Al is one of the best sitcom characters period, his family was great at being terrible too. Everyone had their time to shine but Al Bundy always ruled the floor.

Sadist

Al Bundy is one of the greatest. Every now and then I'll catch an episode and laugh my ass off. There are a few things that are a bit... retro, but overall Ed's acting is fantastic. The delivery of his lines were exeptional at times.

Giggled when Ed O'Neill appeared on a epsiode of 8 simple rules as the old boyfriend of Katey Sagal.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Someone post the image that says Al's life appears to suck when you're a kid, but when you're an adult it's a pretty great life.

tmdorsey

One of my all time favorite characters and favorite television shows. Ed O'Neil was so underrated in how he pulled off this character. His timing, delivery and even the subtle little reactions and body language were damn near flawless.

The one thing I think people don't talk about enough is how creative and generally good the writing and directing was on the show. I mean the show went on for 11 seasons and I would say 90-90% of the episodes were original ideas and hardly ever recycled.

mackattk

A shame this never got a DVD release.

What the hell is going on there? That's the shitty version anyway without the Frank Sinatra song. I have that one bought for $20, and I've been rebuying it on Mill Creek DVDs. Once I've rebought them all, I plan to never use this collection again.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GOC74YI/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - Seasons 1 and 2 - $7
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I099JYQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20 Seasons 3 and 4 - $7
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MNOLCA8/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - Seasons 5 and 6 - $7

FaintDeftone

Where the beer gives you gas, and the Bundys kill ass!

Where you can see a thigh and black an eye!

Married with Children is my all-time favorite sitcom. I grew up watching it with my dad who is also a big fan of it. When I tell people this, they always think I'm crazy. So happy to see this thread!

I remember when they robbed a seafood buffet and brought it home in giant garbage bags.
The news then reported 100 pounds of seafood tainted with botulism was stolen by a family of hobos and the Bundy's didn't give a shit.

I also remember them constantly making jokes that Marcie looked like Bruce Jenner...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom