• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

Palmer_v1

R.I.P. Hagi!

OOOOO, Archer just stole top of the page and I can edit!

UXLTZwv.gif

Go back to your own game, I don't come and post in yours.

Now listen here crab-cake, I'm *trying* to create an "Unexpected Arch-Nemesis/Immoral Successor" out of Hagi here, excuuuuse meeeee for being the only one on the cast thinking about this soap opera's future ratings, you- what do you mean we're still On Air

UM.

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK, FOLKS. SAME BEAR PLACE, SAME BEAR CHANNEL BYE-

Swamped

Banned
I know we said no game discussion but Hagi...

I really have so much to think about right now. It sucks so so much that I had to miss the deadline.

I just wanted to let Launchpad know that I will be away from the 8th to the 11th. Tahoe doesn't have great reception but I'm hoping the house we're staying in has wifi so I will try to check in for the second day phase, but things will be pretty busy. I'm sorry everyone! For multiple reasons!

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Dammit I missed the deadline. I can't believe that clusterfuck.

exf27M4.png

Good morning! There are now 96 hours before the end of the day phase.

DING DONG DING DONG

You awaken to the sound of school bells and the cursed bear bidding you good morning . Knowing what to expect from today, you shuffle around half-awake and trying to get dressed, expecting to be shuffled down the elevator shaft again. However, while you couldn’t quite place it, something felt weird, disconcerting… As you begin to exit your room, you hear it.

Monokuma appears on your television set, commanding your attention with an absurd exclamation. “Bing bong bing bong. A body has been discovered! Following a brief period of investigation, we will commence our school trial!”

Rushing out your door, you search for the group of gathering students in front of a dorm room. You slow down as you move closer. Entering the room, a hint of iron touches your nostrils. As you move deeper in, you realize why.

franconp lay across his bed, throat slashed open, the sheets still moist from the blood. You felt your body crumble under its own weight, yet somehow you kept yourself from falling. How could your life have turn into this?

The students made their way back to the courtroom for the day’s deliberations.

franconp said:
Welcome to Despair Academy!

You are an Ordinary Student!

You are aligned with Hope. You win when only Hope-aligned players remain.

You do not remember your classmates, but clues lead you to believe that you perhaps knew them in another life.

Oh, you’re just ordinary. You might have a super high-school level ability, but it’s probably something useless and not worth mentioning anyway, like fishing. Your only power is the ability to vote. Kinda lame, I know. But hey, you can do a lot with that power! But so can everyone else in the game… sorry. Just, uh, do your best.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role.
cDMEVto.gif

Before any deliberations can begin, however, kgtrep slams his hands down on the podium, grabbing everyone’s attention. He violently points at Crab.

“I know you’re Despair, Crab. Let’s hear you admit it!,” he yelled.

kgtrep has challenged Crab to a Bullet Time Battle. For this Day Phase, players can only vote for kgtrep or Crab. No Punishment is not an option.

Time remaining in Day Phase 2:

t1439420400z4.png

kgtrep

Hagi, I apologize for ruining your first play. I had no evidence that you were Despair but voted for you anyways, so that I would have consistent, often baseless statements for everyone to see and not suspect that I had a PR.

I said that I will keep Crab in mind for you. In the name of the Togami family, I will honor my word today.

----

VOTE: Crab

My power allows me to challenge someone to a duel, but at the stipulation that I can use it only once in this game. I decided to use it now, against none other than Crab, for two reasons, labeled A and B.

A.
His passive-aggressiveness and verbal abuse on Day 1 is frankly shameful, and I have come to believe that his leadership, which many of us accepted due to his seniority, is not in our best interest. He clouds our judgment in finding Despair, and that is bad for our immediate survival. We need to be able to win this game without him.

I left to you to use your deduction and vote for whom you found the most suspicious. When we have little to go on like we had expected would happen for Day 1, collective information can work when everyone follows their opinion on a matter. I also thought that Hagi would be safe despite having two votes from Swamped and me, since I did not have some of your trust.

So it makes me sad to see that Crab's vote for Hagi, which happened 30 minutes before Day 1 ended, was soon followed by votes from six others. Ask yourselves how you came to vote for Hagi. Was it your deduction or Crab's that led to your vote? What even was his deduction?

Jesus christ Hagi has 8 votes what in the fuck how did that happen

B.
There is a good chance that he is Despair acting as Hope, banking on the assumption that we will not lynch him early in the game due to his experience in mafia.

However, I believe that we should lynch him regardless of his alignment. If he had been Hope, his actions on Day 1 have caused us more damage than usefulness. If he had been Despair acting as Hope, he will continue to cause us damage.

----

In my next posts that are to come, I will give examples to show that,

(1) he went against our best interest as Hope,

(2) he told us how a logical Hope or Despair would play in order to excuse his actions, (a human mind is complex and unpredictable)

(3) his own actions contradicted his earlier advice on how we should play as Hope.

As I had spent much of my time on *Splinter, Sawneeks, and Hagi on Day 1, there is a good chance that I missed how your conversations went with him.

So I will need your help. You must let us know what you think of my examples, what your reads on Crab and myself are, and provide us additional insight if I missed anything.

As I no longer have a power and a character to hide behind, I will be glad to answer your questions about my posts and clear up any suspicion that you have of me.

kgtrep

For your convenience, I found all the posts that Crab, Hagi, and I made on Day 1.

I also plotted when and how frequently Crab and I made posts over the four actual days that made up Day 1. The x-axis corresponds to the post number.

However, you can imagine that the difference in post numbers is not uniform in time, i.e. there are time intervals when many posts were made and there are time intervals when few posts were made.

So just above the x-axis, I included the actual times, so that you can see how much time elapsed between two post numbers. The times are in PDT.

Day 1 posts by kgtrep:

308, 312, 321, 322, 329, 333, 367, 375, 399, 403

426, 428, 429, 436, 449, 473, 475, 488, 495, 496

524, 570, 591, 592, 594, 603, 639, 684, 685, 689

697, 746, 768, 769, 770, 773, 774, 776, 779, 788

789, 791, 797, 800, 802, 803, 805, 810, 812, 814

825, 827, 829, 834, 842, 848, 883, 942, 1004, 1031

1037, 1052, 1100, 1124, 1131, 1137, 1141

Day 1 posts by Crab:

346, 366, 368, 370, 393, 414, 421, 438, 451, 528

529, 530, 532, 535, 537, 540, 559, 562, 566, 567

576, 578, 593, 623, 624, 625, 630, 631, 636, 638

640, 644, 709, 710, 711, 757, 766, 772, 830, 852

855, 864, 865, 881, 887, 905, 907, 909, 914, 915

918, 921, 924, 949, 951, 953, 954, 965, 970, 971

977, 978, 991, 992, 999, 1003, 1006, 1007, 1012, 1016

1021, 1033, 1043, 1049, 1064, 1070, 1077, 1084, 1091, 1098

1111, 1118, 1125, 1132, 1139

Day 1 posts by Hagi:

323, 353, 573, 643, 647, 676, 678, 998, 1026, 1035

1057, 1082, 1090, 1096, 1106, 1117, 1135

Post frequency on 8/1 - 8/2:

FIMPRIk.png

Post frequency on 8/2 - 8/3:

z9PawBx.png

Post frequency for 8/3 - 8/4:

1nz2u21.png

Post frequency for 8/4 - 8/5:

6HcV6q6.png

Before we really begin I need to address some things from last week.

1. My distrust of Crab

I still do not trust Crab. He said Hagi was a nullread. And maybe that's true. But it seems awfully convenient that now he can pin the loss of a Hope player on "well I never said he was scum. I said I wasn't sure."

I'm likely to vote for Crab. But I'll play this Day by ear for a little before making any decision.

2. My actions during the final moments before the Day's end

My actions leading up to the vote were a mess. I made a critical mistake in thinking I could catch Crab by voting for Rest. Mostly because I thought he had read Rest as a scumread. If Rest was Hope, it would demonstrate that Crab's reads are unreliable and that he may be scum himself. If Rest was scum, I'd have my faith in Crab restored.

Sadly I learned about 20 minutes before the vote that I was wrong, and that Crab had hoperead Rest. With only 20 minutes left and most of the votes already placed on Hagi, I had not a fucking clue about what I should do. So I simply tried making a truce with Crab and went with the plan on lynching Hagi. I felt anything was better than a potential No Punishment caused by a tied vote between Hagi and Rest.

I hope that people will believe that my behavior during the vote was from a combination of newbie jitters, and thinking that Crab had scumread Rest.

And I'll once again link my post where I outline why I am suspicious of Crab.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174319869&postcount=944

I am also a bit shocked that franconp was killed during the night. I suppose it was because he was very middle of the road, and was suspected of being a PR. Alternative hypothesis is that the Switcher power was at play. Or some other PR.

I had long suspected Crab and franconp of being allied scum. However, that obviously is not true at least in one way.

I no longer know what to think about Crab.

kgtrep

My suspicion of Crab started on Day 0 when he asked LaunchpadMcQ to turn the clock by 2 hours ahead:

Post #268
Launch, can you shift the start forward by like 2 hours? That's 1 AM where I live.:(

As a result, we started this game at 4 pm PDT (11 pm Crab's time) instead of 6 pm PDT (1 am Crab's time).

But why would the gamemaster need to accommodate a single person's work schedule, when that person should be just another participant?

I suspected that it's not the beginning of Day 1 that really mattered to him but the end of Day 1.

Had Day 1 started on time at 6 pm PDT and ended at that time, Crab would have to work/sleep and would not be able to interfere with us during the last hour when everything is at stake.

To substantiate this claim, I drew time plots of when and how frequently Crab made his posts. Surely enough, he did the following:

(1) wrote the first post 10 hours after Day 1 started on August 1st (plot #1),

(2) contributed little to finding Despair by targeting only Makai and SalvaPot from August 2nd to 4th (plots #2, 3),

(3) bombarded us with numerous posts on August 5th (plot #4).

Note that I also made many posts on August 5th, as I tried to convince Makai and everyone to follow my new voting procedure. However, those posts happened over a period of 18 hours, and at least 6 hours before the end of Day 1.

Crab's numerous posts, however, occurred over the last 6 hours. We must question why he didn't put all that effort into finding Despair from August 1st to 4th, when we had more time to analyze new information.

In those last 6 hours, you will find that I did not pressure any of you to vote for Hagi. I was busy attending a meeting and spent my time afterward to clear Crab's last-minute accusation of me.

Kalor

kgtrep, you might want slowly roll out your posts rather than this big information dump but it's up to you I guess.

My bad, Kalor. I will post two other tomorrow then.

This is more to potentially stroke my own ego, but did any of my post influence your suspicion of Crab? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=944

Anyway I thank you for doing this. I wanted to vote Crab out Day1, but I wasn't able to sway the popular vote to my cause. You doing this will force the issue. If I am wrong about Crab, well that gives us plenty to think on. I can envision three situations:

1. Crab is Hope, kgtrep is Hope:

BAD END. I think this is unlikely though.

2. Crab is Hope. kgtrep is Despair.

We need to think hard about WHY kgtrep would use his power on Crab. Was Crab on the right track with some of his predictions? Or perhaps this is the only time in the game to even use the power, when the suspicion on kgtrep is low and some people are suspicious of Crab.

3. Crab is Despair. kgtrep is Hope.

I will say I TOLD YOU SO, from all my posts on D1 where I realized there was something fishy about Crab.

4. Crab is Despair, kgtrep is also Despair and this is all a clever ruse so we all blindly trust the victor of this duel.

I really fucking doubt this. It would just be a troll strategy.

With that said,

Vote: Crab

*Splinter

Seriously? I spend 3 fucking days going over everything, double checking, cross referencing. Solidifying my suspicions and building my case against Crab, only for this fucker to jump in and steal the show.

I made spreadsheets man, good spreadsheets, full of carefully collected data
that may or may not be shared at a later date.[/i]

Fuck this, fuck you, fuck everything

I'm also jealous of your graphs, damnit

Disclaimer: I'm not actually saying "fuck you", it's amazing how much overlap I'm seeing in your post and my preparations

kgtrep

This is more to potentially stroke my own ego, but did any of my post influence your suspicion of Crab? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=944

Anyway I thank you for doing this. I wanted to vote Crab out Day1, but I wasn't able to sway the popular vote to my cause. You doing this will force the issue. If I am wrong about Crab, well that gives us plenty to think on. I can envision three situations:

1. Crab is Hope, kgtrep is Hope:

BAD END. I think this is unlikely though.

2. Crab is Hope. kgtrep is Despair.

We need to think hard about WHY kgtrep would use his power on Crab. Was Crab on the right track with some of his predictions? Or perhaps this is the only time in the game to even use the power, when the suspicion on kgtrep is low and some people are suspicious of Crab.

3. Crab is Despair. kgtrep is Hope.

I will say I TOLD YOU SO, from all my posts on D1 where I realized there was something fishy about Crab.

4. Crab is Despair, kgtrep is also Despair and this is all a clever ruse so we all blindly trust the victor of this duel.

I really fucking doubt this. It would just be a troll strategy.

With that said,

Vote: Crab

No, but I did see that post of yours during Day 1. Even after Day 1 ended, I did not have much time to look at posts made by people other than Crab. So I will definitely need input from all of you.

Don't forget to use highlight! :)

I'm actually just going to repost my stuff here so that people dont have to follow the link (which appears to be broken?)

Actually I need to bring something up. NOW.

My initial thoughts on Makai

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173943459&postcount=545
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173943639&postcount=546

When I (apparently correctly) surmised Makai was a Hope PR I was talked out of thinking so by Crab.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173947095&postcount=559

Who has been acting as Hope Leader.

But in

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174311094&postcount=905

Crab claims he actually shared my suspicions after a point.

Weird. Crab, you shared my suspicions but then did everything in your power to push Makai into a corner?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174287415&postcount=852

Hell you shared my suspicion that Makai was a Hope PR and yet STILL fucking voted for him?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174250917&postcount=830

And then after your vote Sawneeks joins in:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174287313&postcount=851

And then francop:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=174291144&postcount=860

Now this doesn't say too much about Sawneeks or francop since to be honest most of us see you as the Hope leader. Me seeing you as leader is what led me to also switch my vote to Makai.

But gee, this does seem like the perfect chance for Despair to lead the bandwagon against a Hope PR.

Everyone, I'd be extremely suspect of Crab, Sawneeks, and francop. I don't know if I will survive the night. But PLEASE for the love of god keep my post in mind.

Kalor

My bad, Kalor. I will post two other tomorrow then.

Its okay. It just means we can go through the information we got so far today without being overloaded. Though having it all on this page would make things easier to go back to.

In regards to your point about moving the time, I was going to ask the same but Crab posted to move the time back first. There could be an ulterior motive but it just reads to me as wanting to be able to participate at day start and end at a normal time.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Well this is quite a development. This seems like it should be a hope aligned power, but we shouldn't assume that it is. You all can imagine the possibilities of what's happening here, but I want to point out one in particular: while the chances are good that kgtrep and Crab are on opposite sides, it may also be that both are Mafia. Crab has a lot of heat on him at the moment, he may be a liability to Dispair if they know that people mistrust him. However you vote, don't let the other person slip out of your sights.

My actions leading up to the vote were a mess. I made a critical mistake in thinking I could catch Crab by voting for Rest. Mostly because I thought he had read Rest as a scumread. If Rest was Hope, it would demonstrate that Crab's reads are unreliable and that he may be scum himself. If Rest was scum, I'd have my faith in Crab restored.

I am irritated at what happened CornBurrito. You waffled and people threw votes on Hagi because no one defended him at all, and the accusations against him were based on a random post early in the thread that was conjecture. I can't tell you what to do, but I would appreciate it if you had some conviction next time you go on the offensive.

I do have a question though: why was it me or Crab? Why couldn't you just spear Crab and see what happened then? There's no malice in that, by the way, I'm curious.

For now, my suspicions of Crab were never quelched, and the points CornBurrito brought up added to my feelings.

*Splinter

Ok, I just read your last post and you've really gone in depth on this. I agree a lot, especially that even if Crab is hope his decisions caused us way more harm than good. But I believe there is enough evidence to support the case that this harm was not accidental.

CornBurrito: I wanted to ask you what your opinion of Crab is now that we've had these 3 days to reflect. I guess you've answered, so now I'd like to know who else you are suspicious of?

kgtrep where you asking me about my opinion on you and Crab in there? My opinion of Crab is clear. I also believe you are Hope as I said yesterday - let me find the quote.

Also you have two more of these posts about Crab? Might as well post them in my opinion, we can discuss this issue without devoting the entire day to it, I think.

franconp is surprising, will have to go and re-read stuff (again)

I am irritated at what happened CornBurrito. You waffled and people threw votes on Hagi because no one defended him at all, and the accusations against him were based on a random post early in the thread that was conjecture. I can't tell you what to do, but I would appreciate it if you had some conviction next time you go on the offensive.

I do have a question though: why was it me or Crab? Why couldn't you just spear Crab and see what happened then? There's no malice in that, by the way, I'm curious.

For now, my suspicions of Crab were never quelched, and the points CornBurrito brought up added to my feelings.

I could not defend Hagi. I mean I could have, but like he already had a lot of votes on him by the time I realized that my "vote Rest" strategy was based on a faulty memory. I had no time to defend him and propose an alternate lynch target. I also had no idea whether or not Hagi was Hope, and frankly I wasn't too motivated to defend a person with 5+ votes when there were only a few minutes left on the clock.

Why you or Crab, why not just spear Crab? I simply knew nobody was going to vote for Crab on Day1. Even after my big post and accusations, people still trusted him. We were not going to get a Day1 lynch on Crab. The next best alternative was you, or so I thought. I had thought that Crab pegged you as Despair aligned. If he was correct, I'd trust him. If he wasn't, I'd have more evidence that could have led to a Day2 Crab punishment. This plan fell through when people clarified that Crab did not scumread you.

Likewise, there was no malice when I argued to punish you. I simply thought it would lead Crab into a trap if he indeed was Despair aligned. But I was mistaken about how Crab had read you.

Ty4on

(2) contributed little to finding Despair by targeting only Makai and SalvaPot from August 2nd to 4th (plots #2, 3),

He called your PR though :p
inb4 clumsiest "secret" role power usage ever

We also do not know that they are hope, only that Hagi (whom you were more suspicious of than Crab) is hope.

I'm playing a bit devils advocate because I don't trust Crab either.

This is a crazy power, but does it only make sense for a hope student? That's how I am going to attack this.

If it was a despair power then essentially it would allow the despair to target someone they wanted gone by posting a theory.

On the other hand if despair has this power than hope has one too. However if kgtrep is hope, then this power might only be limited to hope students (which fits the universe better in my opinion, but that is severely my opinion on this power).

So if kgtrep is despair then someone else has this power that is hope. If kgtrep is hope then we probably only have hope players with this power.

This leads me to not want to vote kgtrep, I feel this ability is more likely to be hope (if only one person has this power.

This brings me to crab, personally I think crab isn't despair. As I posted in day 1, his coming out and acting as "leader" of the students is very risky. If it works it means that only a neutral or lone killed hope player would take him out. I feel that really the only person playing that COULD pull this off is crab, but I just don't think he is.

Therefore the safe vote is for crab, it's the one more likely to not be hope. I just don't want to because I don't think he is despair.

Thanks kgtrep... I'll actually vote later after more people post.

kgtrep

In regards to your point about moving the time, I was going to ask the same but Crab posted to move the time back first. There could be an ulterior motive but it just reads to me as wanting to be able to participate at day start and end at a normal time.

Yes, that is possible. I didn't ask Launch since that would be unfair.

kgtrep where you asking me about my opinion on you and Crab in there? My opinion of Crab is clear. I also believe you are Hope as I said yesterday - let me find the quote.

Yep, I'd like everyone to participate. Please let us know by quoting your previous post, or writing a new one if you think that your previous post does not fully show what you think.

kgtrep

This is a crazy power, but does it only make sense for a hope student? That's how I am going to attack this.

If it was a despair power then essentially it would allow the despair to target someone they wanted gone by posting a theory.

On the other hand if despair has this power than hope has one too. However if kgtrep is hope, then this power might only be limited to hope students (which fits the universe better in my opinion, but that is severely my opinion on this power).

So if kgtrep is despair then someone else has this power that is hope. If kgtrep is hope then we probably only have hope players with this power.

This leads me to not want to vote kgtrep, I feel this ability is more likely to be hope (if only one person has this power.

This brings me to crab, personally I think crab isn't despair. As I posted in day 1, his coming out and acting as "leader" of the students is very risky. If it works it means that only a neutral or lone killed hope player would take him out. I feel that really the only person playing that COULD pull this off is crab, but I just don't think he is.

Therefore the safe vote is for crab, it's the one more likely to not be hope. I just don't want to because I don't think he is despair.

Thanks kgtrep... I'll actually vote later after more people post.

Not a problem, we have 3+ days before Day 2 ends. I'm actually worried myself that there is Despair with the same power, but we'll worry about that after killing Crab.

CornBurrito: I wanted to ask you what your opinion of Crab is now that we've had these 3 days to reflect. I guess you've answered, so now I'd like to know who else you are suspicious of?

My suspicion waned a bit over 3 days, but kgtrep fully renewed them.

As for who else I am suspicious of.... well I sadly don't know. I thought Crab and franconp were Despair. franconp was very middle of the road, and he kind of slipped into bandwagons. I thought he was laying low. I did mention Sawneeks, but I don't think he is Despair. He voted with Crab a lot, but while Crab (if he is Despair) went with a high risk Despair Hope Leader strategy, I don't think the whole team Despair would gamble on it. We can probably suspect the people who made an effort to stay as far away from Crab like never posting when he did, never interacting with Crab. If Crab is indeed going for a high risk strategy, the backup plan for its failure would rest on the remainder of Despair not being close allies with Crab.

Actually franconp's death brings something to mind.

Why franconp

We can figure out who to punish on Day 3 by figuring this out I think.

Reviewing Day1 we saw goshujinsama and Makai out themselves as PR roles. goshujin I believe is either Neutral or Hope. People have implied that Despair can PM each other or have some alternate means of communicating besides this thread. Had he been confused about his power, he could have just asked through there if he was Despair. Unless they used his new player status to their advantage, but lets not get all conspiracy theory right now.

Makai also outright claimed he was a Hope PR. And lets say we believe him.

The two prime targets for N1 would have been Makai or goshujin. Or perhaps Crab as he was a Hope leader. Goshujin is risky though, because he can use his power on himself. But did Goshujin protect himself, or protect Makai? That's who I would have protected if I were Goshujin.

But none of them were targeted it seems. Crab not being targeted makes sense if Despair either doesn't fear him (his deductions may be off), or if he is Despair. Makai and goshujin not being targeted though? Why not try to go after a Hope PR? Unless one or both are Despair aligned. But I already explained why I dont think goshujin is Despair aligned. But then why not go after Makai? Perhaps Makai is Despair aligned.

However, there's an alternate explanation. Perhaps Makai/goshujin actually were targetted and goshujin used his power to switch either himself or Makai with franconp. Did goshujin suspect franconp?

I think we need to know who Goshujin targeted with his power. With this information we might be able to find another member of Despair.

Ty4on

One thing that hasn't been discussed much (barely mentioned) is that franconp was killed and none of the supposed PRs. He makes a lot of sense as a switch (quiet), but did the switcher hit jackpot?

Ty4on

Reviewing Day1 we saw goshujinsama and Makai out themselves as PR roles. goshujin I believe is either Neutral or Hope. People have implied that Despair can PM each other or have some alternate means of communicating besides this thread. Had he been confused about his power, he could have just asked through there if he was Despair. Unless they used his new player status to their advantage, but lets not get all conspiracy theory right now.

Despair have a seperate forum where they can talk. You can read the pervious Mafia forums in older GAFia games.

Kalor

One thing that you don't mention is that maybe they killed franconp as their death wouldn't give much information. If we didn't have kgtreps role today then we would have little information except continuing discussions from d1.

Or maybe Despair killed Franconp as they suspected someone and the Despair kgtrep used their role to try to distract us from discussing it. I doubt this but who knows.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
KG, does this have anything to do with the card thing on day one?

And so help me if neither of you are dispair, if you aren't we could be potentially wasting 2 days of voting on you two...

CzarTim

ok on my pc give me a few to go through everything, but god I fricken hate these kind of powers. Overrides too. They are so fricken anti-town I dunno why people use them.

*Splinter

I noticed lol, and with such a weak defense. It obviously hurts Crab in my eyes but I don't think Terrabyte has been a accused by that many people(?)

Regarding kgtrep: His very first vote (for me, not that it matters) was based on him watching people's forum activity to see who was watching but not posting. While I strongly disapprove of this sort of play (outside the spirit of the game) it seems way more likely to be a townie desperate for information than a mafia doing it for lols. I can't see him being anything other than town. (I know I posted earlier against making absolute statements of strategy. If I am wrong, well played I guess.)

I'm curious why you'd pick him anyway. It doesn't fit your usual reason of least active/informative. Surely there are others who weren't involved in bandwagons? Pau? Kalor?
Here is the post where I defend kgtrep. I've thought this since very shortly after I voted for him back in my first post of the game. Since then I've thought a lot of his actions weren't very helpful (such as his card game - whole load of fluff in my opinion) but I've always put this down to well-intentioned bad town play (this is also why I didn't engage you much kg - I wanted to focus on players I was still unsure about).

This power usage though could be a real turning point for Hope. I believe too many people were putting their trust into Crab blindly, as a false leader he would have led us to a swift defeat. CornBurrito has already posted about the uphill battle he experienced when attacking Crab (I wish you had been more confident here, it was quite out of character with what you had done so far but also the first time I thought you could be trusted). kgtrep's do or die might be our best chance at a Hope success.

Unless I'm wrong, of course... at this point I can't believe that's the case, curious to hear Crab's defense.

*Splinter

Looking over franconp's activity from yesterday, he voted for Nuclear (inactive), Human (inactive), Makai (bandwagon) and Hagi (bandwagon).

Apart from this he cast some doubts on ViviOggi (396) and Pau (561). Showed support for KingKitty and goshu

One thing that hasn't been discussed much (barely mentioned) is that franconp was killed and none of the supposed PRs. He makes a lot of sense as a switch (quiet), but did the switcher hit jackpot?

I literally mentioned this in the post right above you.

One thing that you don't mention is that maybe they killed franconp as their death wouldn't give much information. If we didn't have kgtreps role today then we would have little information except continuing discussions from d1.

Or maybe Despair killed Franconp as they suspected someone and the Despair kgtrep used their role to try to distract us from discussing it. I doubt this but who knows.

That is a possibility. But what information would Makai or goshujin's death given us that Franconp's death didn't?

CzarTim

ok like litterally putting alignment aside for a second, kg please stop using posting time / activity time as a basis for your cases it's weird and creepy.

Top Bottom