• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Soooo. 05:00 GMT September 1st. ?

Sorry i'm being completely dense, this is all very confusing for me.

don't worry, it has been extremely confusing for everyone because Konami needs to be annoying until the last moment.

Akiller

0240e5cc4c.jpg

Kojima gonna Kojima.

To think, in just a few days, Konami won't be relevant anymore :) Well, I suppose people will still want to hear what's going on with MGO but after that, we never have to want to hear from them again.

iMax

I don't really think mgo3 will happen.

I expect an announcement of a second delay late September, then an "early next year" then nothing for 6 months, and a cancellation next year when nobody cares anymore.

Either that or its just very barebones and has like 2 maps and only a few modes and is riddled with problems and barely works. Then it gets turned off in March.

This is konami, if they even care to spend money releasing it I would be very surprised.

Is there any mention of it on the game's box or manual?

No mention. It even says on the back of the box "Online Multiplayer Support: 1-2 players".

Strazyplus

No mention. It even says on the back of the box "Online Multiplayer Support: 1-2 players".

would it be funny if they decide to make MGO a standalone $60 title.

I would not be surprised if it has in depth micro transactions and transitions to F2P in a year like it was designed for.

hitme

Found out one of my old classmates just won a million dollars.

I'd rather get my game now...
and a million dollars. ;_;

Shy

It's OK, I'm really confused. This isn't something that should be put out via twitter. We need a press release not limited to 140 characters.
don't worry, it has been extremely confusing for everyone because Konami needs to be annoying until the last moment.
Thanks for making feel better guys. :)
yeah. BST is the replacement for GMT because british summer time, etc.
Thanks for the clarification.
To think, in just a few days, Konami won't be relevant anymore :) Well, I suppose people will still want to hear what's going on with MGO but after that, we never have to want to hear from them again.
7JTwV5n.gif

That's referring to FOB.

olympia

my sister is in shibuya right now and will be there during launch. is there any cool metal gear solid shit she could get over there? (except the jpn CE).

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So guys, I've been thinking. If your FOB gets invaded and your stuff gets stolen, but then one of your friends goes to take that guy's stuff, couldn't you technically invade your friends base to get the invader's stuff?

MattyG

Banned
Which site?
In a G+ group full of guys who used to hang around the N4G forums before it was a ghost town. They may have just worded what they were trying to say wrong, but maybe not.

I'm just getting off everything except GAF until Tuesday now. Too much risk of people just dropping shit with no concern.

Edit: False alarm, they just worded what they were trying to say poorly. That was my one warning fake out. Phew.

Shy

So guys, I've been thinking. If your FOB gets invaded and your stuff gets stolen, but then one of your friends goes to take that guy's stuff, couldn't you technically invade your friends base to get the invader's stuff?
Only if your friend gives you permission first, and to just get what was taken. I don't see why not.

Speaking of which, if any of you have added me on PSN, could you also add me on steam. Thanks.

Yeah, same for me. The pop music isn't enough. But it's a military game so soldiers, tanks and jeeps tend to look the same for long periods of time.

There's a bunch of soviet soldiers wearing stuff they wore in the 80s invading Afghanistan. That part of it is pure 80s.

There's a bunch of soviet soldiers wearing stuff they wore in the 80s invading Afghanistan. That part of it is pure 80s.

As Russian I totally agree. Even the first look at Soviet troops in 2013 E3 trailer gave me a shock that Kojima went full-on yet again. With everything like clothes, striped shirts (telnyashka) and blue berets of VDV (airborn troops) and so on.

w3bba

As Russian I totally agree. Even the first look at Soviet troops in 2013 E3 trailer gave me a shock that Kojima went full-on yet again. With everything like clothes, striped shirts (telnyashka) and blue berets of VDV (airborn troops) and so on.

this so much. my uncle is a veteran of that invasion and the depiction of the Soviet troops is so spot on. Kojima outdid himself again

Rajang

Typical Kojima attention to detail.

Top Bottom