• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Radeon Fury X Review Thread | $649 | Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash63

Wow. Was really expecting more given the die size and memory bandwidth. Hope these numbers aren't accurate from oc3d.

Makes me wish I'd bit on a 980 ti on launch day.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Look at the benchmarks for the 1080p tests o_O

How the hell is the Fury X so much slower than the 980ti at the lower resolutions??

Zaph

Hardocp Conclusion said:
The new AMD Fiji GPU and Fury X video card looks awesome on paper, but has underwhelmed and disappointed us when it comes to real world gameplay. The AMD Radeon R9 Fury X feels like a proof of concept for HBM technology.

Ouch. Guess that explains the odd AMD benchmark settings.

Tadie

This is not looking really good for AMD.

I think Nvidia made a smart move to ship the 980 TI before Fury launched.

dEvAnGeL

so the 980ti manages to be faster in pretty much every game benchmark,at the same price tag as the 980ti with 2 less gigs of vram, hmm, interesting

Seems like its best to hold off a few weeks for the Fury Pro, to see how that shapes up

Be interesting to see how it overclocks once tools support it, I mean its full load temp is 51c

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Expected.

Expected a little disparity, maybe... but this level of disparity @ 1080p was not expected.

gta5_1920_1080.gif

That's a frankly shocking difference.

dEvAnGeL

Expected a little disparity, maybe... but this level of disparity @ 1080p was not expected.

gta5_1920_1080.gif

That's a frankly shocking difference.

it is, considering you can get a 980 for than $500 and the difference is 2 to 5 frames give or take, ouch

Condom

Seems like it really doesn't compete with the 980TI that much. Either driver issues or simply not good enough.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Wow AMD shit the bed on this one.

I still can't believe they don't have HDMI 2.0 and are trying to claim 4k performance.

Xyber

So this card gets destroyed by 980ti when it comes to overclocking, expected it to do a little better than that. The water cooling seems almost like a waste, Sweclockers said the pump was noisy and their card had coil whine.

Pooya

$650 for a high end water cooled card is really good if you ask me. I hope its size and cooling become standard on high end, would be great for SFF builds.

Musician

Very disappointing. I was hoping to drive my 120hz 1080 screen (and possibly future occulus) with a fury x. Not only because it seemed perfect for it beforehand, but nvidia really needs some serious competition to avoid a possible monopoly situation.

As it stands there's no way I can justify the purchase over a 980ti right now. Sorry AMD. I really hope you survive.

sirap

I'm impressed. Driver updates will only make this better. Love how cool and quiet this thing is, and if I hadn't already ordered two Titan X's I would probably go with AMD this time.

Malaysia is hot as fuck.

wachie

Not really. Some of us play with 1080p 144Hz monitors, so 1080p is still important.

Oh well, I guess I can keep the 7970 GE a while longer :/
I'm not saying 1080p isn't important. Picking out just one game/setting to paint it performs at 980 level seems hyperbole.

For example

19x12ufuyf.png

That is an average across 20+ games and settings.

Nachtmaer

I always had a feeling it wasn't going to outright beat the 980 Ti, but after all the hype I didn't expect it to come just short of it. Still seems like a solid card that finally brings some competition. I wonder how much more performance they can squeeze out of it with drivers in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom