• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

PK Gaming

Welp I guess I'm joining you guys from now. My friend just got me into this thing and now I'm starting to believe I may develop an addiction since it's actually way more fun that I was expecting.

I don't know whether that's a good thing or not..

#TeamMaki for the the ones who care :p

Welcome, brother

Also make sure to watch the ANIME

CoinArt

QejDCWD.jpg

fek

I don't know, we haven't gotten the second season yet.. I guess they will want to dub everything from now on so it might take a while.

fek

If anyone plans on buying the movie and isn't interested in the code for the lottery for buying tickets for the 6th live, I'll buy it for $20 via paypal

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'll sell you some YuruYuri concert lottery tickets.

They may however be about two years out of date.

Qurex

Neo Member
The next event for the English version is "Twelfth Round SCORE MATCH".
This event will start on Wednesday, 2nd September 9:00 AM UTC and end on Thursday, 10th September at 8:00 AM UTC.

The main prize for this event is a Smile Super Rare Card, Kousaka Honoka (Festival Ver.) [Super Rare #410]. Here is the idolised version of the Event Super Rare.
Max Level: 80, HP: 4
SMILE: 4760, PURE: 3980, PURE: 3280
Appeal: Festival Happi Coats - For every 25 notes, there is a 42% chance of turning all goods and greats in the next 3 seconds into perfects. (Level 1)
Center Skill: Smile Heart - Increases Smile points.

The Normal Card reward for this event is a Cool card, Saiki Fuu [Normal #409] . Here is the idolised version of the Event Normal.
Max Level: 40, HP: 2
SMILE: 1020, PURE: 630, COOL: 2490

It is assumed that the songs available will be the same as it was for the Japanese version.

The First Set of songs will be available from Wednesday, 2nd September 9:00 AM UTC to Saturday, 5th September 7:59 AM UTC.

Selection 1
Easy/Normal/Hard - First Set
  • SMILE - Bokura wa Ima no Naka de
  • SMILE - Someday of my life
  • PURE - Takaramonos
  • PURE - Pure girls project
  • PURE - Donna Toki mo Zutto
  • COOL - Binetsu kara Mystery
  • COOL - UNBALANCED LOVE
  • COOL - Dancing stars on me!
Expert - First Set
  • SMILE - Someday of my life
  • PURE - Takaramonos
  • PURE - Pure girls project
  • COOL - Binetsu kara Mystery
  • COOL - UNBALANCED LOVE
The Second Set of songs will be available from Saturday, 5th September 8:00 AM UTC to Tuesday, 8th September 7:59 AM UTC.

Selection 2
Easy/Normal/Hard - Second Set

• SMILE - START:DASH!!
  • SMILE - Ai wa Taiyou Janai?
  • SMILE - Love wing bell
  • PURE - Yuujou No Change
  • PURE - Yume no Tobira
  • COOL - Paradise Live
  • COOL - A・No・Ne・Ga・N・Ba・Re!
  • COOL - LONELIEST BABY
Expert - Second Set
  • SMILE - START:DASH!!
  • SMILE - Ai wa Taiyou Janai?
  • PURE - Yuujou No Change
  • COOL - A・No・Ne・Ga・N・Ba・Re!
  • COOL - LONELIEST BABY
The Final Selection of songs will contain both the First and Second Sets of songs.
This will run from Tuesday, 8th September 8:00 AM UTC to Thursday, 10th September 8:00 AM UTC.

Countdown for the start of the English event on Wednesday, 2nd September 9:00 AM.
t1441184400z0.png

Credits to the English LLSIF Wiki for some of the pics and info.

---------------------
Friday, 28th August 2015

Love Live! The School Idol Movie will air in Edinburgh

Love Live! The School Idol Movie is one of several anime films that will be shown this year as part of Scotland Loves Animation 2015.
The Love Live movie will only be shown at the Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh.
It will not be shown at the Glasgow Film Theatre.

Exact broadcast dates have yet to be confirmed.
Tickets will be available from "late August / Early September".

http://www.lovesanimation.com/2015/08/scotland-loves-anime-2015/

http://www.lovesanimation.com/edinburgh2015/

Well, it's something I guess for Europe well, really the UK.

----------------------
The movie BD will be released on December 15th!
http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/bd.html

As fek has mentioned, details about the contents and release date for the home release of Love Live The School Idol Movie BD have been announced.

-------
Love Live! The School Idol Movie Blu-ray
Jacket Illustration may change

Release Date: Tuesday, 15th December
Instore Preorder Deadline: Sunday, 18th October

Special Limited Edition
Price: ¥9,800(excluding tax)/BCXA-1025

Bonus
★μ's Next Live Lottery Ticket (details about μ’s Next Live will be announced officially in a future announcement on the homepage)
★A new original novel written by Sakurako Kimino
★μ's Original Song CD (A new song recorded by μ's!)
★Bonus Disc
Contents
■μ's Fan Meeting Tour 2015~Love Live! in your city~
Cast: μ's Nitta Emi (Kousaka Honoka), Yoshino Nanjo (Ayase Eli), Aya Uchida (Minami Kotori), Suzuko Mimori (Sonoda Umi), Riho Iida (Hoshizora Rin), Pile (Nishikino Maki), Aina Kusuda (Toujou Nozomi), Kubo Yurika (Koizumi Hanayo), Tokui Sora (Yazawa Nico)
(Recording of the performance held at Nakano Sun Plaza Hall in Tokyo on Sunday, 31st May 2015).
■Theater Manners Commercial
Special Booklet (28 pages)
Special Card [Loveca+] (uses the jacket illustration)/1 type (3 points)
Limited Serial Code for the Smartphone App Love Live! School idol festival (Code Expiry Date: 23:59 JST, Thursday, 30th June, 2016).

Bonus Footage
Special Report PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq1bvL5vFmE
Movie Announcement PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V0m1M3on8Q
Public Commemoration PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMWxqHzfV1k
Clean Ending Footage

Other Details
Special Package drawn by Murota Yuhei (Character Designer, Animation Director)
Mikatase Clear Case

-------
Normal Edition
Price: ¥6,800(excluding tax)/BCXA-1024

Bonus
Special Booklet (4 pages)

Bonus Footage
Special Report PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq1bvL5vFmE
Movie Announcement PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V0m1M3on8Q
Public Commemoration PV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMWxqHzfV1k
Clean Ending Footage

Love Live Movie Store bonuses [Click the text for an image of the bonus item(s)]

Softmap
lily white (Sonoda Umi, Hoshizora Rin, Toujou Nozomi) Specially Drawn B2 Tapestry
Comes with Blu-ray (Special Limited Edition and Normal Edition)

Gamers
Printemps (Kousaka Honoka, Minami Kotori, Koizumi Hanayo) Specially Drawn B2 Tapestry

Animate
BiBi (Ayase Eli, Nishikino Maki, Yazawa Nico) Specially Drawn B2 Tapestry

Amazon.co.jp
Bluray Storage Box and a Specially Drawn Card of Ayase Eli
(The Normal Edition only comes with the Ayase Eli Card)

BANDAI VISUAL CLUB
B4 Size Illustrations (10 Pieces)
Comes with Blu-ray (Special Limited Edition)

HMV and Loppi
Set of 3 Postcards (By School Year)

SevenNetShopping
B2 Poster

Tower Records
A3 Clear Poster

TSUTAYA Records/TSUTAYA Online
Postcard

Toranoana
A3 Clear Poster

Yamada Denki
Set of 3 Clear Postcards (By School Year)

Rakuten Books
Microfiber Towel (20cm x 110cm)

----------------------
Thursday, 27th August 2015

Release date for a new original song for SchFes!

Love Live School idol festival
As mentioned in the memorial campaign for reaching 10 million users nationwide and 15 million users worldwide, it was decided that a new song will be written for SchFes!

Release Date: Wednesday 28th October 2015
Title: Undecided / Artist: μ’s
Contents: 2 new songs and their off vocal versions (4 tracks total)
First Print Bonus
Love Live! School idol festival Serial Code for 3 Idolised SRs (There are 3 types, 1 will be randomly enclosed)

It's scheduled to launch first in SchFes before the release of the CD!
Details such as the delivery date will be announced later in the game.

----------------------
Saturday, 8th August 2015

Love Live Sunshine!! First Single Bonus Items!

On Wednesday, 7th October 2015 Love Live! Sunshine!! 1st single
To customers who purchase at the following stores, you will be presented with a mini standee and a profile card

Love Live! Sunshine!! 1st Single Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagyai Teru Kai? lit. Is Your Heart Shining?
Artist: Aqours (Aquas)
Release Date: Wenesday 7th October 2015
BD ver LACM-14400 - Price: 3,000 yen
DVD ver LACM-14401- Price: 2,000 yen

Store Bonus Contents
Mini Standee (9 types, about 25 cm tall)
You can place a profile card on part of the standee.
Profile cards will be randomly enclosed in the initial print.

Stores
Gamers: Kurosawa Ruby
Animate: Kurosawa Dia
SevenNetShopping: Kunikida Hanamaru
Bandai Visual Club (BVC): Sakurauchi Riko
Tsutaya Records (except some stores): Takami Chika (Tsutaya Online preorders are only for the product) [TSUTAYAオンラインは予約のみが対象です]
Neowing: Matsuura Kanan
HMV: Watanabe You
Softmap: Ohara Mari
Tower Records Tsushima Yoshiko

http://www.lantis.jp/title-news.php?id=629d232935cd7f4c849179c00c907177&nid=1438995600

----------------------
I've read most of the CUT magazine. It's 33 pages about the movie, with solo interviews with each of the members, the letters that have already been posted here, an interview with all 9 of them together and an interview with composer Aki Hata talking about 10 important songs for the franchise (actually 13 because she pairs a few songs together), it's pretty interesting so I might make a post about this part, only the last few songs are spoilers to the movie. We are used to hear about the songs from the seiyuu but I don't remember hearing from the composers before.
But for me my best purchase was that comiket exclusive Emitsun photobook. With her first album coming soon, I can only hope we get a new photobook.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.
Yeah that interview about the 10 important songs for the franchise was the part that I was most interested in. Like you said I don't really remember ever hearing stuff from the compsers before either. I didn't know that there was a comiket exclusive Emitsun photobook. That's really cool that you managed to get that. It's nearly been a year since her first single, and the 1st album is coming out about a year later. That's quite fast isn't it? (To get an album since her debut). Have you been getting any of the more recent issues of Dengeki G's recently due to LL Sunshine? I haven't got any of the recent issues. Though I was thinking of getting the issue the month when Aqours release their debut single.

Articalys

My 5-voucher "prize" after the five and a half months it took to get to level 100
One of the weakest Smile SRs
Also it's a Honoka Smile SR immediately before an event where the prize is... a Honoka Smile SR

Fuck RNG, fuck gatcha systems
At least I haven't spent a single cent on it and plan to keep it that way
I did end up burning 25 LS though to tier and idolize the ghost Maki SR because the unidolized version looked really stupid

I ran some calculations and in order to tier in every event at the lowest end, you would need to spend somewhere around $25-30 a month, maybe a bit less if you have a really high level... don't want to think about the obsessed who aim for the very top spots (I read an article a while back about the top Clash of Clans player and that lifestyle is insane)

One more thing, some of the story sections that use all 4 parts of the chapter are great; it's a shame they're stuck in this limited visual novel format and aren't getting adapted in OVAs or stuff

No info yet, but last year the anime BD for the lottery was released on June 20th and the drawing was on late September. This year things will probably be closer since the concert is still scheduled for winter.

Guess it will be too late to buy it in March then ;P

chrono01

I'm just going to forget about the movie seeing as it's not coming out here...

OK. Whose balls am I going to have to punch for this decision?
Yeah, that genuinely made me upset, haha.

Oh, you want to play School Idol Festival? Well here's an advertisement for a movie that you can't see because it's not coming to Canada. Enjoy!

;_;

fek

Sorry for taking so long to reply.
Yeah that interview about the 10 important songs for the franchise was the part that I was most interested in. Like you said I don't really remember ever hearing stuff from the compsers before either. I didn't know that there was a comiket exclusive Emitsun photobook. That's really cool that you managed to get that. It's nearly been a year since her first single, and the 1st album is coming out about a year later. That's quite fast isn't it? (To get an album since her debut). Have you been getting any of the more recent issues of Dengeki G's recently due to LL Sunshine? I haven't got any of the recent issues. Though I was thinking of getting the issue the month when Aqours release their debut single.
Cool to see that someone is interested in that, I'll try to translate it and post here.
Yeah, Emitsun has been very successful with her solo work. I've started listening to her radio show a while back and it's so good. Same for Ucchi, her second album is just as good as the first, I love it.
No, shipping doubles the price of these magazines and by the time it gets here, the next month's issue is already out, lol. I only buy these when there's a nice bonus.

GoXDS

That's even worse! They're called cinemas and theatre is spelt wrong!

it's not spelled wrong, it's American English spelling. same for theater vs cinema. American usage of "going to the movie theater" which gets abbreviated to simply "going to the movies" or "going to the theater"

I guess Singapore English uses American English spelling/usage for theater =P (even though Wiki says Standard Singapore English retains British English spelling I guess there's exceptions? or KLab Global is just being weird)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cool, now I just need to find some starter guide.

I hope you can reroll, Anastasia or bust.

Edit: I'm stuck at the Japanese text on the main screen, what do I press!

Yeah, a quick start guide would be nice. I got the email about it so I assume I have to do something with that for the 'pre-order' bonus.

Yeah, a quick start guide would be nice. I got the email about it so I assume I have to do something with that for the 'pre-order' bonus.

Hmm I didn't get an e-mail yet, I did unsubscribe from their newsletter though, maybe that has something to do with it.

Did everyone else also get a mail?

Edit: Pffft, already looking forward to navigate through all these Japanese sites in order to get my free gems or something.

-----------------------

Wow, I'm really impressed with this game, like, it's awesome so far.

Some small things I noticed, I only played up until the part where I had to enter my name, still waiting for some guide on how to get my free "loveca"

- The Smile/Pure/Cool categories are there

- Idolizing is done by using crafting materials instead of a second copy

- You have five people in a group instead of nine

- There are some new mechanics, they require you to swipe left or right.

- Concerts are animated in 3d, it actually looks really impressive and smooth

- Bonding still exists.

- Character portraits look kinda uncanny

- Everything is fully voiceacted, including getting a new member and bonding conversations.

- There is some sort of Farmville mechanic where you can make your own studio

Maybe everything looks a bit better because it's the tutorial but I'm still impressed, I hope someone delivers soon because I want to play it lol.

Oh, the main theme is cool, it's an instrumental version of OP 1, I really miss it so it was nice that it appeared.

Hachitora

Doesn't seem to be on the ios store (unless I'm searching for it wrong) and I haven't gotten an email about it either. Maybe I screwed up and didn't actually preregister for the game or something, lol

Top Bottom