• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!

Don't forget Nvidia custom resolutions :p

JtQXuY9.png

ekim

I've read that GeDoSato has a force fullscreen option. Does this put every game in exclusive fullscreen mode and thus enabling G-Sync when possible? I want to find a way to enable G-Sync on Pillars Of Eternity and Cities: Skylines.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I've read that GeDoSato has a force fullscreen option. Does this put every game in exclusive fullscreen mode and thus enabling G-Sync when possible? I want to find a way to enable G-Sync on Pillars Of Eternity and Cities: Skylines.

If the setting works with the game, it should force exclusive fullscreen yes, which I'd imagine would enable G-sync.

Mifec

Does this still work with Dota 2, can't seem to get it to work. Works fine with other stuff I tried. Edit: I'm retarded, had to be fullscreen mode.

Varna

I was asking for help on this very thing a few post above. It works fine for forcing true fullscreen and g-sync will work. The problem is I can't seem to figure out how to use GeDoSaTo for only forcing fullscreen. Any kind of upscaling just makes PoE look incredibly blurry.

Shin

Banned
I'm trying to use it with Blade & Soul, the game runs on DX9 and is 32-Bit (UE3).
But it crashes due to nProtect GameGuard detecting GeDeSaTo as a hack/3rd party program.

Anything that can be done about that? Error code 4044 and all, it's used by a handful of Korean companies to counter cheating.

jediyoshi

What should I throw into the config for Valkyria Chronicles borderless fullscreen?

I have forceBorderlessFullscreen true which kinda works but the game window isn't centered

wilflare

What should I throw into the config for Valkyria Chronicles borderless fullscreen?

I have forceBorderlessFullscreen true which kinda works but the game window isn't centered

I'm having this issue with Legend of Korra as well - anyone got it figured?

can someone explain the following keybindings too?
#takeFullScreenshot VK_DIVIDE
#takeScreenshot VK_MULTIPLY
#togglePerfInfo VK_SUBTRACT
#togglePerfTrace ~VK_P

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm having this issue with Legend of Korra as well - anyone got it figured?

can someone explain the following keybindings too?
#takeFullScreenshot VK_DIVIDE
#takeScreenshot VK_MULTIPLY
#togglePerfInfo VK_SUBTRACT
#togglePerfTrace ~VK_P

Delete the "#" to enable the keybinding.

/ * - P keys respectively. the first three are on the numpad.

wilflare

Delete the "#" to enable the keybinding.

/ * - P keys respectively. the first three are on the numpad.

any idea what these do?
togglePerfInfo VK_SUBTRACT
togglePerfTrace ~VK_P

FPS counter?

---
still having issues trying to center my game with GeDoSaTo
any ideas?

EDIT: does GeDoSaTo AA settings overwrite the GPU/Driver level settings?

Miker

Anybody get Legend of Korra to show higher resolutions? GeDoSaTo loads properly, but the game reports maximum res as 1080p.

didamangi

I have the same problem as this guy in Dead Space 2.

I can get around it by changing the resolution to 1080p before exiting the game and then changing it again to the downsampling resolution when I start the game again but, yeah.

Hopefully Durante can take a look at it when he has the time.

wilflare

I solve the borderless fullscreen issue with Borderless Gaming. I'm on mobile now so I can't link it. Just google for it.

I'm using it but it's still being stretched on my 16:10 screen (Korra is 16:9 only)
tried a few workarounds but none auto provide black bars at the top and bottom

---
anyone got downsampling working with DOTA2 in Borderless Windowed Fullscreen?

and how exactly do we enable Postprocessing in GeDoSaTo
I switched the toggle to yes but nothing happens, it looks the same

Stein3x

Is there any news regarding HBAO+ working with GeDoSaTo? Running at extreme resolutions while not beeing able to force/use HBAO+ through Nvidia Inspector kinda sucks

wilflare

finally consolidated my questions

been trying to get back into PC gaming and make use of my gaming PC. trying to get the hang of GeDoSaTo but I'm kinda lost
  • (1) AA Priority - Does GeDoSaTo's AA settings override the GPU/Driver level setting? (for example, my nVidia Control Panel?)
  • (2) Aspect Ratio - I use a 16:10 monitor. Some games only support 16:9 (e.g. The Legend of Korra) Is there anyway to make the game display in 16:9 with black bars instead of stretching? I've got it working at some level but I can't seem to get the black bars
  • (3) Post-Processing - I have enabled it for some of my games but there's no obvious difference. Do I still need to further adjust the post.fx file?
  • (4) Toggles - Do the DOF, Bloom, etc toggles affect GeDoSaTo's post-processing (in post.fx) or are they referring to something else?
  • (5) DOTA2 - Is there anyway to get Downsampling working with Borderless Windowed Fullscreen? Can we use GeDoSaTo to enable SMAA instead of in-game AA?

Mike Golf

I'm having trouble using GeDoSato with DOA5: LR. I want the 4K render from the game to downscale to 1440p but with GDS set to downscale to 1440p I still get the error that my display does not support the selected resolution for DOA5 when I boot it up. Is this because DOA5 doesn't natively support 1440p as well or am I missing a step here?

FoxSpirit

The past 2 days, I learned a lesson. A very brutal, 10 hour long vicious lesson: if your computer starts to fuck up, make SURE GeDoSaTo has terminated competely perfectly the last time you used it.

A bad hook compromised my windows installer and instant crashed my Internet Explorer which I wouldn't even had known if League of Legends didn't need that thing to even launch.
But I had frequent "Windows Command Processor Has Stopped Working" which so far didn't seem to do evil things. Until I tried running League.

I turned the fricking system inside out, learned about the shitty broken Telemetry update, completely resetup my windows installer with registry patches, in the end arrived at the internet explorer, rolled that back to version 9, then found the WER error log to find... GeDoSaTo???
Started it, got reprimanded to take care that it closes properly next time, booooooom. Things work again.

I feel there should be a big warning somewhere that if GeDoSaTo for some reason terminates improperly it can really fuck things up in your system.

Lesson: always check if GeDoSaTo terminated properly when things go haywire, even 2 months later or suffer 10 hours and consume 3 liters of fine french cider to deal with the stress of doing this after 10 hour work shifts.

#soveryded

wilflare

okay guys... help me here pls..

I'm trying to play DmC (yes....)
is there a way to lock 1080p60? I'm getting random dips :/

and for those using GeDoSaTo
- do the settings in GeDoSaTo override those of the nVidia control panel?
- GeDoSaTo's default is AA disabled (and only offer SMAA or FXAA)... I would prefer nVidia's MSAA if I can :/

sorry to post here - but I'm getting really confused by this nifty tool.
I'm trying to enable SSAO in DmC as well but nothing seems to happen?

jett

D-Member
Trying to use Prince of Persia 2008 with GDST, but it just won't work. No additional resolutions are displayed in the configuration menu (Launcher.exe). Any tips?

Parsnip

Trying to use Prince of Persia 2008 with GDST, but it just won't work. No additional resolutions are displayed in the configuration menu (Launcher.exe). Any tips?

You can force it into higher resolutions by doing some registry editing, the values are in HKEY_CURRENTUSER\Software\Ubisoft\PrinceofPersia\1.0\engine. And after you change them, don't touch the resolution box in the launcher again.
I don't remember if it works with GDST, but it most definitely works with custom resolutions and nvidia DSR, so GDST is probably a good bet as well.

jett

D-Member
You can force it into higher resolutions by doing some registry editing, the values are in HKEY_CURRENTUSER\Software\Ubisoft\PrinceofPersia\1.0\engine. And after you change them, don't touch the resolution box in the launcher again.
I don't remember if it works with GDST, but it most definitely works with custom resolutions and nvidia DSR, so GDST is probably a good bet as well.

I tried that, the game wouldn't run unfortunately.

edit: ah wait! it works, I was whitelisting the wrong executable. Thanks!

Just used this for the first time, I'm working my way through my backlog. I'm having to play Borderlands at 5K 21:9 (5120x2160) to get the FPS down into my Freesync window (under 75Hz). Looks great, though, lol.

Thank you Durante!

Red Hood

Banned
Somehow when down sampling Child of Light from 4K to 1080p, the mouse is unmoveable during combat. I had the problem during regular gameplay as well, but setting Intercept WindowProc to true did the trick. But unfortunately that didn't help with the mouse during the actual turn-based combat. Anyone have a tip?

Also, I can't seem to pick my own resolutions in DX:HR, BioShock and Bastion for example, whereas it works fine with Dishonored and Mass Effect by adding the resolutions to the default config\GeDoSaTo.ini

dex3108

I stared using GeDo few days ago for Dishonored and it works without issues. I am downsampling from 4K to 1080p and game still runs at 60FPS with my GTX 760 and looks way better :D Too bad that it is DX9 only so i can't use it with newer games because Nvidia DSR doesn't work for me for some reason (It looks like DSR messes with some settings that make my monitor go out of range).

BlackEyes

for some reasons it doesn't work on Launchers in windows 10, but ingame it does, u can only change resolution in launcher for some games though so it's a bad situation, can u check it out?

Lime

is there a way to include the post-processing effects of Reshade when taking screenshots with GeDoSato? It doesn't seem to capture the effects regardless of type of screenshots.

Reshade's own screenshot function only captures it in the monitor resolution.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Does this program allow you to downsample 1080p or whatever resolution to 720p? Needed so I can play in 3D.

Yep, as long as it's a DX9 game.

I used the same method to downsample from 2880x1620 to 1920x1080 so I could play games in 3D on my monitor.

3D should also work with DSR by the way, if you have a non-DX9 game you wanted to test this on.

Decado

Yep, as long as it's a DX9 game.

I used the same method to downsample from 2880x1620 to 1920x1080 so I could play games in 3D on my monitor.

3D should also work with DSR by the way, if you have a non-DX9 game you wanted to test this on.

Nice!

What is DSR...?

Lime

is there a way to include the post-processing effects of Reshade when taking screenshots with GeDoSato? It doesn't seem to capture the effects regardless of type of screenshots.

Reshade's own screenshot function only captures it in the monitor resolution.

Anyone?

heringer

I can't for the life of me downsample Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

I tried DSR, but the game won't recognize any resolution higher than 1080p.

I tried changing the resolution values in the .ini, but the game doesn't seem to care.

Tried GeDoSato and the game also doesn't respond at all.

Any ideas? Steam version.

I can't for the life of me downsample Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.

I tried DSR, but the game won't recognize any resolution higher than 1080p.

I tried changing the resolution values in the .ini, but the game doesn't seem to care.

Tried GeDoSato and the game also doesn't respond at all.

Any ideas? Steam version.

I think that game supports SGSSAA (enabled via Nvidia Inspector) which will give you some really nice IQ.

heringer

I think that game supports SGSSAA (enabled via Nvidia Inspector) which will give you some really nice IQ.

Tried that too, but nothing changes in the game. Still a jaggie fest. :(

edit: actually, I thought you were talking about nvidia control panel. I did it through nvidia inspector and it worked. Doing 8xMSAA + 8xSGSSAA and it looks fantastic. Thanks!

kiyomi

Somewhat unrelated: Is there a thread around anywhere for SweetFX? I'm trying to use it for the first time and I can't seem to get it running on either Tomb Raider or Torchlight 2, and both seem to just crash. Thought someone here might know.

Top Bottom