• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chance The Rapper just dropped his album with The Social Experiment (and it's free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
CGJOzl6WkAAvLMO.jpg

Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment
Surf
iTunes link (yes, it's free on iTunes)

Tracklist
01. Miracle
02. Slip Slide
03. Warm Enough
04. Nothing Came to Me
05. Wanna Be Cool
06. Windows
07. Caretaker
08. Just Wait
09. Familiar
10. Smthnthtlwnt
11. Go
12. Questions
13. Something Came to Me
14. Rememory
15. Sunday Candy
16. Pass the Vibes

Fjordson

This is pretty interesting so far. I like how upbeat / laid back a lot of it is. Though I could use more Chance verses.

Nah, ambien rap is J. Cole's lane. This is pretty good.

Edit: on second thought, I'm not sure if you mean lullaby album as a bad thing lol.

Lol I do mean it as a bad thing . Talib Kweli used to call boring rappers lullaby rappers haha. J cole is definitely a rapper who puts people sleep, chance has sort of been that way to as far as his solo work goes, features he's not too bad usually .

Fjordson

Not really a Chance album as far as like a hip-hop follow up to Acid Rap, but I really like this.

Edit: the Quavo feature on Familiar. Whew. Had to play that one back.

Too bad Kyle is on Wanna Be Cool. Took the track and fucking crashed it into a tree.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I need to get on this. I was obsessed with his "thiiiirsty thirsty, try the juice" song a while back but never really checked out anything else by him. He seems like a cool dude and I like how he includes his profession in his name.

Not really a Chance album as far as like a hip-hop follow up to Acid Rap, but I really like this.

Edit: the Quavo feature on Familiar. Whew. Had to play that one back.

Too bad Kyle is on Wanna Be Cool. Took the track and fucking crashed it into a tree.

wait...is Kyle THE infamous Kyle? The rapper who released gaf hop's song of the year 'keep it real'?

....wtf

Excited to listen to it, hopefully it surpasses Acid Rap. Plus needed something to take my attention away The Waters mixtape, a masterpiece

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
loved Acid Rap, only a few tracks in but this is great stuff

edit: Sunday Candy is pure brilliance, you can hear that early Ye influence

Noooo this album is such a let down for those who wanted a chance project. Would of loved for him to release a solo project along side this album. Ughhh

Moonkid

I think the iTunes download is region-locked, won't show up on my store. Anyone know where you can download it in reasonable quality? The instrumentation here is fantastic.

Chariot

I think the iTunes download is region-locked, won't show up on my store. Anyone know where you can download it in reasonable quality? The instrumentation here is fantastic.
Yeah, it's USA only :(
What a bummer.

edit: huh, iTunes told me that I can just change the store. Well, ok then.

Grakl

Good album, and it's Chance's album, but... not his album. Lots of his influence but if you want a Chance-centered album this isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom