• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 (2016) & Gravity Daze Remaster announced (PS4) (platform whine = ban)

I kinda liked the original on Vita, (not as in love with it as others are and didn't like the controls) but am willing to give it another try on PS4.

TheChaos0

I'll buy Gravity Daze 1 HD, I'll buy Gravity Daze 2 for PS4, I'm not even bothered that it's not coming straight into my Vita.

More Gravity Daze = more Kat = win, no matter the platform.

Sony banzai!

It really is weird to see a Sony franchise with this much charm and whimsy. I'm all for it. I really hope this takes off.

It is probably one of the most charming games I've played in years. Kat is just soooo loveable and the town was so much fun to explore. Made me think of steampunk Miyazaki.

qcf x2

The visuals look absolutely amazing, but I won't touch the game unless they improve the combat system. Big time.

labaronx

Most people on here were right about gravity rush coming to ps4

The biggest suprise is gravity rush 2 in 2016.... can't wait

IvorB

I have a feeling that because this is the Vita, people are acting like they don't understand why Vita owners are bothered by their device not getting the sequel.

Yeah pretty much. If MS announced the next Halo was going to be exclusive to Windows I don't think people would be so quick to say "just buy new hardware".

All im suggesting is that you will need new superior hardware to play the sequels.

Also although gravity rush was made with vita in mind, it never felt like a handheld game, which is why it controlled so horribly

Well there's no suggestion that this sequel is in some way too much for Vita to handle in some form so right now it just reads like a big "f**k you" to Vita owners that supported this game. Given the history of the Vita so far is it really that surprising that Vita owners are upset?

Vita even got some new third-party titles announced today as well and yet the platform owner, who carries the main responsibility for supporting their platform, just announced that the sequel to one of its best-loved games is skipping it. So many PS4 games come out with a Vita version at the same time yet Sony couldn't be bothered to do even that. Of course it comes as no surprise to anyone but that doesn't mean it's not an issue.

Trogdor1123

Sounds good to me, loved the first one. Never beat it though so this is a welcome announcement by me.

Any mention of price?

I never finished Gravity Rush, which was the reason I bought a Vita at launch and I was disappointed with the delay but then after playing it I was just disappointed.

Empty

so glad this series lives. one of the few genuinely original feeling worlds in games (not just ripped off from popular films) and a joy to navigate.

i will happily buy both

Gravity Rush 2 is expected to release in 2016, and it is said to take place shortly after the events of Gravity Rush. Its development progress is currently unknown.

Director Keiichiro Toyama says now that they’ve been able to depict the game as sharp as can be, they’re overhauling everything for Gravity Rush 2 in order to make it look as good as possible.

He says that the action is dynamic and the story will be bigger for the upcoming sequel, but first, he’d like you to check out the expression of gravity that you’ll get to experience in Gravity Rush Remastered.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/15/gravity-rush-2-takes-place-shortly-after-the-first-game/

GRHD is 90% complete and will have a new gallery mode.

It is probably one of the most charming games I've played in years. Kat is just soooo loveable and the town was so much fun to explore. Made me think of steampunk Miyazaki.

This is exactly how I feel. The first game reminded me more of Ghibli than even Ni No Kuni. It just captured that characteristic charm. The sound track helped a lot with that I suppose.

Yeah pretty much. If MS announced the next Halo was going to be exclusive to Windows I don't think people would be so quick to say "just buy new hardware".

People would understand if the Xbox was selling extremely poorly and it was obvious that it wasn't going to have a successor, so MS would naturally be moving their attention to their other platform where their games might have more of a chance at success.

sn00zer

So so glad this isnt on vita.
GR was the onl Vita game i played that felt truly hindered by vita's power. This game is gunna be crazy

muteki

Wonder if they will go motion for the gravity/look around control like the vita or just make it a left/right stick thing.

How could anyone be upset that it's moving to the PS4 lol? I love my Vita to pieces, and bought Gravity Rush on it, and I still want it on the PS4 :p This exclusives nonsense is so tiring lol.

How could anyone be upset that it's moving to the PS4 lol? I love my Vita to pieces, and bought Gravity Rush on it, and I still want it on the PS4 :p This exclusives nonsense is so tiring lol.
Yup, not upset at all. As much as I love my vita, and the first game, this will allow for a lot more interesting things in every regard.

Remaster isn't out till 2016?

February for US release

I do feel bad for the people who don't own a PS4 but hopefully this is a good incentive to get one. Unfortunately, Gravity Rush 2 would just flounder on Vita. They can make a better game that can really expand the franchise on PS4.

I thought the original was decent but not amazing. It was held back greatly by the motion controls and Vita's capabilities on a technical level. It was also very frustrating and repetitive so if they can fix those issues, I can see a new franchise being born out of this.

Best wishes.

AwShucks

Just watched the trailer. WOW. I can't wait to play this. Looks like they translated the gameplay to PS4 rather nicely.

Because the original was a PS Vita exclusive. If they don't have a PS4, to continue this series, they have to spend $400 instead of just $40 for the game. It's like if The Last of Us was a PS4 exclusive and then the sequel was an Xbox One exclusive.

How is that different from needing a PS4 for Uncharted 4 when the series started on the PS3? I'm sure plenty of people would prefer it being on the PS3 so they don't have to adopt a new system, but they'd be holding the game back.

For the sequel I wonder if we will get voice acting this time since it's now on the PS4?

I think it will be. I mean its budget must be a lot bigger and they will be aiming to make this a success on par with stuff like Bloodborne. And they should do too, this game could definitely have at least that appeal...

where are the jiffffsss????

bestcharacter6goaz.gif

bestworldhay56.gif

bestcharacter1tnu50.gif

bestcharacter2udrr3.gif

That looks so damn amazing. You're actually gonna fight soldiers than just Na'vi this time round.

Also, why the fuck is the trailer in 720p?

Mifune

Mehmber
I totally adore Gravity Rush but I haven't finished it on Vita because I think I might enjoy it more on console. So...DAY ONE.

ZarKryn7

So glad bluepoint is doing the remaster. These guys managed to address some of the complaints of the uncharted trilogy in the uncharted collection. Surely, they have something about the controls for gravity rush.

Gravity Rush 2 is an instant buy for me, so happy to see it on ps4. It disserves to be one of the main aaa series for Sony.

The hd remaster I'll probably pick up as well, but will wait for reviews. already own the first on vita.

So glad bluepoint is doing the remaster. These guys managed to address some of the complaints of the uncharted trilogy in the uncharted collection. Surely, they have something about the controls for gravity rush.

I think it also shows how serious Sony is about Gravity Rush as a series. They went out and got one of the two best remaster developers (the other being HexaDrive) to handle it.

Top Bottom